Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 May 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3823134)   #51
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Got it. In Gulf blue as well.......
Not this time, pop over a glass during the week and you can see. The international camp is next door so there will be plenty of friends about
Old 17 May 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3823142)   #52
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, it's a shame that that part of the circuit between the farthest reachable point out of Mulsanne and the initial entry into the first right hander at Indianapolis isn't accessible...
Is there anywhere on the Mulsanne that is accessible for us amateur photographers ?
I would love also to be able to capture those nice head on shots on the way up to Indianapolis and the Porsche curves, as they a great sense of depth with the tree lined circuit behind.
Old 18 May 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3823180)   #53
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Is there anywhere on the Mulsanne that is accessible for us amateur photographers ?
I would love also to be able to capture those nice head on shots on the way up to Indianapolis and the Porsche curves, as they a great sense of depth with the tree lined circuit behind.

It used to be possible to walk between Indianapolis and Mulsanne although there has never been any official access. A stroll through the pine woods between the two on Saturday evening used to be one of the highlights of the weekend.

About thirty years ago they clamped down on such things and there's a noticeable police presence along the entire length nowadays. I can't say that it would be impossible to gain access, but certainly difficult and, thinking of where Peter Dumbreck's Flying Mercedes landed, potentially dangerous.
Old 18 May 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3823206)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Parking question for Arnage. If you want to go there during qualifying do you need a parking pass? We went during the race last year and didn't need anything. But possibly we were in a further away car park.
Old 18 May 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3823207)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The last two years we have been required to present our parking pass. I know a lot of people seem to get in with no ticket, but we take no chances and have bought Mulsanne/Arnage parking tickets again this year. It sometimes also means that we can get in the first car park while others get diverted to the overflow car parks further down the road which, when you have tired legs, makes a difference!
Old 18 May 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3823212)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We have a disabled pass so with that you get to park in the main area right by the track, comes in handy, but then to go on thursday evening rather than during the race
Old 18 May 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3823236)   #57
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seriously considering getting a bike bag and bringing my mountain bike this year...

Relied on the shuttle buses last year and, although far improved compared to a few years ago, I still wasted a hell of a lot of time waiting for buses or queueing to get on. Plus, after the mission to Arnage I then couldn't be bothered with Mulsanne Corner, which was a bit of a shame really.

I've walked TR -> Arnage and back a couple of times for Thursday quali in the past, but it's a bit of a killer. Always jealous of folk sailing past on their bikes.
Old 18 May 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3823270)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Can't Guarantee anything but may be room in car when we go, see you in 4 weeks
Old 18 May 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3823276)   #59
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have got in the habit of setting up camp, having a first wander around the village and then heading off to Arnage for the RTLM race and 2nd qualifying. Then back to camp to park up, Have a tipple and be trackside for final qualifying. There will be room in the car if anyone needs a lift to Arnage. I camp in Garage Vert.
Old 19 May 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3823348)   #60
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
Yes, there is.

The Hotel Arbor, immediately after the second chicane. They charge EUR15 per person for access (there is on site parking). That price includes a baguette and a beer.
You can walk right up to the chicane. I had a front row view as Jordan Taylor bounced through the gravel trap in his epic battle with Johnny Adam last year.
From the front of the hotel you can watch the cars heading down to Mulsanne.

They also have the race on Eurosport inside in case you want to watch that.

It's well worth a visit. Access is obviously from the east side of the circuit, off the D140. Access from the D338 is not advised...
Old 19 May 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3823395)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've not been there since I destroyed their loo in 1987...... I'm sure it was called something else then.....?
Old 19 May 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3823457)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
so it was you Andrew, you give us brits a bad name
Old 20 May 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3823591)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I was very ill.......

I didn't destroy it on purpose, but the management had to close it after I finished with it......
Old 20 May 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3823611)   #64
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
you must have eaten one of those horrible red sausages
Old 20 May 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3823613)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, never had any problem at all with those. It was actually a fish curry the night before that did the damage.......
Old 20 May 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3823646)   #66
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've not been there since I destroyed their loo in 1987...... I'm sure it was called something else then.....?
Perhaps that is a new thing to bring, to make amends?
Old 20 May 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3823662)   #67
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they have plenty there
Old 21 May 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3823717)   #68
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely not enough toilets at Le Mans in my opinion.
Old 21 May 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3823718)   #69
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Yes, there is.

The Hotel Arbor, immediately after the second chicane. They charge EUR15 per person for access (there is on site parking). That price includes a baguette and a beer.
You can walk right up to the chicane. I had a front row view as Jordan Taylor bounced through the gravel trap in his epic battle with Johnny Adam last year.
From the front of the hotel you can watch the cars heading down to Mulsanne.

They also have the race on Eurosport inside in case you want to watch that.

It's well worth a visit. Access is obviously from the east side of the circuit, off the D140. Access from the D338 is not advised...
We have booked in there for dinner on race night
Old 21 May 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3823731)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Definitely not enough toilets at Le Mans in my opinion.
Plenty of trees and bushes out the back of the circuit......
Old 21 May 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3823733)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
We have booked in there for dinner on race night
I don't think the Tourists ever actually ate there, although we went there in 86 and 87.... I'm sure I have a couple of photos taken from the top of the hotel somewhere.....
Old 21 May 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3823741)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Plenty of trees and bushes out the back of the circuit......
Must remember to thread carefully around there
Old 21 May 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3823764)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Always a wise thing to do.......
Old 21 May 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3823774)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m sure that is no different to most circuits
Old 21 May 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3823782)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think I would be resorting to the bushes at, say, Silverstone....

At Le Mans, for many years, it was very much the tradition to 'christen the fence' when we arrived in Parking Rouge......