Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 5 Dec 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4020794)   #1
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Licence renewals

Has anyone had a licence renewal yet?
Don't they usually turn up in November?
Old 5 Dec 2020, 16:41 (Ref:4020796)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can do it online.
Old 5 Dec 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4020809)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
MSUK put something out a while back, saying renewals would be delayed until 'early December'. I reckon they're wondering what to do about medicals as of course one cannot just waltz in to see your GP (or any other doc for that matter) and get a private medical done just now.... except Mark Green and he can't do ten thousand of them !
Old 5 Dec 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4020815)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
There's a discount advertised if you renew ASAP. 25% (renewals not new licences). The rates have been frozen.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 5 Dec 2020, 19:36 (Ref:4020817)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
MSUK put something out a while back, saying renewals would be delayed until 'early December'. I reckon they're wondering what to do about medicals as of course one cannot just waltz in to see your GP (or any other doc for that matter) and get a private medical done just now.... except Mark Green and he can't do ten thousand of them !
Call me a cynic but I think where GPs are concerned as soon as money is mentioned they will be willing to see you.
Old 5 Dec 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4020820)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing for me . I have to do stressed ECG this time . What joy and expensive .
Old 5 Dec 2020, 23:31 (Ref:4020844)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Nothing for me . I have to do stressed ECG this time . What joy and expensive .
I was lucky in that respect when I was racing as one of my customers was in charge of the stress related program at a local hospital and did it for nothing.
She always laughed as she normally only dealt with "ill" people and had to alter the machinery for me
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Dec 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4021434)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
There's a discount advertised if you renew ASAP. 25% (renewals not new licences). The rates have been frozen.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Discount only if you had a 2020 licence, of course.....as I didn't renew mine this year - no discount - which is fair enough.

The info you'll need is here: https://www.motorsportuk.org/competi...ence-renewals/

They seem to be saying renewals will start on 14/12/20

Doesn't seem to be any sign of relaxation with regard to medicals - and as I'm now 70 I'll need one.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 04:07 (Ref:4021510)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Discount only if you had a 2020 licence, of course.....as I didn't renew mine this year - no discount - which is fair enough.

The info you'll need is here: https://www.motorsportuk.org/competi...ence-renewals/

Doesn't seem to be any sign of relaxation with regard to medicals - and as I'm now 70 I'll need one.

Bit different here in Germany,no doctors appointment just an eye test then send back the form.Int C license arrived yesterday after a four day wait 😁
Old 8 Dec 2020, 07:37 (Ref:4021522)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange how things go right in Germany compared to France! Interesting to compare the price of an itn C in some countries. Only the insurances are different.
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old 8 Dec 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4021528)   #11
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

I missed any notice of when they would start and merrily applied for my licence on Sunday, got confirmation back that application had been successful on Sunday evening. Luckily didn't need a medical this time out.

Interesting approach was that when you get to the payment page, you have to actively opt in to the discount. If you miss that you'll finish up paying the full amount - be warned
Old 8 Dec 2020, 12:17 (Ref:4021560)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok I have just spoke to MSUK and most of the forms were sent last week. 2nd batch going out shortly.He very quickly looked at my details to tell me i need stressed ECG. Excellent service.He also said to get the licence done in the new year but before end of Jan so as to get the 25% discount.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 12:37 (Ref:4021563)   #13
Tim Barry
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rainham, Kent, UK
Tim Barry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just called Motorsports UK and was most impressed with service. I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic and am now 61 so was concerned about the medicals required as my GP and consultant seem to take forever to get a "non-urgent" appointment (Don't they realise the life-affirming importance of club motorsport to us competitors!!). However, I was told that because my last medical was in June and I'm reapplying for a Race National I will not require one for 2021. Result! And like Mr. Delta he advised me to check the discount box or I wouldn't get the 25% off.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 19:47 (Ref:4021631)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And of course prompted by this discussion my licence renewal docs arrived today, as did those for my race partner.

Interesting that they acknowledge the difficulty of getting medicals - saying they've issued a list of doctors available, although I haven't checked that yet, but also offering the possibility of a waiver of the requirement for a medical if "no underlying conditions" . I'm on tablets for high blood pressure, like half the people I know of my age, so I'm guessing that excludes me
Old 9 Dec 2020, 07:17 (Ref:4021699)   #15
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Booked my medical with Racing Medics yesterday, he will take you anytime to suit your requirments.
Simples.