Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Jul 2002, 15:59 (Ref:328746)   #1
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eric Clapton @Ferrari Festival

HELP! Just found out that Eric Clapton & Jools Holland are to play a concert at this years Ferrari Festival at Brands. The only problem is that you can only buy a combined race entry and concert ticket, well as season ticket holders why should we have to pay to get into the meeting twice(once on season ticket and once on combined ticket) I have no problem paying to get into the concert(jools Holland and Clapton) but paying to get into the meeting twice?.there is me the wife and two young full price adult season ticket holders, so this is going to work out rather expensive. Anyone know any answers or knows if Octogon are taking this into account please post replys here. Thanks
Old 7 Jul 2002, 20:00 (Ref:328886)   #2
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid the marshalling fraternity have already raised this with Octagon. We too are happy to pay for the concert, but not to get into a meeting at which we are marshalling. Seemingly, Octagon claim its all down to Ferrari UK; they seem to think its all down to Octagon. Bottom line is that neither party appears to care a toss!!
Old 8 Jul 2002, 08:31 (Ref:329177)   #3
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably competitors have the same issue
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:27 (Ref:329731)   #4
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep!
Old 10 Jul 2002, 15:42 (Ref:331164)   #5
chrisgr31
Racer

chrisgr31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Concert Only Tickets Exist

I have spend some time investigating this and called Octagon. They told me that it is possible to get a ticket for the Concert only, and gave me the phone number which I can't find at present. Anyway it is the Ticket line for this event. I assume however you have to go down the route of talking to an operator as a concert only ticket is not an option any other way.

ChrisGr
Old 16 Jul 2002, 12:32 (Ref:334935)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As I understand it from Octagon, the concert ticket is priced at £45. If you buy a concert ticket you get two days racing for free. I was also told that Ferrari (who are the main sponsor) want to see ticket returns for all tickets issued. You may be interested to know that Eric Clapton is doing the 'gig' as a favour to the Ferrari family. Like Peter, I am there to marshal for both days but will not be going to the concert at £45 per head!
Old 16 Jul 2002, 23:22 (Ref:335424)   #7
chrisgr31
Racer

Well not sure whereabouts at the circuit they will have the concert, but I imagine i will be audible for some distance, so no need to pay the £45!

Anyway can Octagon do this? My season date entitles me to go to car racing free of charge. They are charging £25 for a racing only ticket, and £45 for a racing and concert ticket. Ergo a concert only ticket should be £20

Chris
Old 17 Jul 2002, 07:14 (Ref:335546)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The concert is being held on the airfield and will be surrounded by security fence to stop the rest of the world getting in for nothing.
Old 17 Jul 2002, 07:43 (Ref:335563)   #9
chrisgr31
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
The concert is being held on the airfield and will be surrounded by security fence to stop the rest of the world getting in for nothing.
They can't stop the sound getting out though! After all one can never see at a concert anyway!
Old 19 Jul 2002, 07:07 (Ref:337092)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thats true but I bet there will be enough security around to make it extremely difficult to get anywhere close!
Old 19 Jul 2002, 13:01 (Ref:337354)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
isn't there anything to be done to stop the sound getting out?
Old 19 Jul 2002, 13:07 (Ref:337359)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - I can just see the final instructions from Octagon.

Please be aware that any marshal not attending the concert on Saturday night with a legitimate ticket will be required to sit in the campsite with their hands over their ears (ear defenders are also acceptable) singing "la la la I can't hear you Eric, I'm not listening".

Failure to adhere to this procedure may result in removal from the circuit and, in the event that music has been heard and enjoyed, a partial lobotomy to remove any memories of the illicit free music that has been stolen from Octagon.
Old 19 Jul 2002, 14:07 (Ref:337433)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
and will it say on the back of the tickets 'Motorsport and music combined can be dangerous'?
Old 19 Jul 2002, 14:18 (Ref:337444)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
um...if you like.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 09:35 (Ref:340420)   #15
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is sad news... I was hoping to hack back from Spa in time to catch the concert on the Saturday night using a free pass purloined from somewhere to get into the racing...
Mmm, Octagon strike again.
RickP