Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 3 Dec 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4020316)   #46
Derwent
Rookie

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
It is a great shame particularly as there is a seven week gap between Brands Superprix and Oulton Gold Cup. Grids were usually good when there was a two week gap between Silverstone Classic and Croft but poor when only one week and I think that the 2021 Classic is scheduled for the first weekend in August which was the traditional date for Croft.

Was there a Croft Revival event planned for 2020?
No ti was never on the schedule, although initially there was some suggestion of a rebranding with some trendy title.
Old 3 Dec 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4020349)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just received an E Mail from MRL, there will be an E Type 60th anniversary race on the Saturday afternoon of the Silverstone Classic.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 3 Dec 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4020472)   #48
Type 51
Rookie

Type 51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Members Meeting now 15/16 May according to the Goodwood website
Old 4 Dec 2020, 07:09 (Ref:4020524)   #49
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Blimey it'll be almost tropical compared to normal!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Dec 2020, 08:27 (Ref:4020534)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, it clashes with Spa Classic and HSCC Silverstone.

Edit: There are many clashes next year and I still haven't added all the calendars.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Dec 2020 at 08:45.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

Old 4 Dec 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4020551)   #51
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think HSCC Silverstone is the following weekend?
Old 4 Dec 2020, 11:07 (Ref:4020563)   #52
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
Last thing venues and competitors need is loads of clashes next year surely?

Scheduling needs to be as simple as possible for everyone after all the disruption this year.

Having 2 or more big historic meetings on the same weekend will dilute things.

I don't suppose organisers will get their heads together and combine certain meetings so that more benefit is there?
Old 8 Dec 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4021554)   #53
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Last thing venues and competitors need is loads of clashes next year surely?

Scheduling needs to be as simple as possible for everyone after all the disruption this year.

Having 2 or more big historic meetings on the same weekend will dilute things.

I don't suppose organisers will get their heads together and combine certain meetings so that more benefit is there?
Do not want to worry you but France still seem to be in trouble, Today I have received an e mail that The Paris Airshow in June has been cancelled for 2021.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 11:45 (Ref:4021556)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup, that's been a point of discussion in the Le Mans thread, but it may be financial rather than Covid per se. The air industry has been severely impacted.

Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4021828)   #55
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the consensus on the VSCC Pomeroy Trophy taking place on Feb 14th at Silverstone?
Old 12 Dec 2020, 11:42 (Ref:4022328)   #56
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deleted
Old 12 Dec 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4022431)   #57
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have competed in it and marshalled at it. More fun for competitors than spectators. I suspect that it will take place without spectators and normal distancing/masking for everyone else.
Old 12 Dec 2020, 23:30 (Ref:4022479)   #58
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
I have competed in it and marshalled at it. More fun for competitors than spectators. I suspect that it will take place without spectators and normal distancing/masking for everyone else.
I have done it many times - I did look up the date planned on the Silverstone site and there is running event scheduled for that day
Old 4 Jan 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4026667)   #59
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dates for the 2021 Swedish Historic races are now published:

May 22-23: Kinnekulle Ring
June 19-20: Gelleråsen, Karlskoga
July 3-4: Ring Knutstorp
August 21-22: Mantorp Park
September 18-19: Falkenberg

Open to all Appendix K cars with either an HTP or a national VIF of similar contents as an HTP (check with the organisers first to see if you national VIF will be accepted).
Old 6 Jan 2021, 08:25 (Ref:4027099)   #60
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter already added Copenhagen HGP to the calendar, 6/8 Aug, more info here:
https://www.chgp.dk/?lang=en
No place like Tivoli Garden…
"J'vais le renvoyer tout droit ā la maison mčre, le gugusse de Montauban, au terminus des prétentieux! Moi quand on m'en fait trop, j'correctionne plus, j'dynamite, j'disperse et j'ventile." M. Audiard.