Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 May 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2463566)   #1251
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Here's some footage I shot at Spa last weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlauKIrz6r8
Great sounds, but I think that vid might have given me a seizure...
Old 16 May 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2463702)   #1252
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Great stuff, thankyou. You are right, the Aston Martins sound magnificent. Loved it about the 7m13s mark when the Pug is just (barely audible) accelerating out of the corner, and the Aston is screaming out of it behind him. And I never get sick of hearing those Corvettes.
Old 17 May 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2463947)   #1253
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I'm in France when Le Mans is on thought I'd go watch as I havn't been for 6 years. Can anybody tell me how and when qualifying is done?

I mean, are the times taken on aggregate of all the drivers of one car, or do the teams nominate a 'Qually Driver' to go out and set a time?

Is it done on the Friday?
Old 17 May 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2463976)   #1254
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw View Post
Hey im on the video, im the guy on the slope taking pictures
Nice coincidence. I thought I'd sort of half recconised you,you're one of the DfH squad,aren't you?
Old 17 May 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2463979)   #1255
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
As I'm in France when Le Mans is on thought I'd go watch as I havn't been for 6 years. Can anybody tell me how and when qualifying is done?

I mean, are the times taken on aggregate of all the drivers of one car, or do the teams nominate a 'Qually Driver' to go out and set a time?

Is it done on the Friday?
Friday is the off day as usuall,no driving then. That'll also be the day for the pitwalk and driversparade through the centre of Le Mans city.
Thursday will be qualy day and Wednesday will be a practice day,as I've heard...
Old 17 May 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2463986)   #1256
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice coincidence. I thought I'd sort of half recconised you,you're one of the DfH squad,aren't you?
Nope, but as many of us in Holland we love a drink haha. Youre from Holland as well i see......
Old 17 May 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2463989)   #1257
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I reckon GTfour owes you a heap of beer mate ..... copywrite laws and stuff like that !!!
I'd be happy to pay him his beerdept at Le Mans. So Erw,when you find us in Houx annexe(high flagpole with the dutch tricolor and a stars'nd bars flag,big twopoint gazebo,a red GTfour a.o.)you're most welcome to discuss the hight of this dept.

By the way Badge,you're most welcome too! Were'll you be staying anyway?
Old 17 May 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2463990)   #1258
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw View Post
Nope, but as many of us in Holland we love a drink haha. Youre from Holland as well i see......
Hang on,you're the one clothed in black at the slope of Kemmel straight?

And yep,dutchman too. Not too far from you b.t.w.,Utrecht
Old 17 May 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2464002)   #1259
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'd be happy to pay him his beerdept at Le Mans. So Erw,when you find us in Houx annexe(high flagpole with the dutch tricolor and a stars'nd bars flag,big twopoint gazebo,a red GTfour a.o.)you're most welcome to discuss the hight of this dept.

By the way Badge,you're most welcome too! Were'll you be staying anyway?
Ill be in houx again ..... and thank you , ya never know .
Old 17 May 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2464031)   #1260
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Maybe I´m a pervert or something but am I the only one that loves the sound of the 908?

Sure, it's not loud or anything but that whistling-swoooosh noise is really something else
Old 17 May 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2464035)   #1261
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Maybe I´m a pervert or something but am I the only one that loves the sound of the 908
You said it mate
Old 17 May 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2464063)   #1262
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Indeed great sounds, but a few tips.

Don't try to follow the cars with the camara, shoot one angle at a time, they'll be back around the next lap. Also shoot no longer than 10 seconds before pausing and choosing a different shot.
Old 17 May 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2464064)   #1263
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Were you one of the guys we met at the padock bar (where else would we be with such a name :P)??

I think there were 2 of you, with camera's.
Old 17 May 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2464067)   #1264
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Maybe I´m a pervert or something but am I the only one that loves the sound of the 908?

Sure, it's not loud or anything but that whistling-swoooosh noise is really something else
Nope as i wrote earlier!, me too!
Old 17 May 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2464080)   #1265
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

Don't try to follow the cars with the camara, shoot one angle at a time, they'll be back around the next lap. Also shoot no longer than 10 seconds before pausing and choosing a different shot.
I disagree, sometimes following the cars look awesome, some of them look better from the back.

Also, when you pause between cars, you don't get the raw feel of being there - hearing the cars in the distance sends a chill down your spine.
Old 17 May 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2464088)   #1266
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are some pitstop footages of the AMR Spa LMS 09 from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1fxmZ0VuU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op9zEfbHu8E
Old 18 May 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2464572)   #1267
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any word on what the Aston Lola is actually going to be called?
Old 18 May 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2464582)   #1268
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I disagree, sometimes following the cars look awesome, some of them look better from the back.

Also, when you pause between cars, you don't get the raw feel of being there - hearing the cars in the distance sends a chill down your spine.
This is what I mean.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...verstone&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+video+5&hl=en
Old 18 May 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2464588)   #1269
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

Thanks. All tips will be used.

The one improvement I'm going for though,is to buy myself a single leg pod to keep my shots steady.
Also,as Ginger4justice so rightly points out,to capture the atmosphere of the race,I mostly go for shots in which I can see all the participating cars come by and then change position.
And I must admit that I find images shot from only one steady angle far less interesting...
I'll have to practice my steady hand for fast moving objects a bit better though. (next time would help to not drink a tanker the night before shooting)
Old 18 May 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2464590)   #1270
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someway i think that following the cars with the camera is better!, the other, is a bit more boring! (No offense)
Old 18 May 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2464651)   #1271
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Old 18 May 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2464764)   #1272
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, that was put straight 3½ months ago. It is a Lola Aston Martin. Here

L.P.
Old 18 May 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2464845)   #1273
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yes, that was put straight 3½ months ago. It is a Lola Aston Martin. Here

L.P.
Yes, I remember that, but I was wondering if Aston were going to give it a type number despite that. Like DBR80/60
Old 18 May 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2464856)   #1274
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I remember that, but I was wondering if Aston were going to give it a type number despite that. Like DBR80/60
Yes its DBR1 as shown in that picture...
Old 19 May 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2465010)   #1275
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Aston Martin has made the roof air intake a bit more compliant with the ACO rules: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmay09.html