Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jul 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1345902)   #1
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Engineers / Phil Curtis

Anyone pick up on the Channel 10 coverage today that Phil Curtis was sacked by GRM? He only just moved over from BJR , Ford to Holden. Was he not up to the job? Anyone know more about this?

It also raises the point about engineers - they seem to be a vital part in the team structure yet there were quite a few missing from Hidden Valley. Could a team survive on 1 race engineer? Is it hard to swap from one make to the other and successfully understand the new car?
Old 3 Jul 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1345904)   #2
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm told Gazza is a pretty hard Man to work for.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1345931)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont doubt that for a minute billy....

I was interested in how that particular factoid was delivered by Mr Crompton. He claimed, outright, that Mr Curtis was sacked from GRM.

Now there have been quite a few engineering types change hats recently, some of which #10 have picked up on in their telecasts, others that are yet to happen but not one of those changes has ever been referred to as an outright "sacking"

Did Cromley have a crook day, and not detune his comments, or is there something else going on here???

If it is factually incorrect, perhaps Mr Curtis could take action on Mr Crompton and the #10 mob for material damage such comments would likely inspire
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Jul 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1346579)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes very surprised at the 10 comment to say he WAS SACKED.
Not comething you want displayed over the airways I would pressume.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 04:33 (Ref:1347394)   #5
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Phil Curtis is a gun engineer right, very very experienced? Bound to turn up somewhere else very shortly? Hopefully DJR.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1347542)   #6
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
But Phil Curtis is a gun engineer right, very very experienced? Bound to turn up somewhere else very shortly? Hopefully DJR.
that could be a good call. Or maybe at FPR, lord only knows they need help. And he wouldnt have to move city or state to work for them.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1347634)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Britek... Toll... BJR... a few of the HPDC teams are said to be looking at contract engineers for race weekends....

Plenty of opportunities

Doesnt make the way it was announced any better though
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1347644)   #8
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being "sacked" by Gary is more a reflection on his "people skills" than his abilities as an engineer.

There are many old hand "Guru's/Legends" who do not understand some of the new technology in data acquisition.

A "sacking" by this team owner may actually add a tick to his CV.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1347648)   #9
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FWIW, I worked with Phil at the PHR B24 Race when Bowe/Jones/Morris/Teulan drove the black 360.

He IS a gun engineer.

I heard there were differences at GRM between the long serving regular engineer and Phil. I also heard that Cam wants him back. I guess we'll see.......
Old 6 Jul 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1348537)   #10
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was Cam, I'd want him back as well!! He had a shocking weekend, as did the entire GRM crew.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...