Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3949209)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
A HUGE ‘THANK YOU’

IMHO One of the things that sets HRT apart from other forums is the quantity of excellent photos that get posted or linked to.

I’d like to say thank you to all tenthers that take photos at race meetings, and then spend hours sorting them. I’m not going to mention names as I might miss someone!

Thank you all- You really make the forum come alive.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3949211)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
IMHO One of the things that sets HRT apart from other forums is the quantity of excellent photos that get posted or linked to.

I’d like to say thank you to all tenthers that take photos at race meetings, and then spend hours sorting them. I’m not going to mention names as I might miss someone!

Thank you all- You really make the forum come alive.
Your welcome Mike .🤣
Old 31 Dec 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3949214)   #3
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I second that
Old 31 Dec 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3949242)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
+1.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3949258)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good thread. I concur.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3949263)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Good thread. I concur.
Well, some are more modest than others , but equally deserving of recognition in my book.....
Old 31 Dec 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3949266)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
seems to be just as many lurkers and an ever decreasing quantity of posters in recent years, a bit like some of the race series. I've just written and deleted a post myself as I sound like a scratched record! still, I must drop in regularly to keep an eye on you all. HNY . . .
Old 31 Dec 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3949277)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Why not a huge THANK YOU to Mike Bell for taking care? And sharing a huge knowledge about Facel Vegas!
Old 31 Dec 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3949280)   #9
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Why not a huge THANK YOU to Mike Bell for taking care? And sharing a huge knowledge about Facel Vegas!

Ah, Facel Vega's.... over Christmas I established that the one in the family here has a Volvo engine but I still haven't seen it.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3949282)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
As the year winds down, I'll just say thanks to all who post here - it keeps this site as one of the few that I visit most days, and of course to the mods/admins who keep it running smoothly
Old 1 Jan 2020, 00:22 (Ref:3949308)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
As the year winds down, I'll just say thanks to all who post here - it keeps this site as one of the few that I visit most days, and of course to the mods/admins who keep it running smoothly
Ditto again. Thank you all.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 07:30 (Ref:3949336)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well done chaps!
Old 1 Jan 2020, 07:57 (Ref:3949339)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
It's not hard work for them moderating here, we're all so good, are never controversial and of course never, ever stray off topic and have to be brought back

I jest of course. Thanks for the hard work herding us cats.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3949341)   #14
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6366 posts in the 2019 "tea break" thread. A few years back it fell over at 2,500 or so. A huge thank you to MagnetOn for keeping our favourite forum up to date.

Old 1 Jan 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3949342)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Max. Suitably off topic methinks.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3949350)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Talking of off topic, this thread was supposed to be a thank you to all the snappers that share their photos with us!
Old 1 Jan 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3949354)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

If call it thread expansion rather than off topic LOL

Old 1 Jan 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3949357)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Talking of off topic, this thread was supposed to be a thank you to all the snappers that share their photos with us!
May be someone didn't want to be "banned" again… Happy birthday to all photographers posting here, n'est-ce pas? *
Old 1 Jan 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3949378)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, any excuse! Ah, memories. A quick trawl. All taken at Snet except Colin's Jag at Cad:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0681SSJT.jpg   IMG_0965SSJT.jpg   IMG_1005SSJT.jpg  

IMG_3590SSJT.jpg   IMG_3626SSJT.jpg   IMG_7213SSJT.jpg  

"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 Jan 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3949382)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well, any excuse! Ah, memories. A quick trawl. All taken at Snet except Colin's Jag at Cad:-
Just for anyone not familiar, in order we have Peter M in his Gp1 Capri, YT in Lairy Canary, Zef in his Cortina (closely examining the V8 Warwick GT), YT again in Gilbert Gilbern, Brian A in his oh-so-sweet Elite, and Colin McKay in his S Type.......

As you say, John, with photos we will always have memories.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3949388)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Must be Oct 2011 that photo. was unseasonably warm and sunny, racing into the sunset. . . There's been a few changes at Zefarelly towers in recent months so am planning on getting the thing out and using it this year. . . .chasing down the Alfa of Tony Murray.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3949389)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
oops, forgot attachment.

Ians Warwick, Celias other half . . .haven't seen them for a while either.
Attached Thumbnails
snett sunset small.jpg  
Old 1 Jan 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3949406)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
oops, forgot attachment.

Ians Warwick, Celias other half . . .haven't seen them for a while either.
No and they posted once in a while.Think HRTR5 keeps in touch.