Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3762393)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
This thread should be moved to the North American subforum.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3762396)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, yes and no. I guess for current context, perhaps. Let's see what interest there is over the next week or so.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3762665)   #28
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Sooner or later, each major IMSA team will have its own thread, I think.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3762929)   #29
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I wonder if in a few years we will be able to see a Joest Mazda in Le Mans with this new Mazda engine technology.
Mazda Reveals Revolutionary Spark-Less Gas Engine, that produce a more efficient combustion, which keeps fuel economy high and emissions low. It should also reduce the chance for the air-fuel mixture to combust prematurely, which is known as knocking. Mazda claims that, in conjunction with a supercharger, the Skyactiv-X engine could deliver "unprecedented" engine response and increase torque by 10 to 30 percent over the current family of gas engines. This technology can also improve engine efficiency by 20 to 30 percent compared to the current Skyactiv-G gas engine.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/n...like-a-diesel/
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...d-spark-plugs/
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/8/8...ngine-7740476/
I believe AER will continue to look after the Mazda IMSA engine, they are adamant their engine is on-par with the others, but have suffered with a highly unreliable installation and inexperienced team, so they tell me.....so now no excuses now with Joest......

I doubt very much you will see any of the the mentioned technologies in the Mazda race engine, but I know Mazda road-cars are releasing a 2.5 Litre 4-pot to make them on-par with V8 performance in the road-car market......so an easy strategy to make the IMSA I4 engine more torquey and competitive with the low end grunt of the V6 turos and the Caddy GM V8 would be to simply increase its displacement from 2.0 to 2.5 Litres......really they should have done this many years ago

To compound that, they may want to get into Turbulent Jet Injection (TJI), which is all the rage in F1 for the past 3 years......its worth a lot of performance and economy

I think the I4 is a good engine, but its just marginally too small on swept capacity, but its easily fixed.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3762989)   #30
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Sparkless Ignition for petrol engine. Basically automotive philosopher's stone.
Nonsense! Ever hear of a hotbulb engine? What do you think powers the combustion engines of Radio Controlled cars? Because it isn't a spark plug

Just being humorous, but in all seriousness, I find the saying "what's old is new again" to be true in many forms. I think many of the old technologies will make a return but with a modern twist in order to meet the future demands in the evolution that is the Internal Combustion Engine (efficiency, emissions, etc). Someone mentioned Formula 1's TJI. It's essentially prechamber ingition (indirect injection) tech with a modern touch.