Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3873937)   #151
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed, great job, Bob.

Mike, I remember them well. Nothing lasts forever!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3873940)   #152
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Seeing that great shot of Gordon got me searching and although not good enough for calendar, since I found them, I'll share the them. The first taken at Snet in 2006, and the next two at the same place a year later:-
I remember the one's of me getting out of the car, I had a sudden oil leak from the oil pump coming down the back straight and spun on my own oil going under the bridge that had soaked the R/H rear tyre. I was a bit gutted as I was in the lead and I think it was the last lap !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3873943)   #153
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Also at Snetterton, 2008. I'm getting an urge to start a thread for old racing photos!:-
Love the first picture of Mike's Gilbern, but mainly because I was in the TR3A behind (but not for long ).

As far as I can work out, this was at a MG Car Club meeting over the weekend of 6th/7th October 2007. Neither Mike or I finished the first race on Saturday (nor did my wife who was racing the Elite at that time) but I did manage third overall on the Sunday.

That car was a bundle of fun to drive, a bit of a handful but I always finished a race with a smile on my face.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3873944)   #154
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for inculding me Bauble, never has anyone so slow been in front of so many who are so much quicker (2nd place........if only in the calendar!)
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3873945)   #155
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Bob,but can we have a couple more single seaters. I will get Morgan to upload one of his photos.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3873947)   #156
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.dropbox.com/s/epk7a649il...9-A4.docx?dl=0

Final version now available to download from Dropbox.

Flushed with success, and universal praise (where is Mike Harte when you need him?) I am considering a Classic Car version. any suggestions as to content?
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3873949)   #157
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Flushed with success, and universal praise (where is Mike Harte when you need him?) I am considering a Classic Car version. any suggestions as to content?
Any Lotus or Alfa will be just fine. And a '64 Mustang please.

Anyone remember 'Motor Racing' magazine, a monthly from (I think) the late sixties. Always had a centre-fold calendar for the month featuring a scantily-clad female, & there may have been a racing car somewhere in the background...
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3873953)   #158
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Excellent work BAUB, well done & thank you.
Now if it's classic cars you want, how about this one:
Click image for larger version

Name:	VivaGT.png
Views:	7
Size:	739.8 KB
ID:	52380
A Proper classic!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3873958)   #159
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pchcggwmu...E0UqOOqia?dl=0

I found printing the calendar difficult so have tried a slightly different download.

let me know if anyone has a problem with page breaks. Ta!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3873965)   #160
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>As far as I can work out, this was at a MG Car Club meeting over the weekend of 6th/7th October 2007. Neither Mike or I finished the first race on Saturday (nor did my wife who was racing the Elite at that time) but I did manage third overall on the Sunday.

That was (virtually) my last race in an MG Midget. The relay race. Had an absolute hoot.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3873966)   #161
bauble
Veteran

England
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn3tbex1sx...ndar.docx?dl=0

Some Classic Cars.

OK Iain I will dig out some monopostos for you.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3873968)   #162
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Some Classic Cars.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait until December....

Are you going to do a Special Edition calendar that starts on 29 March, to celebrate Independence Day??
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3873969)   #163
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Bob you need to let us know how we are going to pay.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3873970)   #164
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:

Some Classic Cars.

Next year then.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3873971)   #165
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Bob you need to let us know how we are going to pay.
Shhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3873975)   #166
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup St. Martin's Lane it was. Very sad to hear of its demise. They ran a Mustang GT for Stirling Moss at the 1989(?) Coys Festival IIRC.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3873982)   #167
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm up to August so need another five pictures.

delta, VivaGT, Andy97, MGDavid, Mike Bell, Tim Falce, An Aston, Tim, yours is from the site, so something better would be good..

I will put it on the web when it is complete for downloading. It looks pretty cool so far.
Only just seen this, what picture have you got of me?
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3873987)   #168
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yup St. Martin's Lane it was. Very sad to hear of its demise. They ran a Mustang GT for Stirling Moss at the 1989(?) Coys Festival IIRC.
You and John E are both right, of course. I used to get the tube to Covent Garden and then walk from there.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3873988)   #169
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Bob, the calendar is looking very good, but not right to have 2 months of me.

There are other tenthers racing- for instance Cliff Ryan, Will Nuthall and Sam Binfield, to name three off the top of my head.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3873989)   #170
bauble
Veteran

England
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0g45fhi0yf...ndar.docx?dl=0

Iain a few single seaters for you.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3873991)   #171
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Only just seen this, what picture have you got of me?
Tim I took the picture of the 'Jag' from your profile, but it did not blow up very well so I discarded it, however, as Mike has pointed out there are a number of chums missing, so I see a another version looming. Do send a picture that you would not mind being published on the web. Remember he sort of people who frequent this forum.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3873993)   #172
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Bob, the calendar is looking very good, but not right to have 2 months of me.

There are other tenthers racing- for instance Cliff Ryan, Will Nuthall and Sam Binfield, to name three off the top of my head.
Mike I can only use pictures supplied or that I can identify from my archives, so it is down to the individual if they want to figure in the next edition.

I probably have a lot of tenthers but no way to work out who is who. Details of meetings and cars would help.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3873995)   #173
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Excellent work BAUB, well done & thank you.
Now if it's classic cars you want, how about this one:
Attachment 52380
A Proper classic!
Don't push your luck, Viv.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3873998)   #174
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baub, my avatar is a nice shot - if not quite in focus - and as an added bonus you get Mrs M too! Centrefold? One of the NZ circuits, I'll have to check which one.

Or one of Charlie Woodings' from Brands last year, a bit of a contrast with the weather, but brollies were out in force on both occasions!
Attached Thumbnails
180922_4402 2.jpg  
Old 4 Jan 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3874000)   #175
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Tim I took the picture of the 'Jag' from your profile, but it did not blow up very well so I discarded it, however, as Mike has pointed out there are a number of chums missing, so I see a another version looming. Do send a picture that you would not mind being published on the web. Remember he sort of people who frequent this forum.

Cheers,

Bob
There's these but one's not very big so don't know how well it'll enlarge
Attached Thumbnails
314529_2295791546790_1503310237_n.jpg   2014-05-03 13.12.02.jpg  

Last edited by Tim Falce; 4 Jan 2019 at 17:36. Reason: adding a photo
Closed Thread