Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Oct 2003, 20:00 (Ref:764966)   #1
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Non Coverage of Smaller Teams

I have noted that this year the television coverage for smaller teams is almost non existant (Except when something goes wrong). Given their smaller budgets these teams need a bit more coverage to keep their sponsors. What are your thoughts?
Old 27 Oct 2003, 21:59 (Ref:765091)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wont mention the team's name, but there is a certain L1 operation that gets coverage well in excess of their VCS championship position... seems like the participant is auditioning for a future gig as a #10 commentator!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:08 (Ref:765103)   #3
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least they show 1 Ford team and 1 Holden team and they seem to have 2 participants auditioning for a future TV Gig. Again at least they take 1 from each team to keep parity going.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:10 (Ref:765108)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Arn't there a couple of teams/drivers auditioning for that role GTR.When they should be consertrating on there diving and team postion in the championship?
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:15 (Ref:765118)   #5
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the dumb thing here is that if they just followed the race leader as in on track leader more teams would get TV coverage but 10 stick with the overall leaders all the time . in which would make they way back to front anyway .
dumb!
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:20 (Ref:765125)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who would be the Holden version? the Ford version was interviewing kids at the circuit.. It may be coincidental but when Larko was having his issues with the failure of ICS sponsorship, he was on the #10 coverage about as much as this current person, presumably to get the interest and profile up...
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:51 (Ref:765161)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd normally agree that back markers should get more TV, especially at events like Bathurst, but why should we be watching someone just because they are wobbling around at the back in a sprint race?
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:53 (Ref:765165)   #8
Blueprint
Rookie

Blueprint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Who would be the Holden version? the Ford version was interviewing kids at the circuit.. It may be coincidental but when Larko was having his issues with the failure of ICS sponsorship, he was on the #10 coverage about as much as this current person, presumably to get the interest and profile up...

Get Real!!!! How many time do we have to go into this???
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:00 (Ref:765170)   #9
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
but If they are on track leading they should get the TV that the leader deserves so if Tratt(on track leader) does pit until the last possible moment and has Noske,Larko,Thextton,in a pack on lap 9 charging down on him and none have pitted and won't till lap 16 then that's what should fill our screens for 6 lap at least
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:00 (Ref:765171)   #10
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Would not drive a white #51 car ???????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:02 (Ref:765173)   #11
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be in C10's best interests to help prop up the monster they helped create with puff pieces like that.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:06 (Ref:765175)   #12
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
I'd normally agree that back markers should get more TV, especially at events like Bathurst, but why should we be watching someone just because they are wobbling around at the back in a sprint race?
Because if sponsors pull the pin and these smaller teams (I am talking in the 10 - 20 places) disapear we would get fields of 10 - 15 cars. Who wants that?
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:16 (Ref:765191)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But shouldn't cars get on TV by merit or incident, rather than simply "Here's Joe Blow, he's having some sponsor trouble so we'll give him a run. The report from the pits is that Ingall has just snotted Murph, but no need to see that!".

There was a good battle between Mark Noske and Cam McConville on Saturday, but they were probably showing the race at the front. I think the only time Mark got on the box was when he swipped the wall.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:20 (Ref:765192)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I agree Crash Test, there were some good midfield dices around that missed the coverage completely... Simon Wills and Jason Richards at various times monstering and passing the cars in front of them were totally missed by the telecast....

And Rusty being in front didnt get all the airplay either, in the same manner as Murf at Bathurst.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:21 (Ref:765194)   #15
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know if it would be a good idea, but how about split screening the telecast so that in a corner somwhere you can follow the gonigs on of somwhere down the pack as well as follow the lead bunch as well as the duke it out. The reverse could be done if you were focusing on somone down the pack enabling viewers to keep tabs on the leaders.
Maybee its too much to follow or too annoying for most viewer, but if these temas arent getting coverage then more and more sponsors will walk and leave the sport which is not a good thing for anyone.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:22 (Ref:765195)   #16
Nevermind
Rookie

Nevermind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Actually GTR,I was thinking during Sundays race that I hadnt seen Bowe at all, and nothing of Jones either?

Talking about Jones interviewing kids. Did you see that blonde in the bikini?

Jones: "Are you here for the V8's or the Carts?"
Dumb Girl: "umm.... the Carts" (with a derr look on her face)
Jones: "Who's you favourite driver?"
Dumb Girl: "Obviously Schumacher" (thinking she was so clever)

God it was funny
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:27 (Ref:765204)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And this is exactly why females generally dont like coming to motorsport events... the bimbettes marginalise their participation....

Having said that, the floorshows at the ANA, and later at Crown Towers were something to be seen to be believed, but no better or worse than you would see on a beach at Noosa...

Last edited by GTRMagic; 27 Oct 2003 at 23:27.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:32 (Ref:765211)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I dragged my missus along for a while on Sunday, and we both had a top time having a good old fashion perve

Actually, thanks go to the good folks down at the southern end of the track while some of the pace car laps were going- the pace cars are there for a good reason- get the attention away from the track
Old 28 Oct 2003, 02:40 (Ref:765290)   #19
paydriver
Rookie

paydriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Blueprint
Get Real!!!! How many time do we have to go into this???
Whassamatta Blueprint, the lunchtable chat still causing you troubles with your conscience?

BJR will have naming rights sponsors in 2004 different to their 2003 package. So will a number of other teams.

Its no biggie, but you seem to make it that way.

I have probably seen you at the weekend, as I spent time with the rest of the Volvo Trucks boys on the Saturday in the BJR paddock tent. Although you seem loathe to admit it.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 02:56 (Ref:765295)   #20
Blueprint
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by paydriver
Whassamatta Blueprint, the lunchtable chat still causing you troubles with your conscience?

BJR will have naming rights sponsors in 2004 different to their 2003 package. So will a number of other teams.

Its no biggie, but you seem to make it that way.

I have probably seen you at the weekend, as I spent time with the rest of the Volvo Trucks boys on the Saturday in the BJR paddock tent. Although you seem loathe to admit it.
I'll tell you whassamatta Paydriver, is that you are constantly on my case about working with them and unless you have proof I would start by retracting all post that insinuate it or you will find yourself in very deep S**T.
PM me for further discussion if you wish.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 02:58 (Ref:765297)   #21
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sheesh, if your going to get your knickers in a knot over it why not just tell us who you are?
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:04 (Ref:765300)   #22
Blueprint
Rookie

OK then for those who missed it previously, lets try again. I am a female who follows V8s and have NO association with any team, some just have chosen not to believe it and I'm am getting very sick and tired of their blatant lying...

Last edited by Blueprint; 28 Oct 2003 at 03:07.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:38 (Ref:765320)   #23
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, this is a turnup for the books, someone who claims to be not associated with the team, constantly being accused? of being an insider. Usually it's the other way around.

People who's closest involvement with the sport is the TV in their lounge room, come into forums pretending to be "closely associated" with different teams. How bizarre!

BOT, how ironic is it that those with the smallest budgets and thus the greatest need for increased sponsorship cannot get enough exposure because their limited sponsorship prevents them from purchasing airtime.
Old 28 Oct 2003, 03:55 (Ref:765329)   #24
ozemailrox
Rookie

ozemailrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, for once why dont you leave the particular team you are talking about alone!!!! And for your info, I am from New Zealand, female and do not work for that team (just to put to rest any accusations before they start)
Old 28 Oct 2003, 04:13 (Ref:765339)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It seems we have some comediennes around...

I tend to agree with you David, there are teams out there in the middle of the field who are ignored completely by the broadcaster..

Perhaps as part of the new-for-2004 Teams Licence agreement there can be a section guaranteeing a minimum airtime requirement per franchise from the Home of Motorsport.

It would give guys like Tratt, Thexton, Bairdo, Larko, Bargs, McConville and anyone else that has been largely ignored all year some much needed airtime they can quantify and take to a sponsor to support their marketing case.