Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1091788)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why is Trulli Silent about Next Season's Plans

Okay conspiracy theorists and those with fertile imaginations... Fire away.

Considering that the Conventional Wisdom is that he has already signed with TOYOTA, why won't he announce it?

According to an articvle in the Daily Mail, he said, "At the moment I have not made any announcements and all I can say is I will be driving next year - I have a contract but I have to wait before I can announce it. It will be in Formula One and I will challenge for top positions."

Okay, why not declare TOYOTA now if it is fact true. Panis has been taken out of the running for the second seat, and every other front line seat is announced save BAR. There can be no legimate reason for declining to tell for either TOYOTA's sake or Renault's.

Beyond that, I frankly don't see TOYOTA competing at the front next season despite Gascoyne's efforts.

So...is his deal with an as yet unimagined option?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:27 (Ref:1091811)   #2
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe he's heard Michael's going to retire...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1091815)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he has signed with BAR, but can't say anything because of the ongoing Button affair.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1091824)   #4
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Glen might be on the mark, especially as Brundle reported this rumour back in Hungary before the Button situation unfolded. It could be that he and Sato are confirmed, but BAR don't want to reveal this until after the Button contract is decided, so as to make it look like BAR are losing out more than they are if the CRB give it WIlliams' way?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1091864)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like garcon's guess. Would that it were true.....
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:23 (Ref:1091891)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe it's Ford.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1091898)   #7
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Arden?
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1091916)   #8
Aysedasi
Back at Le Mans!
1% Club

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
I like garcon's guess. Would that it were true.....
I'm kneeling here with my palms and fingers pressed together........
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:00 (Ref:1091929)   #9
GreenAdam
Rookie

GreenAdam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he may not race next year
Old 10 Sep 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1091933)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's about as likely as Michael retiring...
Old 10 Sep 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1092119)   #11
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

Fuzzyfelt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen and NI Tram could well be on the mark that Trulli will go to BAR, but why are Jaguar holding off making a decision (ie: publically announcing a decision) until Buttongate has been settled?

Jaguar announce no news....

Last edited by Fuzzyfelt; 10 Sep 2004 at 16:46.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1092144)   #12
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, we'll likely never know what is actually taking place at the moment, but it seems Trulli's job for next year is still up in the air. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did end up at BAR. That would leave a pretty nice seat open at Toyota. (is there an emoticon for drooling? )

Last edited by Kirk; 10 Sep 2004 at 17:30.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 17:33 (Ref:1092154)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzyfelt
Glen and NI Tram could well be on the mark that Trulli will go to BAR, but why are Jaguar holding off making a decision (ie: publically announcing a decision) until Buttongate has been settled?

Jag may want Coulthard and/or Davidson, who're both likely to be hanging on for a decision from BAR first.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1092169)   #14
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would not surprise me if he had signed for multiple teams say Williams and BAR and is first option for Buttons seat with both.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1092192)   #15
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 1200Datto27
Arden?

Could it Be he has a contract with Williams on the condition they have some deal with BAR with the button thing? maybe like BAR backs off a little bit and Williams pays for Trulli at BAR?