Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1277316)   #1
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
F1 constructors predictions

1. Renault
2. Ferrari
3. McLaren
4. Toyota
5. Williams
6. Red Bull
7. BAR
8. Sauber
9. Jordan
10. Minardi

I'm under no illusions that this thread won't be closed btw...
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1277318)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, it's actually quite sensible, which is odd.

I don't want to predict, it will only bite me when we reach seasons end.

I'll predict the bottom two though....Jordan and Minardi, in no particular order.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1277324)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We did do a championship predictions competition before the season started
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1277329)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yer, but this would have a different look now we have a rough idea of where everybody stands pace-wise and everything.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1277331)   #5
Formula Juan
Racer

Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1277340)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FJ, as this is a discussion forum, would you like to expand on why you have put them in that order?

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Apr 2005 at 17:48.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1277379)   #7
Formula Juan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
FJ, as this is a discussion forum, would you like to expand on why you have put them in that order?
certainly my friend

1. Renault - because their car is the best at the moment and Alonso is a brilliant driver and Fisico is quite good enough to score points as well. Only downside is their reliability but so are the other teams so..

2. Ferrari - because you can't underestimate these guys and Schumacher is such a workhorse that I think they will improve by so much that they can get 2nd place back. Rubens is reliable enough to score lots of points if the car is ok.

3. McLaren - they have the brilliant drivers in Kimi and Juan ( when he's fit ) and the aero on that car is brilliant. Reliability and poor engine is letting them down...and drivers need to conserve tyres.

4. Toyota - wow they are sooooo much improved and at last they have two really good drivers and I think they have MUCH better drivers than Williams and will therefore just about beat them.

5. Williams - the car and engine are ok but not special and neither are the drivers. IMO Webber is good but not great and Heidfeld is just one of those guys that make up the numbers and is already being beaten a lot by Webber. They both score points a lot but not enough to finish ahead of Toyota.

6. Red Bull - well I think they can beat BAR because they have a great driver in DC and Klien was good this year. I just hope Liuzzi doesen't screw it all up for them.

7. BAR - Button is over-rated and not a team player IMO. He is not the tallent to help this struggling team. Sato I think is a joke. The problem is for BAR they were mighty fast last year but no-one in their technical department really understands why!!? Also the other teams which were rubbish last year have improved.

8. Sauber - awww poor JVi is struggling isn't he!? shame cos I thought he'd do well this year. ( even I can be wrong sometimes ) Massa is doing well but the car is the 8th best on the grid, so thats where they will finish.

9. Jordan - I reckon Karthikeyan is alright for what he is ( a pay driver ). He might score a point or two to lift them ahead of Minardi.

10. Minardi - No points if I had to guess.

There you go Adam.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1277384)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very early to predict... thread closed...

but from what ive seen so far:
Renault...they do look supreame so far

Ferrari.... i think Schu could still be champ but it seems that Ferrari wont be as dominant as last year so Rubens could be the weak link in the WCC bid

Mclaren...

thats about as far as i can predict...
Old 13 Apr 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1277392)   #9
Formula Juan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Very early to predict... thread closed...
tis only a matter of time!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1277540)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Juan

3. McLaren - they have the brilliant drivers in Kimi and Juan ( when he's fit ) and the aero on that car is brilliant. Reliability and poor engine is letting them down...and drivers need to conserve tyres.

Fundamentally wrong.

Reliability - six starts, six finishes.

Tyres - the drivers don't need to conserve them at all - it's exactly the opposite problem - the car isn't working the tyres hard enough.

That's compromised them in qualifying, but makes for excellent pace over a race.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1277566)   #11
Formula Juan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Fundamentally wrong.

Yeah I know....for some reason I was thinking about Renault when I wrote that.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1277620)   #12
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Fundamentally wrong.

Thats defeatest. Thats only 100%! They should be pushing for at least 110..
Old 14 Apr 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1277905)   #13
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Renault
McLaren
Ferrari
Toyota
Williams
Red Bull
Sauber
BAR
Minardi
Jordan
Old 14 Apr 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1277913)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
Renault
McLaren
Ferrari
Toyota
Williams
Red Bull
Sauber
BAR
Minardi
Jordan
Even after their poor start i would put BAR much higher than that.There are still 16 races left,a whole season in fact to make ammends.Good times are just around the corner,hopefully.Also,only Renault and Toyota have scored any meaningful points and neither are regular front runners compared to the likes of Williams etc.The championship will be closer than it looks at present.

Last edited by Marbot; 14 Apr 2005 at 11:04.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1278037)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Renault
McLaren
Ferrari
Toyota
Williams
BAR
Red Bull
Sauber
Jordan
Minardi
Old 14 Apr 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1278130)   #16
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All I'm going to predict is that the top five will be Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota and Williams, in no particular order. Ferrari and McLaren will get stronger, Renault may falter.

Oh, and Minardi will be last.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1278272)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that BAR will finish in the top 4,so there.

And a race win or two as well.

Last edited by Marbot; 14 Apr 2005 at 19:02.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1278325)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I'm going to stick my neck out
You'd have to be a giraffe to make a bold prediction like that...
Old 15 Apr 2005, 01:25 (Ref:1278462)   #19
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren
Renault
Ferrari
Toyota
Williams
BAR
Red Bull
Sauber
Jordan
Minardi
Old 15 Apr 2005, 02:17 (Ref:1278472)   #20
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
BAR
Renault
Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Toyota
Red Bull
Sauber
Jordan
Minardi
Old 15 Apr 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1278564)   #21
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
How optimistic mabs_nsx! I salute you!

Renault-too good. They will more that likely drop off a little as they did last year, although not by enough and not by as much as last year. Not enough to lose the substantial lead they will have built up by Silverstone.

McLaren-once they sort out qualifying, they will be qualiFLYing. haha. Bad Joke. A fit Juan Pablo and Kimi at his best will push the Renaults right to the last couple of races.

Ferrari-how can you underestimate the boys from Maranello? Answer-you can't. ESPECIALLY when you have the 7 times WDC on board still. Michael will bounce back, and push Alonso for the WDC right to the very end. Write these guys off at your own peril.

Toyota-I think they will have just enough in the tank to hold off a fast finishing Williams. Just. Ralf and Trulli are one of the stronger driver line ups there is and will score substantial (in excess of 80) points.

Williams-although 5th in the WCC is a drop from 04, Williams will have made strong improvements and will be satisfied by season end. I can see once Webber breask his podium duck, he will be very very strong ala Button 04. Expect to see both drivers frequent the podium, and although I have predicted 5th, I can see possibly 4th or 3rd. Maybe less than 10pts seperating 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Red Bull Racing-Thanks to DC, Red Bull will leapfrog Sauber and BAR. Not much will seperate 6th, 7th and 8th, possibly around the 30-40pt mark each team. Klien is a star, and if Liuzzi doesn't perform well enough, GET HIM BACK IN THE CAR ASAP. If they don't, it could cost them up the 3 WCC places at the end of the season.

Sauber-Again, Massa will stand out in this team. Don't get me wrong, JV will have some strong drives in the 2nd half of the season, but I see Massa being on about 25pts to JV's 12 or so. JV will do just enough to keep his seat for 06 if Sauber are patient with him.

BAR-Sorry guys, it's back to the golden era of 99-02 for BAR. It ain't getting any easier. There car is quick ala 2001, but reliabilty is a real problem. I can see Button and Sato getting 1-2 podiums each, but it would be optimistic to aim for more. I like Taku, but Button annoys me. The faith BAR have shown in him and to stab them in the back like that is completely disloyal. Williams will not have room for him in 06 so he may be stuck in a dog of a car. Good. I hope Taku goes to Ferrari when Michael retires and wins a WDC, he has the talent to do so...

Minardi-Optimism here, Freisacher and Albers are no Pierluigi Martini, but in their 20th year, I think Minardi will leapfrog Jordan and take 9th with about 4-5pts. Hopefully the new car is 1-2 seconds quicker and can surpirse the paddock a bit.

Jordan-yes Toyota engines, so reliabilty and power shouldn't be a problem, but I'm afraid it's the underdeveloped chassis that won't give Karthikeyen the car his talent deserves. Monteiro is OK, a little better than da Matta and I won't be surprised if Midland Jordan retain their driver line up for a (hopefully) competitive 2006 campaign. 2-3pts is all.

Last edited by Skam85; 15 Apr 2005 at 06:37.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1278633)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
BAR
Renault
Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Toyota
Red Bull
Sauber
Jordan
Minardi
I'm not sticking my neck out that far.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1278639)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
You'd have to be a giraffe to make a bold prediction like that...
I'm no Giraffe,but i am quite tall.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1278662)   #24
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
BAR
Renault
Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Toyota
Red Bull
Sauber
Jordan
Minardi
Well maybe they won't win the championship but I think 3rd will be the worst that they will finish. I think BAR will be back up the front fighting for race wins every race and I think they will win at least 3 races this season starting with a 1-2 win at San Marino, Barcelona and Japan

Renault
BAR
Mclaren
Ferrari
Williams
Toyota
Red Bull
Sauber
Jordan
Minardi
Old 19 Apr 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1282210)   #25
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari (Just)
Renault
Toyota
Mclaren
Williams
Sauber
BAR
Red Bull
Jordan
Minardi