Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Sep 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3766149)   #126
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That's about how big the greenhouse is on the Riley p2
Old 11 Sep 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3766151)   #127
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Looks like it was made out of lego, only someone didn't read the instructions
Old 11 Sep 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3766153)   #128
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's about how big the greenhouse is on the Riley p2
Comparing to what? The whole P3 car?
Old 11 Sep 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3766154)   #129
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And entered in the wrong toy shop indeed.
Carbon tubs sportscars + riley..... a love that won't trigger
Old 11 Sep 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3766156)   #130
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
Comparing to what? The whole P3 car?
No, I mean the lmp3 and lmp2 look like they share the same greenhouse.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3766159)   #131
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Cunningham "Le Monstre" - older but surely must go near the top of any list such as this one:
It's baaack
Old 12 Sep 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3766183)   #132
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
No, I mean the lmp3 and lmp2 look like they share the same greenhouse.
That would explain the P2's pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Cunningham "Le Monstre" - older but surely must go near the top of any list such as this one:
It's baaack
Repressed memory forcibly unrepressed.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3766190)   #133
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most of the modern hybrid cars are utterly hideous to look at, totally disproportioned and designed to a rule book and an aero geek.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3766209)   #134
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

I dont the find failed AMR LMP1 to be ugly, I think its quite nice actually especially in the Gulf livery. Its sad that the project didn't really go anyway. It didn't do anything right. Its not like they built a car that was actually reliable but off the pace-that would've been better, weirdly enough. But the car was neither reliable or fast-well we never got to see its potential because the damn thing always broke down before then.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3766212)   #135
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

I dont the find failed AMR LMP1 to be ugly, I think its quite nice actually especially in the Gulf livery. Its sad that the project didn't really go anyway. It didn't do anything right. Its not like they built a car that was actually reliable but off the pace-that would've been better, weirdly enough. But the car was neither reliable or fast-well we never got to see its potential because the damn thing always broke down before then.

actually in late 2010 prodrive revealed that only for 2011 season AMR was going to field the car as a work team, because the main aim was to sell cars to customers from 2012.
Because of that, in the most optimistic scenario, the amr-one could be as competitive as an arx-03a or a lola coupè.

Anyway, to step from a coupè to an open car for 2011 lmp1 rules was already a clue of a not big budget project.....

BTW the customers program became real from a certain point of view being the two cars sold, and from them the first delta wing and pescarolo 03 were born....
Old 12 Sep 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3766249)   #136
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Bentley Continental GT is hideous. It's like a boat.

You can't say any of the recent LMP cars are pretty, there's too much aero. Group C beauty they ain't.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3766262)   #137
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Nooooooooooo! The Bentley is awesome - because it's so big, it just towers over those silly little Ferraris and Lambos and it sounds all shouty. Love the Bentleys
Old 12 Sep 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3766268)   #138
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yep, the Bentley rules.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3766269)   #139
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Heresy! It's a WWII bomber if anything.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3766300)   #140
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Some weird sports prototypes from Argentina:

Old 12 Sep 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3766331)   #141
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Argentina and Brazil are the leaders in the "racecars that look like they were built in a shed over the weekend while consuming hundreds of beers" category.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3766333)   #142
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Argentina and Brazil are the leaders in the "racecars that look like they were built in a shed over the weekend while consuming hundreds of beers" category.

Without a doubt.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3766336)   #143
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Without a doubt.
and those are some of the most well put together looking cars in the country! The only things that look less sketchy are the TC/Super TC2000 cars.

There's a series in Argentina that has cars that look like American Modifieds, just as if someone had described how they looked to the person building it without showing any pictures.

American Modified:

I'd love to show you the Argentinian monstrosity, I just don't know the name of the series.

Edit:// FOUND EM. Apparently called "TC Zonal" cars.

Last edited by Matt; 12 Sep 2017 at 17:23.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3766350)   #144
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
well then, Mr. Munster.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3766355)   #145
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Argentina has a great racing scene.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3766358)   #146
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Absolutely.

The cars themselves look horrendous and thrown together 95% of the time though.

Super TC2000 are definitely the most "put together well" looking cars they've got, and they still seem a little off.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3766359)   #147
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Absolutely.

The cars themselves look horrendous
They are just different.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3766364)   #148
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia

I don't even.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3766394)   #149
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
The Lister Storm never looked quite right to me.
Attached Thumbnails
d72b439b3c75bba9217ef5b31db2c099.jpg  
Old 12 Sep 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3766402)   #150
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The Lister Storm never looked quite right to me.
The road car which was basically the racecar sans the wing on the back looked worse in my eyes. No real curves just a big block of angles with a Jaguar V12 in it. The racecar on the other hand whilst not classically beautiful in any way, did have quite some appeal in my eyes as in race trim it looked quite muscular in a purposeful way even though the shape wasn't much different then the road car.

Bentley GT3 is a beautiful car even though its the size of a block of flats.

If you harked back before GT3 started and someone said they were going to take a Bentley GT racing, I think people would've laughed but here we are.

Hearing the M Sport cars going around Mt Panorama was an absolute treat for the ears, I know people have likened it to a bomber of some kind and I can see why with that rumble it makes.