Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which of these drivers (pick any amount) is gonna spring a surprise next week?
Juan Pablo Montoya 8 14.04%
Ralf Schumacher 5 8.77%
Mark Webber 22 38.60%
Giancarlo Fisichella 3 5.26%
Jenson Button 5 8.77%
Jacques Villeneuve 9 15.79%
Fernando Alonso 19 33.33%
Jarno Trulli 12 21.05%
Justin Wilson 4 7.02%
Haa, ha! Ant...ha...Antonio.....Piz.....Pizzonia, ha, ha, haaa! 7 12.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 May 2003, 18:30 (Ref:608857)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monaco!!!!!!!!!

It's Monaco this week. It could be unpredictable. Will bad weather cause everyone to spin? Or will Mark Webber storm to a surprise win (it wouldn't surprise me!)? Qualifying will be really interesting too. The possibilities are endless.

Does anyone have any predictions for Monte Carlo - mundane or outlandish?
Old 24 May 2003, 18:38 (Ref:608862)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's difficult because you ask which drivers may spring a suprise. What does that mean? If they qualify well I wouldn't be suprised if any of them go and win so I don't know what to vote for.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:40 (Ref:608864)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it could be in qualifying or it could be a highly respectable race finish. It's up to you my friend!
Old 24 May 2003, 18:43 (Ref:608867)   #4
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would say alonso, but it wouldnt be a surprise to me if he does well (maybe even win). more of a surprise i would say could be fisi or webber who could do well if things go their way, but all it takes is one small error in qual to ruin anyones race so really anything can happen
Old 24 May 2003, 18:45 (Ref:608869)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Ok, I'd be suprised if Ralf, Fisi or Villeneuve (not great around Monaco usually. However someone that could suprise may be Trulli, if he manages to outpace Alonso.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:46 (Ref:608871)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Villeneuve certainly won't be making an impact next week, that's for sure!
Old 24 May 2003, 18:48 (Ref:608873)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Or Ralf "I'm in it for the money" Schumacher.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:48 (Ref:608874)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
He seems to hate Monaco with a passion, I wouldn't be suprised if he sticks it in the wall during qualifying actually.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:49 (Ref:608875)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He most probably will.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:50 (Ref:608876)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And then he'll try desperately to explain to the world that his fuel load was heavier than Buttons and that he would have won the race had he qualified twenty places higher.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:52 (Ref:608878)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
On that point the one shot qualifying is surely best suited to Monaco, it should be very intriguing to watch. All the usual "I got blocked" excuses will be gone, but how hard will the drivers push. A small mistake anywhere else may lose you a few tenths, at Monaco you are in the wall. But go too slow and you're pretty much stuck where you qualify for the whole race. I think the few that go all or nothing in qualifying, and make it, will be most successful next weekend. It should good.
Old 24 May 2003, 18:55 (Ref:608884)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That's why drivers such as Webber and Alonso, I'd say, will do well. They will go hell for leather in qualifying and be in a great position for the race.
Old 24 May 2003, 19:31 (Ref:608899)   #13
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for the win...hopefully.
Old 24 May 2003, 19:36 (Ref:608907)   #14
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And then he'll try desperately to explain to the world that his fuel load was heavier than Buttons and that he would have won the race had he qualified twenty places higher.
Old 24 May 2003, 19:46 (Ref:608911)   #15
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Montoya might do a good job at Monaco he did put it on Pole last year and Hopefully Alonso and Webber will be up there again
Old 24 May 2003, 20:25 (Ref:608925)   #16
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This could well be the race where Webber gets on the podium as he loves racing at Monaco & the Jaguar should be suited to the circuit as well.
Old 25 May 2003, 01:09 (Ref:609136)   #17
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm tipping Mark Webber to get in the top four in the race and hopefully stay there until the end.

Alonso to perhaps get pole and Button to comfortably out qualify JV.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 25 May 2003, 02:09 (Ref:609150)   #18
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I don't agree with the JV statements...it should be an interesting weekend. I predict that Alonso will put it in the wall somewhere and Trulli will be on the podium (which step I cannot say )
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 25 May 2003, 02:19 (Ref:609154)   #19
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli win........

Trulli win........

Trulli win........

Trulli win........

just you wait and see
Old 25 May 2003, 02:30 (Ref:609155)   #20
Baritone24

I Think that Qualifying will be very important towards the final results.Also i expect one of the front runners as always will have bad luck,that will change the complextion of the race .I look for Coulthard to do well, he is good here

Old 25 May 2003, 03:18 (Ref:609168)   #21
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My money would be on MS to win. I don't anticipate any big surprises. (other than someone screwing up qualifying) There will be 1 or 2 DNFs as a result of driver error. However as we all know it's all about qualifying. Obviously you can't screw up the start like JPM did last year or you're screwed.

The real question is will I care about this "race" enough to turn on the VCR so I can watch it? Probably not.
Old 25 May 2003, 03:48 (Ref:609179)   #22
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think mark webber and alonso will get podium

1. kimi
2. Mark Webber
3. alonso

(wishfull thinking i know )
Old 25 May 2003, 08:04 (Ref:609237)   #23
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I don't mean to be picky Snrub but JPM didn't exactly "screw up the start" when it's done on launch control.
Old 25 May 2003, 08:46 (Ref:609256)   #24
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, what do you mean by a "surprise"? Williams doing well doesn't exactly mean a surprise, right? Anyway, I'm not expecting surprises for that race, but I would pick Olivier Panis scoring points, perhaps a 4-5 place, unfortunately that option is not available in the poll. (where is Verstappen byt the way ). Other than that, business as usual. I predict the first Ferrari 1-2 of the year, but that doesn't count as a surprise too
Old 25 May 2003, 08:47 (Ref:609258)   #25
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
webber, alonso and trulli as a "positive surprise" and ralf schumacher as a "i-drop-out-every-year-surprise" oh well...right that wouldn´t be a surprise at all