Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Aug 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3295844)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Isn't that too early for him?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3296000)   #52
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following JPM's social media he seems to be doing a bit more fitness/gym lately, back to Indy it would seem?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 05:41 (Ref:3296014)   #53
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yes! also some karting too. looks like he is on the way back "home".
Old 30 Aug 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3296110)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Following JPM's social media he seems to be doing a bit more fitness/gym lately, back to Indy it would seem?
Looks that way.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3296415)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kyle Larson Confirmed

I would have thought this is a MEGA step up... for the team, and the young guy..

Arguably couldnt do any worse than the incumbent however
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Aug 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3296534)   #56
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with Felix.

Quote:
08/31/13 Wallace calls Ganassi cars junk, Sabates calls Wallace a moron Felix Sabates, angry over statements made by his former driver Kenny Wallace, called into a national radio show to complain about the current part-time Nationwide Series driver and Fox Sports commentator.

Wallace had said on SiriusXM’s NASCAR channel that Earnhardt Ganassi Racing, of which Sabates is a co-owner, doesn’t regularly have top-15 race cars. He at one point called them “junk.”

Sabates called into the channel’s evening show and talked to Claire B. Lang about Wallace’s statements.

“I fired him because he couldn't drive a racecar,” said Sabates, who released Wallace in 1993 after he ran one full Cup season. “And he has held a grudge against me for 20 years. And every time he gets a chance to take a shot at us, he takes a shot. … He is just a complete moron and an idiot.”

Wallace currently runs part time in the Nationwide Series and has spent the last several years as a commentator on Fox-owned Speed, which is now Fox Sports 1. He was talking about Kyle Larson’s replacing Juan Pablo Montoya at EGR during a segment earlier in the day on the SiriusXM NASCAR channel.

“It’s hardly a top-15 car, let’s be honest,” Wallace said on the network. “I’m not even being mean here. … There’s a theory that this is a top-notch Cup team. It’s not.”

Wallace went on to say he thinks Larson is better than the Nationwide cars he’s driving from Turner Scott Motorsports.

“Kyle Larson is good,” Wallace said. “But, in my opinion, there is no driver in the car that can take a junky car and do good with it.”

Sabates said he felt that “junky car” was in reference to his team, and he would call Fox because he feels that it shouldn’t have someone on the air who holds a grudge and said they should have unbiased broadcasters.

Wallace has raced for more than 20 years with no wins in 344 Cup starts and nine wins in 541 Nationwide stars. He was the 1991 Nationwide runner-up and his highest finish in the Cup standings was 22nd in 1999.

“For a no-good driving piece of junk like Kenny Wallace to say something like that? Yeah, it ticked me off,” Sabates said. “And I'm not through with him yet. … I got a problem with him because I just think he's a spoiled brat that says whatever he wants to say.

“He doesn't care about hurting people. He is not a driver. He couldn't drive a Volkswagen in a bicycle race and be competitive.”
Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3297520)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well nobody comes out of that well really, do they?
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3297550)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"He couldn't drive a Volkswagen in a bicycle race and be competitive."

Haha i like that!

But if ol' Felix doesn't like biased press, he should make sure he never comes to Australia to live
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3297556)   #59
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's never watched Fox either has he.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3297587)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, they're both correct...Felix's cars are crap, and Kenny can't drive.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3297604)   #61
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
He's never watched Fox either has he.
same media owner that I am referring to
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:30 (Ref:3297609)   #62
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Juan, F1 called...they want you back!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3297631)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Hey Juan, F1 called...they want you back!
If the relatively svelte Mr Ricciardo cant fit his backside into the '14 RBR because of the width of his hips.. where might Mr Montoya end up?

Maybe McLaren can get their plus size Mansell B-kit from a few years ago and modify a current car...
Old 2 Sep 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3297688)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Christ you are bitter.

Taking Webber's F1 exit a bit too hard methinks. Have a lie down.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3297728)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Christ you are bitter.

Taking Webber's F1 exit a bit too hard methinks. Have a lie down.
Errrr... Ricciardo too big for '14 RBR

Old 2 Sep 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3297744)   #66
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Christ you are bitter..

I love it when mods break forum rules to have a crack at.....other mods.