Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2004, 04:50 (Ref:930510)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
"Average" grid differences after Bahrain (drivers/teams)

Differences from pole after Bahrain. I have dropped the best and worst case, so it is the median case.

[freaks](I have done a correction in order to eliminate the lenght-of-lap factor (it would distort calculations in long/small circuits), making all circuits equivalent to 1:20.00 pole time)[/freaks]

Code:
M.Schumacher Ferr 0.000
Barrichello  Ferr 0.347
Montoya      Will 0.559
Button       BAR  0.636
R.Schumacher Will 0.998
Trulli       Rena 1.151
Webber       Jagu 1.324
Sato         BAR  1.368
Coulthard    McLa 1.402
da Mata      Toyo 1.584
Fisichella   Saub 1.708
Raikkonen    McLa 1.790
Klien        Juga 1.946
Massa        Saub 2.127
Panis        Toyo 2.186
Heidfeld     Jord 3.004
Alonso       Rena 3.542
Bruni        Mina 4.730
Baumgartner  Mina 5.327
Pantano      Jord 5.433

Ferrari  0.174
Williams 0.779
BAR      1.002
McLaren  1.596
Jaguar   1.635
Toyota   1.885
Sauber   1.918
Renault  2.347
Jordan   4.219
Minardi  5.029
  • Ferrari has practically one second per lap advantage over the best of the rest =:-O
  • At least, Macs, when working, still are fourth, not so abismally bad as it looks
  • Jordan and Minardi are so detached of the rest that it is embarrasing
It is too soon to get reliable conclusion, but some things begin to be evident...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 07:53 (Ref:930636)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the upteenth aspect of a well known topic: Ferrari domination.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 03:38 (Ref:931775)   #3
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the Macs actually sit about fifth on pace really. Alonso has had 2 bad quallies and his number is way way way down on Trulli, who sits about 1.1 Vs Macs 1.5

The Renault's aren't in a very 'true' position, even in such a rough comparison. Just something to keep in mind.

Lookie lookie though, Ferrari-Willi-BAR
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 04:09 (Ref:931789)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I agreed, golem, with your comentary. I suppose Alonso will go up as a rocket as races pass by.

BAR is surprising! With six qualify sessions in total, this is not fluke, although exactly what pace they will be able to get is something to be seen.

I'm very sad seeing Jordan so low and I would wish Heidfeld had a better car. He *never* had a good car to perform in his career. He was awesome in F3000, practically equal to Montoya.

I add below team mates differences:
Code:
MS - RB  0.3
JPM - RS 0.4
JB - TS  0.7
DC - KR  0.3
MW - Kle 0.6
CM - OP  0.6
GF - FM  0.4
JT - FA  2.4
NH - GP  2.4
Bru -Bau 0.6
I think all of us would predict Kimi overtaking DC soon, FA closing on JT and I don't know what to expect of CM-OP "battle".

I'm intersted in the evolution of Sato and Klein respect their high profile team mates. If they end the season with 0.2 or 0.3 behind them, it would be a great achievement.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 11:14 (Ref:932106)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
That GF vs FM stat will be quite interesting to a few 10-10ths members. You know who you are, and so do I
Old 6 Apr 2004, 12:20 (Ref:932182)   #6
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Certainly if Felipe Massa equals GF or even surpass him in qualifies, it will be a nice bonus for his future in F1. And, in an opposite way, it could be the beginning of the end for GF perceived as a quick, undervalued driver.

Team mates comparisons are always "bloody" in terms of perceived skills, at least for media/fans, and in the long term for teams.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 12:43 (Ref:932211)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Schummy, the 10-10ths members I refer to claim Fisi is done, because he was outqualified in the first two races by Massa. It is not always wise to base an opinion on two races.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:32 (Ref:934375)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Schummy, the 10-10ths members I refer to claim Fisi is done, because he was outqualified in the first two races by Massa. It is not always wise to base an opinion on two races.
Hmm, given the following statement, and the fact we have only raced 3 times, I dont think iot helps your case mate
Quote:
Originally posted by Schummy
Differences from pole after Bahrain. I have dropped the best and worst case, so it is the median case.
Old 8 Apr 2004, 16:44 (Ref:934560)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
But Fisi is ahead of Massa, Wrexy !
Old 8 Apr 2004, 20:14 (Ref:934726)   #10
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

If median favours one driver it means that driver has "won" at least two out of three races. So it guarantees GF is ahead of FM in this time. It's too early, though, to predict how it will end.