Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Mar 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1264664)   #1
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Alan Hyde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Tin Top Tuesday" Radio Programme!

Hello everyone!

Fresh back from the media launch for the 2005 season at Donington, when we finally get to see the cars, the drivers, and find out all all that's new for the coming season. I love the media day - catching up with everyone that I haven't seen since the final round of the last season - and it’s a time to get excited about the season in prospect!

I have my own little piece of exciting news as well!

Every Tuesday night at 8.00pm I will be hosting my own radio programme called "Tin Top Tuesday" on Globecast Radio - Sky Channel 907, and streamed live onto the web. It goes without saying that I am extremely grateful for being given the chance to put this idea to air - thanks to those that have given it the nod - they know who they are!.

Interviews, your emails, texts, phone calls, drivers and top touring car personnel on the line are all planned for this brand new programme, and I am so pleased to say that thanks to Motorpsort News, I will have Matt James, top Touring Car journalist at MN, alongside me every week to join in the debate, and maybe even give a sneak preview as to what will be in the paper the following morning!

I know the most informed motor sport spectators in the world are here in the UK, and an awful lot of them are here on these forums, so you are all invited to come along and join in, and I hope that we can make this show a success, so that it may continue this year and beyond!

You may have gathered - I'm very excited!

See you all soon - 2005 kicks off in less than a week - yippee!

Al
Old 29 Mar 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1264670)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sound good Alan, I saw you walking up and down the pitlane today. I for one will be tuned in next week.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1264679)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Alan, this radio broadcast sounds very promising indeed, going by the name it may be right up my street..

Are you on for an hour from 8pm ? Reason I ask is I'll tape it on my Sky+ because the TV tends to be occupied at that time of night!
Old 29 Mar 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1264698)   #4
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

It's great to think that Touring Cars will be getting even more exposure again this year. I think it will be very successful and you are bound to get heaps of questions. Looking forward to it

Cass
Old 29 Mar 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1264775)   #5
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kicks off in less than a week....have i missed something?!

By the way, for those of us who don't have sky, whats the URL to listen online?

James
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1265512)   #6
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Thanks for your nice comments everyone! I hope you can make it along!

As far as the website address is concerned, I know that it's very bad form to pop URLs up on other people's websites , and I respected that by not posting it here.

However, all you really need to know is that the radio channel is Globecast907 and you will find us!

Last edited by Alan Hyde; 30 Mar 2005 at 17:53.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1266658)   #7
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news alan, you where looking more happy than usual on Tuesday, will you make a recorded version available somewhere for those of use who will be unable to receive the live broadcast?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1269206)   #8
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.Lad
Good news alan, you where looking more happy than usual on Tuesday, will you make a recorded version available somewhere for those of use who will be unable to receive the live broadcast?
Hi Tim Lad!

I was very happy for some reason - maybe it's cos I miss those damned cars and those damned people too much during the winter!!!

It will indeed be recorded on Tuesday, and will replay throughout the week on Globecast 907 and on the website (which is relatively easy to work out as the station name is Globecast907 and we are a global web based station!). Ahem.

I hope it works out OK - we have much planned for the show this week, including a competition, interviews, and mega tin top detail!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1269231)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Ah haaaa!

Guess we're talking this one, Al:

http://www.globecast907.com/

Please, someone, remind me about this! I am traumatised about the last time I heard Al's dulcet tones (competition: anyone guess where I last heard his voice? Sorry Al! )
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1269233)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firefox users might find it hard to figure out how to launch the radio player on the website (which for the sake of argument we might call globecast907.com) - but it is obvious using IE. Possible bug there...

But I will look forward to listening in, Alan!

Last edited by Ian Sowman; 3 Apr 2005 at 21:02.
Old 3 Apr 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1269239)   #11
Alan Hyde
Rookie

Great competition idea Craigy Pops!

.....although I promise you our year long competition will not let you down. Oh joy.

I just Off Com see it that way too!
Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1269295)   #12
Tim.Lad
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Firefox users might find it hard to figure out how to launch the radio player on the website (which for the sake of argument we might call globecast907.com) - but it is obvious using IE. Possible bug there...

But I will look forward to listening in, Alan!
No its not a bug the glodrcast907 page is using an activeX media player 7 plugin and FireFox does not support ActiveX naitivly a very simple ajustment to the code ie TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" will use a dll mediaplayer 6.4 plugin thats works fine in IE and FireFox,

Alan maybe you can pass this on to the web master, so many people are using firefox now, it will be worth it....

example below

HTML Code:
<OBJECT>                            
<PARAM NAME='FileName' VALUE='mms://wmsglobecast.ld.mediawave.co.uk/globecast'>
<PARAM NAME='autostart' VALUE='1'>
<PARAM NAME='showcontrols' VALUE='1'>
<param name='AnimationatStart' value='True'>
<param name='TransparentatStart' value='True'>
<EMBED TYPE='application/x-mplayer2' SRC='mms://wmsglobecast.ld.mediawave.co.uk/globecast' AUTOSTART='0' SHOWCONTROLS='1'>
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>
Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1269307)   #13
Alan Hyde
Rookie

I'm only a simpleton.....take pity on me!

I don't know the people that do the website to be honest.......but Tim Lad.....you've got the job mate. Start on Monday? You can make me a fortune!

Al
Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1269316)   #14
Tim.Lad
Racer

Thanks do you pay well ?

Funny really i have allways wanted to get involved in motor sport in some way but there dosent seem to much work for Telephone\Data Engineers trackside, mediadays is as close to the pitlane i can get with car action going on....

out of interest how has this deal\idea come about and is it business as usual for the the BTCC this year minus the online feed
Old 3 Apr 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1269343)   #15
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you have an archive of your radio show that we could download and listen to at our own pace? I don't recall seeing one at http://www.globecast907.com/ ?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1269549)   #16
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tin-Top Tuesday Live

As we are all such big BTCC (and Al Hyde) fans - thought I would let you know that at 20.00 BST on - yep - Tuesday - Al will be hosting a live show on Globecast which is the 24 hour Motorsport and Automotive radio station on SKY Channel 907 and streamed at www.tracsport.com or www.theultimatefan.com.

You can email question to him and his guests now at ttt@globecast907.com

We are also broadcasting Live from the BRC event at Nuneaton on Saturday 9th April... starts at 9am....

Happy listening

John Hindhaugh

Last edited by hindy; 4 Apr 2005 at 09:14.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1271009)   #17
Alan Hyde
Rookie

It's........

TONIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!! 8.00pm! See you there!!!

Al
Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1271014)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I have never listened to the station on Sky before but I am now gonna head indoors and see if I can programme you into the EPG so it reminds me! Hope it's a good show
Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1271018)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Damn it won't let me grr!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1271035)   #20
Tim.Lad
Racer

just type in 907, its like a regular tv channel with no picture !!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1271047)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yes, thanks for that, but it won't allow me to programme a reminder for a later show. Perhaps that is a temporary glitch. I get that occasionally on the main channels so will try again after I've had tea
Old 5 Apr 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1271053)   #22
Tim.Lad
Racer

lol get a tivo have mine for 4 years now and i still think its the best thing ive ever got even at the £300. price tag
Old 5 Apr 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1271216)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just listen to the whole show, not bad I know I will be doing between 8 and 10 on Tuesday night from now on.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1271279)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perfect driving/travelling radio...shame the minidish isn't portable.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1271281)   #25
Alan Hyde
Rookie

WoW! Thank you so much everyone! As always - the best fans in the world! Thank you! We can chat in the chat room tomorrow night!

Al