Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Sep 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3849583)   #51
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
No mike . Just short of Gent and some road works . Around 10 min delay so not too bad . Just stopped for taco break and Dave Coyne in services trying to get his head round a foreign sandwich . The adventure has begun . 😀
Old 12 Sep 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3849620)   #52
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just arrived . Not to bad journey on E 40 route . Sun is out and I’m looking forward to catching up with me old Mate . 😀
Old 12 Sep 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3849621)   #53
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just arrived . Not to bad journey on E 40 route . Sun is out and I’m looking forward to catching up with me old Mate . 😀
Best of luck with the weekend Iain (and anyone else at Spa) I'll have a pint (or two) down on the beach as it's 33c today
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Sep 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3849622)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
No mike . Just short of Gent and some road works . Around 10 min delay so not too bad . Just stopped for taco break and Dave Coyne in services trying to get his head round a foreign sandwich . The adventure has begun . 😀
Tacho break? I got here in one hit! OK, from Dunkirk.....

The roadworks that slowed us were at Aalter, just west of Gent. 3 lanes into two and lot of HGVs doesnt work....

The near Luik traffic jam was going the other way. Think an accident in the roadworks Peter mentioned!

The RO was a piece of ****, and the rain that followed me all the way from home stopped at Brussels.
Old 12 Sep 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3849653)   #55
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Ah - "tacho"....it being Iain I'd assumed he'd gone for a rather more exotic version of a kwassant.....
Old 12 Sep 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3849675)   #56
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Final entry list is slightly different
Old 12 Sep 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3849682)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
What a day . Up at 2.30 am arrived at Dover 6 am Ferry 7.30. Arrived at Spa 2.30. Straight in awning up cars unloaded .Showered and chatted to loads of people great to see Bruce and his Sports 2000 Lola . Now biked up to Stavelote and having beer and Pizza .,Mike is in the room . 😀. Thank you Gordon but I recon you would rather be here with us . I always remember the Anglia going up Eue Rouge . And you under the car with gearbox issues . Happy Days .
Old 13 Sep 2018, 04:46 (Ref:3849771)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seems we’re having a game of top trumps there, buddy. Up at 0120 and at Dover 0455! 0600 ferry...

The rain we left behind has now arrived at Spa, but only forecast to be light and fading away this afternoon thankfully. Does put us in a quandary for testing though. Two cars both needing dry running to be meaningful! Signing on starts 0800, scrutineering 0900, so plenty to be getting in with. Could have done with a bit more kip....
Old 13 Sep 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3849782)   #59
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont forget to have all your racing gear checked before car scrutineering, its mandatory and takes place in a dry room…
Have fun!
Old 13 Sep 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3849787)   #60
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
A few more GT40's rolled off the production line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Final entry list is slightly different
Old 13 Sep 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3849799)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Dont forget to have all your racing gear checked before car scrutineering, its mandatory and takes place in a dry room…
Have fun!
All done, we were in the queue at 0800!

As had been said before, you wonder sometimes if life can get any better than driving Spa first thing in the morning (with very few other cars to get in the way)!

Despite a bit of light rain during the night, the track was dry, and hopefully will remain so for the rest of the weekend!
Old 13 Sep 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3849828)   #62
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
As had been said before, you wonder sometimes if life can get any better than driving Spa first thing in the morning (with very few other cars to get in the way)!
Agreed! Announced to be new for this year, the check of all the racing gear in a dry room, made by friendly people with clean hands should be a must. I dont really appreciate a scrutineer to look into my helmet after having checked the battery or oil cartridge… The last time I got such a polite welcome was in Silverstone (2008 or 2009). Even the BSI label wasn't a problem.
If I may ask, in which series did you enter, Mike?
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:10 (Ref:3849848)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We’re in the 6hrs in Morgan +4 #71 and Gentleman Drivers in Morgan SLR #61. Both bright red and shiny ....
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3849855)   #64
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Should be rather cold and dry all weekend. Enjoy it ! I'm jealous…
Old 13 Sep 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3849878)   #65
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I was wondering with JD going into administration if it'll affect the grids this weekend
Old 13 Sep 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3849880)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't appear to affect Goodwood. Also not sure they supported Masters. Certainly they had cars in the Motor Racing Legends series'.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3849895)   #67
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Didn't appear to affect Goodwood. Also not sure they supported Masters. Certainly they had cars in the Motor Racing Legends series'.
AFAIK They’re still running cars for customers, but not their own. They have a truck here.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3849905)   #68
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you can you let me know in advance if you wish me to follow your race, it makes things easier: e-mail pw.baker@btinternet.com or pwb@retro-speed.co.uk Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_9741.JPG  
Old 13 Sep 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3849936)   #69
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A few more GT40's rolled off the production line?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 14 Sep 2018, 05:22 (Ref:3850004)   #70
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I haven’t seen an updated entry list- will have to look at qualifying results after that’s over....

One thing different this year is that there is no optional night practice after qualifying- qualifying is in the dark. Guess to make way for another grid- certainly no ‘parades’ today- wall to wall qualifying and a couple of races!
Old 14 Sep 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3850019)   #71
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Mike

You are the brains!!

Where is live timing hidden?
Old 14 Sep 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3850029)   #72
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live timing site:

https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/roadbook
Old 14 Sep 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3850054)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thank you Malcolm!

Not sure about brains, but I've found the latest 6hrs and other entry lists filed under Visitor guide, not driver documents..... http://www.spasixhours.com/index.php...gages/?lang=en
Old 14 Sep 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3850089)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite a lot of red and yellow flags. Hopefully no serious damage or injuries.

Noticeable that the Minis, unlike at Goodwood, don't appear to be as quick as Lotus Cortinas at this event.
Old 14 Sep 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3850104)   #75
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Noticeable that the Minis, unlike at Goodwood, don't appear to be as quick as Lotus Cortinas at this event.
Nice to see 2 Alfas topping the u2tc qualifying ; haven't seen that for a while !

Banks bros always quick, but the second car driven by young Oli Hart, shows what a great tallent this lad is. He drove the car for the 1st time , l think, at GW & won his part of the St Mary's race, after a distinctly average drive by Tom Coronel in the 'pro' part, in the same car.

He's also handy in the family cobra & entered in a GT40 for the main race: could be the youngest winner of the 6hrs this year ??