Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Nov 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3861858)   #61
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm hoping the Spa 3hrs will be at the end of June, since I'll be at Le Mans the middle weekend.
It is indeed the last weekend- Vincent has put the date on the Summer Classic website- http://spasummerclassic.com

Old 9 Nov 2018, 05:33 (Ref:3861915)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes that must have gone up yesterday. I looked the day before but it wasn't there.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 05:35 (Ref:3861916)   #63
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes that must have gone up yesterday. I looked the day before but it wasn't there.
You must have blinked, Peter....
Old 9 Nov 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3862001)   #64
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Castle Combe Autumn Classic will be on Saturday October 5th in 2019.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3862015)   #65
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Castle Combe Autumn Classic will be on Saturday October 5th in 2019.
That used to be cracking weekend before they split their own finals day away from the autumn classic. It made the weekend trip to CC worthwhile but I'm afraid it's lost some of it's appeal now with the 2 events separated.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3862024)   #66
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
That used to be cracking weekend before they split their own finals day away from the autumn classic. It made the weekend trip to CC worthwhile but I'm afraid it's lost some of it's appeal now with the 2 events separated.
I can see your point. Although there are those who are Ďlocalí to Combe, it is a long haul for others- whether racing or spectating! I guess GTSCC will be supporting the Classic again next year, but itís not my favourite...
Old 9 Nov 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3862032)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I loved the weekend . Hope we can go again next year . Also hope itís not raining . 😀
Old 9 Nov 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3862033)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mike . Laurani dates on FJ web site .
Old 9 Nov 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3862041)   #69
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
‘Thruxton Celebration’ is set for June 1st-2nd and will feature Motor Racing Legends grids and Formula Juniors, at least. Expect others will follow....

http://www.barc.net/news/2060/thruxton-revs-up-for-2019

Iain, thanks. I’ve had the email from Sarah. I’ll split into Lurani and other European events-

LURANI-

April 26-28 Hockenheim

June 07-09 Dijon (Peter Auto l’Age d’Or)

June 28-30 Most

August 09-11 Nurburgring (Oldtimer)

September 06-08 Zandvoort

October 11-13 Estoril

NON CHAMPIONSHIP-

May 25-26 Pau Historique

June 14-16 Karlskoga

August 04-05 Copenhagen

November 01-03 Portimao

Observations-
Most clashes with Spa Summer Classic.
If the date is correct, Portimao is a week later than had been suggested when there last month.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3862058)   #70
Willmaz223
Rookie

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Croft Calendar announced,the Nostalgia meet is the same early August date,just waiting for the bigger events to be announced eg International and Superprix.Just a side note today at college had to do a Racing Company task,did mine on Historic Racing (of course) and it was rather interesting.Hoping to work experiemce at Crosthwaite and Gardner.My tutor recommended it.Sorry for the long article😁.Edit -Not long compared to some of the marathons I see on here.
Old 9 Nov 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3862060)   #71
Willmaz223
Rookie

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgot to mention I gather that there is a F2 race at the Silverstone Classic next year which could involve F5000 hasnt featured for 3 or 4 years.Looking forward to next year quite a lot as you can probably tell by the influx of posts by myself after recovering from recent karting adventures
Old 9 Nov 2018, 23:15 (Ref:3862073)   #72
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ha ha Will very pleased you are looking forward to next year . Iíve got a head ache all ready . Off topic and sorry but I pulled my Toyota engine apart today just for winter check over and Iíve got a cracked liner . Grrrrrrr
Old 10 Nov 2018, 06:33 (Ref:3862101)   #73
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
According to the FJHRA there are no Formula Junior races at the Silverstone Classic in 2019, so that leaves a gap for other open wheelers. F5000s would be good, and HSCC also have a strong F2 grid....
Old 10 Nov 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3862105)   #74
Mike Crow
Rookie

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
ĎThruxton Celebrationí is set for June 1st-2nd and will feature Motor Racing Legends grids and Formula Juniors, at least. Expect others will follow....

http://www.barc.net/news/2060/thruxton-revs-up-for-2019

Iain, thanks. Iíve had the email from Sarah. Iíll split into Lurani and other European events-

LURANI-

April 26-28 Hockenheim

June 07-09 Dijon (Peter Auto líAge díOr)

June 28-30 Most

August 09-11 Nurburgring (Oldtimer)

September 06-08 Zandvoort

October 11-13 Estoril

NON CHAMPIONSHIP-

May 25-26 Pau Historique

June 14-16 Karlskoga

August 04-05 Copenhagen

November 01-03 Portimao

Observations-
Most clashes with Spa Summer Classic.
If the date is correct, Portimao is a week later than had been suggested when there last month.
So that's Masters at Brands, Thruxton Celebration and Masters at Donington on three consecutive weekends. Killing, goose, golden are words that come to mind.
Old 10 Nov 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3862113)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Classic F3 will have a grid at the Classic.