Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2002, 17:57 (Ref:328812)   #126
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right about that: why sign a contract with Cosworth if you can't pay them?
Old 7 Jul 2002, 23:23 (Ref:329060)   #127
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
because TW probably hoped that if he could get a decent enough engine and run in a respectable part of the field his financial future would be secure, obviously that didn't work out.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 01:39 (Ref:329085)   #128
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accomplice

The technical regs didn't tell him to spend money he didn't have. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
This is easier said than done. Arrows had a good chassis, top driver, and by spending money, they got a works engine. As Frentzen showed at Silverstone, they were not far from the podium. As you can see from my other thread on the lower teams, Arrows is in good company financially - Jordan and Minardi are in the same boat, and who can blame these guys for doing anything desperate to keep their F1 teams from going backwards in relation to the other teams?
Yes!! it would have been easier to abandone F1 and keep the money in your pocket - but how many of us have the opportunity to race an F1 team? What would you do?
I'd put Jodi Rich in my management team, James Packer and Lauchlin Murdock to put up the cash, and Anderson to cook the books. Oh!! One Tel did that already?? :confused: Damn!!

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 8 Jul 2002, 10:33 (Ref:329238)   #129
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to F1 mag, Pollock is very close to buying Arrow's, with a deal expected after the British GP.

TW is believed to be ready to accept a knockdown price in exchange for a buyer taking over all the team's liabilities, part of the deal involves TW being re-imbursed for his personal payments made to keep the team on the track.

Whoever buy's the team, I don't think there will be a role for TW. If Pollock get's it, he will want to run the ship.

I would guess that Red Bull are still the overall favourites, but I guess it depends what each deal offer's shareholders and creditors that will make the difference.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 12:59 (Ref:329369)   #130
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why would anyone think that Pollok and the Red Bull deals are different deals??
Old 8 Jul 2002, 13:07 (Ref:329377)   #131
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point, but TW 'appears' to be negotiating with both Red Bull and Pollock.

Pollock is supposedly backed by American venture capitalists, but there is an American connection with Red Bull as don't they want to brand the team Red Bull USA to fit in with their IRL plans?
Old 9 Jul 2002, 10:21 (Ref:330062)   #132
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
At the moment here in Australia Walkinshaws Holden Special Vehicles (Of which he owns 75%)is sell around 4000 units per year and making huge profits. Why not use some of the money that he has from this or any of his other companys
I'd guess the owners of the other 25% of HSV (presumably Holden themselves..?) wouldn't be too happy with that idea- TW creaming off the profits from his non-F1 business interests to prop up Arrows doesn't seem like a great business plan.....
Old 9 Jul 2002, 10:28 (Ref:330067)   #133
The Accomplice
Rookie

The Accomplice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he owns 75% of the company he has the right to do what he wants with 75% of the profit. He's still an A-hole though.