Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2015, 02:53 (Ref:3537287)   #1
witecap4u
Rookie

witecap4u should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Newb questions

Few questions to start off with, but still working my way through the FAQ thread.

I plan to pickup a rental car in Paris and drive down on Friday morning, I like driving so no big deal. Also I would like to use the car as a "home base" to get out of the elements and or catch a few ZZZ's.

Do I need to purchase parking pass ahead of time or can those be purchased at the track with the GE pass?

Will I be able to arrive on Friday and park and leave the car till Sunday(possibly come and go) or do the parking only lots need to be cleared out on Friday night?

Will I be hassled for sleeping in the car?
Are there any places to get a shower without getting a camping spot?
Old 14 May 2015, 06:20 (Ref:3537305)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
ok a few questions there
Yes it is advisable to book a parking space as soon as possible, you may be able to get one on the day but the allocated spaces close to entry gates are better if you want to be close to toilets etc.
Yes if you have a parking space you can leave the car there, friday and saturday night and sleep in them if you wish but setting up a tent may be a problem as spaces are tight and the security will not like it.
Within the circuit there are showers at the ACO building if you are a member and on the camp sites, many of those are open if you are on foot so no one will stop you joining the queue.
lastly welcome to the forum and prepare for the greatest motor race in the world, go once and you will be planning next year before you leave
Old 14 May 2015, 08:40 (Ref:3537332)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Agree totally with GT6 - reserve a place in Parking Blanc. No hassle for sleeping in the car, I do it every other year during the Classic.
ACO site says there are 125 spaces left. It's the only one with numbered spaces and is just a minute or so from the start/finish entrance - at 40 euros it's well worth it.

Last edited by Kpy; 14 May 2015 at 08:49.
Old 14 May 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3537334)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
In answer to the shower question, that's not easy, but it is possible to access the Bleu campsite as a pedestrian, directly from Parking Blanc by ducking under the concrete fence bar (easier than it sounds) and using the shower and toilet facilities.
Old 14 May 2015, 09:21 (Ref:3537339)   #5
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Every campsite except for Tertre-Rouge (if I'm correct) can be entered as a pedestrian with a normal entry ticket. I have never been stopped strawling the campsites. Many are free accesible.. Every campsite these days has descent hot water portable cabin showers. To avoid a que, shower in the afternoon or very late at night. Members of ACO have priveliged!!! very descent showers at the ACO grandstand. Enjoy .
Old 14 May 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3537398)   #6
witecap4u
Rookie

Has anyone had any problems printing parking passes and tickets from home. Kinda worried about getting them shipped being only a month out.
Old 14 May 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3537485)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't know there was a 'print your own' facility?
Old 14 May 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3537514)   #8
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I didn't know there was a 'print your own' facility?
That's because you don't buy your tickets direct from the ACO
Old 14 May 2015, 21:10 (Ref:3537515)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But do you get the some Black effect when exposed to the suns heat? - I think not!

I prefer ACO printed
Old 15 May 2015, 02:52 (Ref:3537569)   #10
witecap4u
Rookie

yeah, would be nice to have the color credential. Not sure what the print at home creds look like. parking doesn't bother me since it will be in the car. I think I'll give the ticketing agent a call tomorrow. Just don't want to end up on a plane with no tickets in hand.
Old 15 May 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3537627)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by witecap4u View Post
yeah, would be nice to have the color credential. Not sure what the print at home creds look like. parking doesn't bother me since it will be in the car. I think I'll give the ticketing agent a call tomorrow. Just don't want to end up on a plane with no tickets in hand.
My comment was a joke based on an issue ACO had two years ago with the tickets turning black if they were left in the windscreen exposed to the sun.

But I have never heard of a print-at-home solution for Le Mans tickets?
Old 15 May 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3537659)   #12
Kpy
Veteran

E-tickets have been around for a while for concerts.
SNCF have offered them for rail travel for a while now - I use them all the time and ticketless airlines such as Ryanair use them for check-in.
Old 15 May 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3537668)   #13
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
E-tickets have been around for a while for concerts.
SNCF have offered them for rail travel for a while now - I use them all the time and ticketless airlines such as Ryanair use them for check-in.
And for those purposes they work great, as they are mainly "show once" tickets.

At Le Mans, the tickets needs to last at least one week wear and tear, which calls for a better quality of paper/cardboard, which few people have available at home.
Of course that is not ACO's problem, but ACO always seems to be better at thinking ahead than other organisers.
Old 15 May 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3537682)   #14
Kpy
Veteran

E-tickets will be quite safe in one of those plastic sleeves we all tend to have round our necks on a lanyard.
All the same I'll take the traditional ticket every time
Old 15 May 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3537703)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aesthetically I'm always a bit gutted when I get an e-ticket for an event. It's not something I can look back on in 30 years with any kind of warmth or nostalgia. But that's the way it's heading I guess.
Old 15 May 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3537709)   #16
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
My comment was a joke based on an issue ACO had two years ago with the tickets turning black if they were left in the windscreen exposed to the sun.

But I have never heard of a print-at-home solution for Le Mans tickets?
It was still happening last year. I turned my camping ticket around as it started to go black and just showed it when I went out in the car.
Old 15 May 2015, 16:17 (Ref:3537774)   #17
witecap4u
Rookie

I booked the parking pass e ticket and printed it out and it looks really good. Full color whole page. Still waiting on a real GA ticket at the circuit though, hopefully that wont be required to get to the parking area.
Old 15 May 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3537796)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
It was still happening last year. I turned my camping ticket around as it started to go black and just showed it when I went out in the car.
Yep, our garage blanc ticket went the same way.
Old 15 May 2015, 20:33 (Ref:3537842)   #19
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Aesthetically I'm always a bit gutted when I get an e-ticket for an event. It's not something I can look back on in 30 years with any kind of warmth or nostalgia. But that's the way it's heading I guess.
Agreed. Even worse are the show on your smart phone tickets!

Last year I took my wife and parents to a game of my favorite baseball team, the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants. Was ****ed though when I was charged $64 in "convenience fees" and didn't even get a proper ticket, just a link from my email.