Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 2003, 08:50 (Ref:661498)   #1
Ed Jones
Rookie

Ed Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'speedy' Dan Clarke - Top Brit In Croft Qualifying

COMTEC's DAN CLARKE was literally an inch away from grabbing his maiden 2003 UK Formula Ford Championship victory in Rounds 12 and 13 at Croft last weekend but still remains upbeat after his now customary masterclass in the art of overtaking - he incredibly made more passing manoeuvres in one race than the rest of the field put together!

"I have the raw speed," said Clarke, "I have proved that, I just need that little bit of luck and extra concentration to convert it to victories. It will come."

Clarke has been looking for more consistency in qualifying and the omens looked great for the 19 year-old speed-king when he qualified on the front row just four hundredths off pole - he was the top British driver on the grid and easily the quickest from the Comtec stable.

He started the race well, held onto 2nd place and was biding his time when a mistake on the tight chicane on the 2nd lap saw him clip the tight tyre-wall, an error of judgement of less than one inch, but enough to damage the notoriously fragile Van Diemen wish-bone and force the retirement.

That's when the real fun started for Clarke. Starting from 26th out of 27 on the grid in the second race, he threw caution to the wind and set off on a magnificent charge up the field, clawing his way at a rate of over a car a lap to finish the race in 12th; disappointing considering his initial qualifying but a staggering result in the circumstances.

Clarke said: "I was pleased with the way I drove apart from one tiny error, but that's racing I suppose. The distance between victory and defeat is minuscule sometimes. On the plus side, the difficulties we have experienced have forced me to test the car to the limit, and I've learned so much over the past few races. There have been huge performance improvements, especially in terms of throttle control and road handling under the most extreme pressure.

"We know we can match anyone for speed, I've proved that several times now, but for one reason or another it's just not quite all clicking into place on race day. However, I'm getting closer and one thing's for certain, this continued frustration just spurs me on even more."

The next races take place at Snetterton on the weekend of August 9th and 10th.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:04 (Ref:661504)   #2
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella - they're at it again!! Can't we stop this cxxp??? Please
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:05 (Ref:661505)   #3
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good press release.. all facts though guys!
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:06 (Ref:661507)   #4
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of the day he had a DNF and a 12th place.

Same excuses, different day.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:18 (Ref:661515)   #5
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but he "raced" well though didn't get the results!
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:32 (Ref:661523)   #6
formulafordster
Racer

formulafordster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 'speedy' Dan Clarke - Top Brit In Croft Qualifying

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Jones

"I have the raw speed," said Clarke..........great for the 19 year-old speed-king
?????????????
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:39 (Ref:661535)   #7
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by No 4
Bella - they're at it again!! Can't we stop this cxxp??? Please
i agree why do people insist on posting danny's press releases so they can say bad stuff about him. no other driver's press releases are put on here. we're not supposed to attack individuals on this forum, but for some reason it always happens, its getting very old and very tired!!
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:55 (Ref:661551)   #8
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 'speedy' Dan Clarke - Top Brit In Croft Qualifying

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Jones

he was the top British driver on the grid
and the first to crash
Quote:
he threw caution to the wind
Nothing new there then.

Last edited by medler; 15 Jul 2003 at 09:56.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:12 (Ref:661564)   #9
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with garage girl. This is a forum for discussion, not blatent self promotion.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 12:22 (Ref:661708)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Keep them coming!
Old 15 Jul 2003, 13:18 (Ref:661796)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think before mr clarke's press people get too psyched up it's worth remembering that this is a bad year for fords and dan still isn't winning on a regular basis. the pace is quite a way off last year's.

sadly it's this sort of complete bull**** that the sponsors believe, and real talent has slipped through the net as a result of uncompetitive drivers getting the small amount of money that's available.

there is no need to post the entire press release. should you wish to post a comment about dan's race please do so in the appropriate thread regarding the race. any further press releases posted on the forum and i will take action to ensure this doesn't happen again.