Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2004, 09:31 (Ref:896779)   #26
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baumgartner was lapped on lap 13, that says it all.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 09:54 (Ref:896796)   #27
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by manwell
I read an interview with Paul Stoddart.
He said F1 needs privateer teams like Minardi and Jordan. And he made a good point in saying that someone has to come last. I
In a way he is right, but its a pity that its always the SAME team(s) that come last. Maybe the idea of switching drivers between different teams wasn't so bad after all

love, bridget
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:01 (Ref:896803)   #28
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
In a way he is right, but its a pity that its always the SAME team(s) that come last. Maybe the idea of switching drivers between different teams wasn't so bad after all

love, bridget
that doesn't solve anything if Minardi keeps the same budget, Webber,Alonso Wilson and Jos could'nt help the team forward in the past, so drivers are'nt the answer, they need cash, or maybe they can switch desigeners??(Rory Byrne to Minardi!!)
Old 7 Mar 2004, 11:09 (Ref:896857)   #29
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ALonso was managing to outqualify Prosts and Arrows on occasion, likewise Webber against the Toyotas, and Wilson was at least outracing the Jordans on occasion. Jos is the only one who couldn't regularly challenge anyone with the cars.

I'm not sure if people noticed that Bruni passed a few guys off the start, and ran ahead of Panis' Toytoa for a while, which is impressive considering his unfortuante Saturday. That shows some hope that they can keep their heads above water, although it's ominous that no other team lost both drivers (notwithstanding that they got Bruni back out there for some testing miles)

One thing which shocked and appalled me was just how badly Baumgartner attempted to get out the way when he broke down - Ralf was really close to ramming him.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 12:06 (Ref:896927)   #30
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
You clearly did'nt pay atteention last year, Jos was always ahead of Wilson in races, so if Justin could compete with the Jordans........
Old 7 Mar 2004, 13:09 (Ref:896993)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
Baumgartner was lapped on lap 13, that says it all.
I doubt very much if Zsolt could keep up with the pacecar without stuffing it up

Poor Stoddy... its not too late to get Alex Yoong into the seat for Malaysia!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Mar 2004, 18:48 (Ref:897293)   #32
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by manwell
I read an interview with Paul Stoddart.
He said F1 needs privateer teams like Minardi and Jordan. And he made a good point in saying that someone has to come last. If there are only big teams with maunfacturer backing (eg. BMW, Ferrari, Renault, Toyota, Honda, Ford/Jaguar, Mercedes) and they are forking out hundeds of millions of dollars each year, how will they feel coming last? Where is the value for money for the team who comes last? They will be out of F1 quick smart.
Statements like that can't do much for a teams moral, can it? Seems rather defeatist, and doesn't do much to foster a winning attitude, does it?

The statements, while factually true, shouldn't really be stated by the team owner, and I would rather see him concentrating abit more on making one of the other teams come in last for a change.

I'm not sure I would want to be part of a team, who thinks its OK to be last all the time...
Old 7 Mar 2004, 22:32 (Ref:897513)   #33
P1-Paul
Rookie

P1-Paul should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Minardi team are ideal for any young driver on a development scheme / contract, with a mid / front end team to get track time, learn circuits and develop skill (knowing that you've good a drive in the future), but outside of that unless you are very very special you're kissing good bye to your career! That's my opinion anyway..........
Old 7 Mar 2004, 22:52 (Ref:897530)   #34
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Statements like that can't do much for a teams moral, can it? Seems rather defeatist, and doesn't do much to foster a winning attitude, does it?
i believe the word is "realistic"

wasnt that long ago that they were battling with arrows, then prost.. and where r they now?
Old 8 Mar 2004, 08:46 (Ref:897784)   #35
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minardi really needs to link up with a manufacturer to be it's junior team. I can't see how they can continue otherwise.