Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jul 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3280703)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
360MRC 6hr endurance, Donington Park Aug 3rd

The 360MRC 6 hr race, The Placement Group 40 minute Full English Breakfast Sprint and Triple Header Sporstcar races will fill the day.

Some of you may have heard or read that a charity entry is to be racing in the 6hr. What may not be general knowledge is that the car will be my very own old warhorse, Tango 924, veteran of the 2011 & 2012 races already. I have volunteered the car for the entry, with new tyres and fully fettled, and will be 'managing' the team on the day. Tenther MGDavid (David Smith) will be driving alongside John Hindhaugh and another charity driver or two. The aim is to get to the finish and raise as much money for the nominated charity as possible!

I've copied the message below that would normally seen at the login stage of entering 10-Tenths forum.

"As many of you know, 360MRC is a club formed after a discussion on Tenths, and as such it's very close to our hearts.
Their main event each year is a 6 hour endurance race which has been held at Snetterton and this year is being held at Donington on Saturday 3rd of August.
This is as close to an "official" Ten-Tenths race meeting as it's possible to get! Many Tenthers are racing or marshalling or clerking and we encourage as many users as possible to come along.
Many of the site moderators and admin will be there too!
This year 360MRC are trying to do something a bit special for The Stroke Association at the 360, as you may or may not know strokes have affected some important people within the 360 fold, people you know very well on here. Thankfully, a certain tenther who is a 360 avid supporter is lending us a car to do it.
John (Hindy) Hindhaugh, the voice of Radio LeMans and avid (rabid?) 360 supporter and a few others are entering the 360 in a bid to complete the six hour and get as much money as we can for the Stroke Association and they NEED YOUR HELP!
You can see the full story Here and the Just Giving page Here
We encourage all Tenths users to come along on the day and show their support and also to give generously to this campaign!"
Old 23 Jul 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3280950)   #2
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be there, if only Claire would answer her "pm's" and e-mails.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3281129)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All being well I should be there too.

Presumably people will be arriving on Friday? Fancy a curry - eat in or takeaway both possible from the selection of nearby outlets.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3281145)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
I'd be there, if only Claire would answer her "pm's" and e-mails.

Chris
You are there...see PM x
Old 24 Jul 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3281151)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike - have you put a bigger seat in Tango 924 for Hindy ??

I'll be there, probably helping Grant & Terri out with Ten Tenths sponsor type stuff (probably while they're out on the bank) - unless Claire has anything better for me to do!
Old 24 Jul 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3281169)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I may make the Saturday but I'm teaching the next generation of racers on the Sunday. Shame, first one I've missed!
Old 24 Jul 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3281170)   #7
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I may make the Saturday but I'm teaching the next generation of racers on the Sunday. Shame, first one I've missed!
Its only on the Saturday
Old 24 Jul 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3281202)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Mike - have you put a bigger seat in Tango 924 for Hindy ??
Hah! My good race buddy Clifford is a big bugger so Tango already has a wide seat, mounted on (approved) runners as well.....

Old 24 Jul 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3281242)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Its only on the Saturday
That'll teach me to RTFI. Woohoo I can come and spectate
Old 24 Jul 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3281258)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That'll teach me to RTFI. Woohoo I can come and spectate
bring a few quid for the Stroke Association and you can do refuelling crew...
Old 24 Jul 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3281260)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Max will need some race wear if he is refuelling- could that be a problem?
Old 24 Jul 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3281263)   #12
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can anyone give us a clue to about the timetable, or is that top secret and only known to competitors?

I would like to support the meeting, but there doesn't seem to be info available.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3281369)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Max will need some race wear if he is refuelling- could that be a problem?
Bother, rules me out then You know what they say about builders' houses and mechanics' cars

Put me down for tyre oiling and brake polishing duties. I'll probably tear The Boy away from his Summer of Doing Beggar All and as he's now 16 he can be another useless lummox in the pit lane.

Last edited by midgetman; 25 Jul 2013 at 07:38.
Old 25 Jul 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3281526)   #14
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Timetable

HERE
Old 27 Jul 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3282317)   #15
Fasteddymini
Rookie

Fasteddymini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know when we can expect finals and the entry list ?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3285578)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it was good to catch up with old friends. Eclectic mix of cars in the field and plenty of dramas that you associate with endurance racing. I'm sure we will hear the stories! Mainly sunny interspersed by several heavy rain showers, two of which I got caught in in shirtsleeves, led to safety car periods. My only thought was that it started too late, but that is a selfish comment based on the fact that I had to leave before the end. Wonder what time some of the marshals got home? Great fun anyway and well done to everyone involved and for Claire et al sticking with this event. It has had to evolve because there are simply nowhere near enough historic racers prepared to enter this race which is a shame, but I believe in its current evolution it has plenty of legs. Will put up some pics later.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3285613)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few early ones!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1840wb.jpg   IMG_1843wb.jpg   IMG_1851wb.jpg  

IMG_1858wb.jpg   IMG_1888wb.jpg   IMG_1936wb.jpg  

Old 4 Aug 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3285614)   #18
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
A few early ones!

God that pace car looks good!!!! ha ha

Thanks John ...I will check in from time to time over the next two weeks....was lovely to see you and chew the fat in Race Control.

We did lose time at the start and then Mark Hales had an off which was agro to say the least....it set us back by 5 mins which we never could get back...sometimes you cant...such is the nature of the beast

Post some more...cant wait
Old 4 Aug 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3285616)   #19
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice fotos John ...

Looks like the event was a success.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3285637)   #20
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
God that pace car looks good!!!! ha ha

Thanks John ...I will check in from time to time over the next two weeks....was lovely to see you and chew the fat in Race Control.

We did lose time at the start and then Mark Hales had an off which was agro to say the least....it set us back by 5 mins which we never could get back...sometimes you cant...such is the nature of the beast

Post some more...cant wait
Meant 35 mins
Old 4 Aug 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3285659)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

I can't see from those photos. Who was in the safety car?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3285667)   #22
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
I can't see from those photos. Who was in the safety car?
The safety Car was an Aston, The Pace Car I refer to is my new baby x
Old 4 Aug 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3285682)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
A few more, then:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1940wb.jpg   IMG_1983wb.jpg   IMG_2008wb.jpg  

IMG_2011wb.jpg   IMG_2061wb.jpg   IMG_2074wb.jpg  

Old 4 Aug 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3285690)   #24
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The safety Car was an Aston, The Pace Car I refer to is my new baby x
You need a new painting for your avatar Claire.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3285694)   #25
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Well that was an interesting day.

Caught out in the first light shower without my wet gear to hand I took shelter in the lee of a marshals post - considering the amount of water dropped that worked very well indeed, mainly because the falling rain was nearer horizontal than vertical.

It allowed me to snap the progress of the deluge at Robert's esses. It went rather like this, using MGDavid in Tango by way of illustration.

I'll continue the 'splash through puddle' sequence in the next post.
Attached Thumbnails
600px_360MC_1D3__360MC_Donington_ONED2977.jpg   600px_360MC_1D3__360MC_Donington_ONED3004.jpg   600px_360MC_1D3__360MC_Donington_ONED3024.jpg  

600px_360MC_1D3__360MC_Donington_ONED3034.jpg   600px_360MC_1D3__360MC_Donington_ONED3091.jpg   600px_360MC_1D3__360MC_Donington_ONED3092.jpg