Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jul 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3986954)   #3226
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alfas a go-go!
Attached Thumbnails
001.JPG   007.JPG   010 (1).JPG  

015.JPG   017 - Copy.JPG   016 - Copy.JPG  

Old 9 Jul 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3986959)   #3227
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More and more;
Attached Thumbnails
019.JPG   022.JPG   023.JPG  

IMG_7806.JPG   IMG_7802.jpg   IMG_7803.JPG  

Old 9 Jul 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3986960)   #3228
bauble
Veteran

England
What's is name again;
Attached Thumbnails
HSCC May 222.JPG   HSCC May 259.JPG   HSCC May 273.JPG  

HSCC May 287.JPG   IMG_4514 (1).JPG   IMG_9822.JPG  

Old 9 Jul 2020, 13:28 (Ref:3986961)   #3229
bauble
Veteran

England
I do hope I have not caught any fellow members of the Historic Forum in this batch.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2654.jpg   _MG_0385.jpg   HSCC May 288.JPG  

IMG_9327.JPG   IMG_7812.jpg   IMG_9677.JPG  

Old 9 Jul 2020, 17:43 (Ref:3987035)   #3230
bauble
Veteran

England
A few more from the past;
Attached Thumbnails
050.JPG   062.JPG   068.JPG  

HSCC May 216.JPG   IMG_3164.jpg   IMG_7794.jpg  

Old 9 Jul 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3987036)   #3231
bauble
Veteran

England
More mystery monopostos;
Attached Thumbnails
HSCC May 179.JPG   HSCC May 180.JPG   HSCC May 181.JPG  

HSCC May 182.JPG   HSCC May 183.JPG   HSCC May 184.JPG  

Old 9 Jul 2020, 19:41 (Ref:3987055)   #3232
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I do hope I have not caught any fellow members of the Historic Forum in this batch.
In picture 4, it may be my Elite but not with me driving - not my helmet.....
Old 9 Jul 2020, 20:38 (Ref:3987062)   #3233
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
In picture 4, it may be my Elite but not with me driving - not my helmet.....
Brian, I never thought it was
Old 10 Jul 2020, 08:19 (Ref:3987139)   #3234
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've met the wife then........
Old 10 Jul 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3987174)   #3235
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simon Hadfield & Aston Martins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston Martin DB3S Simon Hadfield  .JPG
Views:	3
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	62913Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston Martin DB4 GT Simon Hadfield  .JPG
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	62914Click image for larger version

Name:	R Simon Hadfield Aston Martin DBR4.jpg
Size:	668.1 KB
ID:	62915
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston Martin project 212 Simon Hadfield   (2).jpg
Size:	631.1 KB
ID:	62916Click image for larger version

Name:	Aston Martin project 214 Simon Hadfield.jpg
Size:	529.2 KB
ID:	62917
Old 10 Jul 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3987184)   #3236
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah ! my beloved Camaro (post 3230, number 55 for those who can't tell the difference between a Chev and a M*stang, present company excepted of course).
Ah ! the noise of a racing V8 on a Summer's day.

I miss it all...
Nick
Old 10 Jul 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3987205)   #3237
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
You've met the wife then........
Not very gallant, Brian. Shame on you, a gentleman would have taken the blame.

Nick; I thought you would like that one.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3987206)   #3238
bauble
Veteran

England
Better post something today;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4304.jpg   IMG_7801.JPG   IMG_7795.jpg  

IMG_2283 (2).JPG   IMG_2230.JPG   IMG_2665.JPG  

Last edited by bauble; 10 Jul 2020 at 12:37.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3987210)   #3239
bauble
Veteran

England
A Triumph of photography;
Attached Thumbnails
HSCC May 314.JPG   IMG_2217.JPG   IMG_4227.JPG  

IMG_4242.JPG   IMG_6842.JPG   IMG_9329.JPG  

Old 10 Jul 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3987217)   #3240
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not very gallant, Brian. Shame on you, a gentleman would have taken the blame.

Don't be fooled Baub, that's the oldest one in the racing driver's excuse book
Old 10 Jul 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3987234)   #3241
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A Triumph of photography;
Which I suppose you would suggest is the opposite of my camera based posts?
Old 10 Jul 2020, 15:00 (Ref:3987243)   #3242
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Which I suppose you would suggest is the opposite of my camera based posts?
A man should always be willing to see his own shortcomings, Viv. I applaud your completely justified modesty in the photographic stakes.

Look and wonder;
Attached Thumbnails
HSCC May 220.JPG   IMG_2190.JPG   IMG_4496.jpg  

IMG_9783.JPG   IMG_9380.JPG   IMG_9342.JPG  

Old 10 Jul 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3987256)   #3243
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A man should always be willing to see his own shortcomings, Viv. I applaud your completely justified modesty in the photographic stakes.

Look and wonder;
As always, astounding. As to my shortcomings, some are so short I can't see them at all without my glasses!
Old 10 Jul 2020, 19:27 (Ref:3987291)   #3244
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As always, astounding. As to my shortcomings, some are so short I can't see them at all without my glasses!
Viv, I do believe that you have many redeeming features, that more than make up for your lack of skill with the Box Brownie. After all, you did marry the Pie Lady.

Oh1 And your ability to insult is second to none, as I have often had cause to suffer it. All-in-all, I think we could even be good friends.
Old 11 Jul 2020, 06:42 (Ref:3987340)   #3245
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Viv, I do believe that you have many redeeming features, that more than make up for your lack of skill with the Box Brownie. After all, you did marry the Pie Lady.

Oh1 And your ability to insult is second to none, as I have often had cause to suffer it. All-in-all, I think we could even be good friends.
Blimey, I nearly took that as a compliment there Baub but luckily re-read your strapline at the bottom of your post!
Old 14 Jul 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3988155)   #3246
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modified Formula 5000s.

A couple of curiosities from the seventies with Brian Robinson's McLaren M19C and Dennis Leech's Chevron. Brian Robinson raced his McLaren for the last couple of seasons of Formula 5000 and on May 26th 1975 at Thruxton he appears to have substituted a Tyrrell nose for the standard McLaren issue. Dennis Leech appeared at Thruxton's Shellsport Group 8 race on September 11th 1977 with what seems to be a modified ex-RAM Racing Chevron B28 which is entered in the programme as a 'Leech/Chevron F5000 Westlake'. Both cars finished their races two laps down, Robinson in eighth and Leech in sixth.
Attached Thumbnails
F5000 26.5.75 Brian Robinson.jpg   Thruxton Gp 8 11.9.77 D Leech .jpg  

Last edited by GCCheddaris; 14 Jul 2020 at 10:00.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 09:57 (Ref:3988156)   #3247
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, I believe that was the race where Ian Ashley drove with a broken leg? The Leech car ran a 3.4l GAA, hence Weslake.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3988158)   #3248
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ian Ashley drove with a broken leg he did amazingly well as he led from start to finish ! You may well be right though Peter, I can't remember. The main incident I recall from that meeting was some ****ed-up w****r shouting at me for knocking his pint over when I was stood nowhere near it !
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3988159)   #3249
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Those people always looking for someone else to be responsible for their actions
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3988160)   #3250
Tim Barry
Racer

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, I believe that was the race where Ian Ashley drove with a broken leg? The Leech car ran a 3.4l GAA, hence Weslake.
Peter, the Leech car was a full 5-litre Chevrolet but with special Weslake cylinder heads.