Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Nov 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3336567)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Last edited by JHamilton; 25 Nov 2013 at 16:20.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3336939)   #27
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gen 2 and 3 for me.

Gen 2 were the best looking (i mean just look at that '73 Charger!) and Gen 3 were the fastest until Nascar (quite rightly i think) shat themselves and slowed em down.

Must have been great being at the track in the Gen 2 era. You could tell what car was what even without a number on the side. Only now are we almost geting back to that with the Gen 6.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3337064)   #28
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizz View Post
Gen 2 and 3 for me.

Gen 2 were the best looking (i mean just look at that '73 Charger!) and Gen 3 were the fastest until Nascar (quite rightly i think) shat themselves and slowed em down.

Must have been great being at the track in the Gen 2 era. You could tell what car was what even without a number on the side. Only now are we almost geting back to that with the Gen 6.
CORRECT! It was GREAT being at the track during the Gen 2 (and Gen 1) era! Wish those days had not gone away! Glad we're getting somewhat back to them, appearence wise, anyway!
Old 3 Dec 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3339833)   #29
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Upon pondering on this, I think there are really only two types of stock cars, and this bled on down to othr sanctions also.
Pre-Taurus and post Taurus.

I do have to admire GM, to a degree, for creating the fwd Monte Carlo for the NASCAR tracks, even if it was a miserable failure.
By then Big Bill was dead that the remaining France boys were clueless little rich twits.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3339921)   #30
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe View Post
Upon pondering on this, I think there are really only two types of stock cars, and this bled on down to othr sanctions also.
Pre-Taurus and post Taurus.

I do have to admire GM, to a degree, for creating the fwd Monte Carlo for the NASCAR tracks, even if it was a miserable failure.
By then Big Bill was dead that the remaining France boys were clueless little rich twits.
I will have to disagree, slightly, on Bill France Jr. I don't believe Bill Jr was clueless. He worked closely with his dad and learned and knew the business. As for Brian and any after Bill Jr. FULLY agree -- absolutely CLUELESS!
Old 4 Dec 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3340000)   #31
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Huh? I musta been sleepin. FWD in NASCRAP?

jimclark
Old 4 Dec 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3340204)   #32
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Huh? I musta been sleepin. FWD in NASCRAP?
The street car was a fwd crapwagon but its body shell was, poorly, designed for NASCAR.

In addendum, while the Taurus was straw that made stock cars a total farce, the rule that allowed them to run a non-stock wheelbase is actually just as bad.
Old 5 Dec 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3340324)   #33
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The street car was a fwd crapwagon but its body shell was, poorly, designed for NASCAR.

In addendum, while the Taurus was straw that made stock cars a total farce, the rule that allowed them to run a non-stock wheelbase is actually just as bad.
Understood alla that. 'Just thought I missed sumpin' re: a fwd car for the track... I didn't think I missed such a thing.

jimclark
Old 11 Dec 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3342891)   #34
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
There are a lot under late models too. Then there are the modifieds...