Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2002, 23:39 (Ref:319272)   #1
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was ralf not allowed a fourth run?

If montoya set the best time with 13 odd minutes to go, why was Ralf not given 2 shots at beating the time. He had more than enough time to do 2 runs. A bit of team bias beggining to show?

Last edited by z2252314; 22 Jun 2002 at 23:41.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 00:19 (Ref:319284)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Ralf was saving his engine, didn't you know?

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 23 Jun 2002, 01:14 (Ref:319295)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Actually, it was suggested (and probably true) Ralf is on softer tyres and may be saving a set for the race. Strange though to be within 0.009 on not having a shot at it?
Old 23 Jun 2002, 01:15 (Ref:319297)   #4
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That saving the engine comment was uncalled for Valve. Get over it.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 01:18 (Ref:319298)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Moi?? get over it?? And do you have a more humourous suggestion??
I thought it was a great explanation.

Maybe you could come up with a better explanation. If so, please share it with us.

Old 23 Jun 2002, 01:20 (Ref:319299)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
On a more serious note, I wasn't sure at which stage Ralf decided not to run another qual, as I was watching teh World Cup. Perhaps he thought that the second placed car was on the bettre line (racing line, bettr grip) that pole.

Old 23 Jun 2002, 01:35 (Ref:319302)   #7
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
That saving the engine comment was uncalled for Valve. Get over it.
Your joke made me laugh out loud, Valve. Whatever you're under, don't get over it. To thick skins and broad smiles: Cheers!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 02:03 (Ref:319308)   #8
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

I thought it was a great explanation.
You've probably squeezed it in over a hundred times since last season. Is it because you've got something against Ralf or you cant find anything else to say.

If you need more material, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction - That way.

Last edited by Mania; 23 Jun 2002 at 02:04.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 03:59 (Ref:319332)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I don't know why you are so grouchy!! Canada didn't lose a game in the World Cup, the Wallabies havn't thrashed them recently, I havn't rubbished your posts for God knows when, maybe you should just take a glass of sunshine with rainbows into the loo with you next time. That might cheer you up.
I certainly don't intend to stop posting humourous posts no matter how jaded they seem to you. If you find my attempts at humour that annoying, then may I suggest you use the ignore function to eliminate these inane posts of mine.

Old 23 Jun 2002, 04:03 (Ref:319336)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simply, some people need to lighten up in this place and find their sense of humour again. The comment by Valve was simply tongue-in-cheek. Some people need to stop being so sensitive - 'Always look on the bright side of life!'

As to why Ralf didn't run, second on the grid is not the end of the world. And if he was running on soft tyres, that's a reasonable explanation.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 05:27 (Ref:319372)   #11
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you have to realize, manoz, that TFG and halfie fans can do and say no wrong.
far be it for us to add a bit of humour..................
Old 23 Jun 2002, 07:12 (Ref:319392)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
??? When i add a tongue in cheek sometimes, i also get blasted rather nastily by anti-schumacherist who takes it too seriously also.. Com'on, things work both ways...don't just condemn Schumacher fans... k?

I doubt VB's "saving the engine" comment is meant to be hurtful, so i do find it humourous... though on the other hand...it's a "tongue in cheek" squeezed too many times, its almost become dry. But hey, i quite like the green bouncy thing!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 08:26 (Ref:319425)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
OK - a few things here.

Mania, get a grip. Your hardly new here, so it should be painfully obvious VB was being sarcastic. And really, who cares if he was'nt. For the record, I'm sure your aware VB has been a big Ralf fan (I've witnessed the humble pie's being made for Dino and Moffat), so a rethink on attacking alies might be in order.

Quote:
Originally posted by eatapc
To thick skins and broad smiles: Cheers!
Well said. I think everyone could learn somethiing here.

Calais, its comments like that I believe are half the problem here. If your under the delusion that stupid flame bait posts only come from Ralf and Michael fans, I suggest you re-read some of your own posts.

Lets try and remember most of us are friends here, and we come here for fun. If joining the Schumacher v Montoya battle and getting out your aggro is all your interested in, I suggest you look for another site.

The tolerance level for this behaviour is wearing thin.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 10:16 (Ref:319474)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Wrex said. And Ralf's "saving the engine" comment from Hockenheim last year was priceless! That will go down in F1 folklore... and it will be dragged up from time to time, because it will be remembered - just as Senna punching Irvine is remembered, and Michael's tears at Monza, just to name a couple of other off-track happenings which are remembered.

I doubt Ralf didn't do the fourth run because he was saving his engine though. More likely he was saving his tyres, like Wrex and f1manoz have said.

Last edited by R; 23 Jun 2002 at 10:21.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 10:22 (Ref:319481)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Now wait a minute here guys. I think we are all friends, so lets not get carried away here, please. I come here to have some fun - if someone here doesn't like the rubbish I post, at least please give me the benefit of the doubt that it is never intended to abuse, insult or make unhappy any of my fellow posters here. If it seems that way, then of course I am sorry it is taken that way.

As for the Ralf saving his engine thing, Ralf dropped the gaffe last year, and I intend to continue to have a good laugh at his expense because I am a JPM fan, after Mark Webber of course.

So, let's all sit back and have a laugh on me, OK?

Old 23 Jun 2002, 10:24 (Ref:319483)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So, let's all sit back and have a laugh on me, OK?
No, that's not OK. Let's all have a good laugh WITH you!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 10:26 (Ref:319484)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by R

I doubt Ralf didn't do the fourth run because he was saving his engine though.
Wait, I might have unwittingly stumbled onto something here - remember Ralf's engine blew up just after he crossed the line last race, and JPM's engine blew up before he got to the finish line. He might know something that we don't

Old 23 Jun 2002, 10:31 (Ref:319487)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:

[...]Ralf's engine blew up just after he crossed the line last race[...]
Yeah, and that's one of the Ferdinand Porsche's criteria of a perfect race car. Trouble is that the other one was that the car should firstly win and subsequently crash. Ralfie only met one of them...
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:00 (Ref:319635)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Yeah, and that's one of the Ferdinand Porsche's criteria of a perfect race car.
Wasn't that Colin Chapman's adage?

Bouncey, don't stop, I enjoyed tyour crack. However, I expect you to buy me a new keyboard as the coffee I blew into is makking thhhhhe kkkkeys stickkkk.

Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:02 (Ref:319641)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Hmmm... maybe, I don't know. But that's Porsche's deffinition back there in ... 39? Not sure. Maybe Chapman was one of the guys who implemented the strategy too ....
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:09 (Ref:319649)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Why was ralf not allowed a fourth run?

Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
A bit of team bias beggining to show?
No.

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Jun 2002 at 15:11.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 16:38 (Ref:319732)   #22
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Why was ralf not allowed a fourth run?

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

No.
I'd agree that a bias of the Williams guys to favor Montoya is not begining to show... It has been there for quite sometime.

Patricks comments have shown this a long time ago.

There has been criticism of Ralf coming loud and clear from Patrick. I'd like to know where is Patrick's criticism of Juan who evidently cannot do more than qualify well with the most powerful engine in the series and who cannot seem to have the capacity to put a whole race together....

Just asking...

Old 23 Jun 2002, 16:50 (Ref:319743)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Re: Re: Why was ralf not allowed a fourth run?

Quote:
Originally posted by RT

who cannot seem to have the capacity to put a whole race together....

Just asking...

Well, this was JPM's first race ending mistake of the season so he's not doing too badly!

Just answering...
Old 23 Jun 2002, 16:55 (Ref:319747)   #24
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You do not have to spin out. There's also poor pitstop strategy, having a "siesta" before the second pitstops while Schumi was stringing 7 or 8 consecutive qualifying laps, etc, etc. Juan is ...er..."resourceful".
Old 23 Jun 2002, 17:39 (Ref:319766)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure which race is the siesta race, but if you mean Montreal he was lapping as quick as Ralf, so maybe it was the fact that the Ferrari was quicker!

Not that Michael's quick laps don't deserve credit, but I think you are misreading the situation.

Both Ralf and Montoya did well to out-qualify that Ferrari on Saturday and Williams said so.

Williams most certainly do not have a bias. They might like Montoya's fighting style, but they treat both their drivers equally. And advertise the virtues of both drivers.