Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 Aug 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3843391)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Old age, lack of opportunity, general lassitude with bureaucracy, or ?

Do tell I'm 81 and still battling on.

Bob
Hopefully not age related Bob - only just turned 60 a few weeks ago - yes, honestly! A combination of factors really with circuit bureaucracy to the fore. That's especially the case with MSV and the hurdles you have to jump over these days, not helped by only getting accreditation confirmation 4-days before events by which time low cost accommodation has largely gone (for those events where an overnight stay is preferable). Too many drivers wanting freebies - not on this forum I hasten to add and I'm always willing to help out clubs etc. Copyright infringements via social media. Just not worth the hassle these days - I don't think I'm alone in that regard.

That's the main issue for me plus finding I'd rather be watching these days as opposed to taking hundreds (thousands) of photographs for minimal benefit. I don't need the income and I'm now involved with our regional mountain rescue team which is taking up a fair bit of my time (and is very rewarding).

Will concentrate on VSCC Trials from now on but may make the odd 'guest appearance' at races, certainly as a spectator.