Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Nov 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1776695)   #1
matchfacts
Rookie

matchfacts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza advice

Can anyone offer any advice on the Monza GP.

Does general admission offer access to any recommended views - a colleague mentioned heading through the woods to "Lesmos"? Am I best going for one of the stands and if so which one? For cost I'm probably looking at Piscina, Serraglio, Junior or the Lateral Parabolic ones.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 10:18 (Ref:1777604)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
personally, i'd book a stand for at least sunday if not saturday as well, but spend friday roaming around the circuit. it's difficult to get a good view without tree climbing on a general admission ticket on sundays and not as difficult on saturdays, so i'd recommend spending the money on the seat just in case you can't find any views to your satisfaction.

but your colleague is very right - monza is a great circuit to explore as a spectator, the uk offers nothing quite like it.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1778193)   #3
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd definately get a grandstand for Sunday and probably Saturday. You have to set some time aside to wander through the parks and take in the history. you can get really up close and personal with the cars in the braking zone for the Roggia chacane and the lesmo corners
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30309695/
This shot was taken from the general admission area in the Lesmo corner, its quite blurry because you are literally 15feet from the apex!

Hope this helps!
Old 5 Dec 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1782738)   #4
Mr.Dallara
Rookie

Mr.Dallara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will make a trip to Monza next year for the weekend of the LMS and World Series in april, it will be my first time to Monza.

All advice about Monza is welcome! links or experience of anybody...

- Cheap hotels close to the circuit?

- Anybody experience which the "official Monza Camping"? ( http://www.monzanet.it/eng/campeggi.aspx )
Is the sanitary and other accomodation clean and modern?

Is the wheater (rain...) in april not a risk for a camping trip in Monza...?
Old 6 Dec 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1783343)   #5
Isadora
Rookie

Isadora should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dallara
- Cheap hotels close to the circuit?
Pick one in Milan! Monza is just a short train journey away (about 15 minutes or so) and for the big events there are some dedicated free trains that stop just a couple of hundred yards from the track entrance.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1784311)   #6
Mr.Dallara
Rookie

Mr.Dallara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora
Pick one in Milan! Monza is just a short train journey away (about 15 minutes or so) and for the big events there are some dedicated free trains that stop just a couple of hundred yards from the track entrance.
The extra train stop close to the circuit, is it not only which the F1 GP?
or also wich events like LMS-WS and WTCC? when you see in TV, in the non-F1 weekends are there not much spectators in the Monza grandstands...

The ("normal") train station of Monza town, how for/how long walking is it to the circuit entrance?

Thanks for the info!

Do you have any good adres/hotel in Milan city? url? where you was before...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1784516)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
try searching sites like expedia.com and bookings.net that have ratings from pervious visitors. they usually have good details about how far a hotel is from the station too.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1805478)   #8
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza 07 F1 GP

Hi does or has anyone been to monza for the F1 recently? would be great to hear your experiences and if you have any good links other than the official site

Thanks
Old 3 Jan 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1805610)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
try this for a start:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91328
Old 11 Jan 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1812818)   #10
ngdragon
Rookie

Wales
ngdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went with my son last Sept- last minute deal so we just had GA- great view at the Lesmos in one of the small 'grandstands' that are all around the circuit- even had a TV screen just for the 'cheap seats'!

We got there early but not too early- there was plenty of space but it filled up before the race- but there is viewing lower down against the fence.

Would certainly do it this way again- we could choose our spot and were closer to the track than in the grandstands. Were also able to walk around the track on the Saturday and see all the corners.

Silverstone could learn a thing or two.........
Old 16 Jan 2007, 14:06 (Ref:1816572)   #11
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who did you book that with, and how late did you book? I'm interested in doing something similar. I had planned on going to Monaco last minute, but a mate of mine has picked that weekend for his stag do!
Old 4 May 2007, 08:46 (Ref:1906360)   #12
matchfacts
Rookie

matchfacts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the information so far. OK, I've booked tickets. Parabolica Stand C - apparently the big screen is directly opposite. Can't wait!!!

So now comes my next question. Can I take alcohol into the circuit? At Catalunya you can take it in, in plastic bottles - no glass or cans. Is it the same at Monza? I won't be taking barrels of the stuff, just don't want to be stuck with Fosters if they still have the supply deal without the sponsorship.