Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Indycar cat fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXUd6n1Vti8

Danica V Milka.

would of loved to see them go at it **** the crew off and let them have their fight i would watch that for sure. also i love the balaclavathrow.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 05:01 (Ref:2256323)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL , well there ya go.

Sadly it does seem Danica has a point.

The officials need to start having a rel close look at Milka
Old 23 Jul 2008, 05:58 (Ref:2256336)   #3
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I would hope that the IRL has a designated minimum lap time for each circuit that every car must maintain during the race (excluding pit laps of course).
Old 23 Jul 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2256747)   #4
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
I would hope that the IRL has a designated minimum lap time for each circuit that every car must maintain during the race (excluding pit laps of course).
I'm pretty sure they don't. The old F1 107% rule was pretty generous in my opinion. If that were applied to Helio's pole time from last weekend (1:07.2480), she would have had to run a 1:11.9554 or better. She turned a 1:12.2709, or about 107.47% of Castroneves' pole time. That's pretty badly off of the pace, if you ask me.

However, Danica needs to grow up, as I have mentioned in this forum numerous times. Put her in the D&R car and see how she does. Better, but I'd guess not by as much as people think. Or as much as DP thinks.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2256842)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rice's performances in the other D&R car suggest that it's not an awful ride, although clearly a long way behind AGR. Duno and Roth are probably the worst guys out there, but are they any worse than half of the 1996-2001 regulars? Any driver can make a mistake - imagine the attacks if Duno had spun under yellow the way Dixon did at Watkins Glen?
Old 23 Jul 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2256865)   #6
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Danica's just acting up again for the camera's, and probably the sponsors now as well.

Milka's pace might not be up there, but with the ALMS experience that she has had, I'm sure she knows how to handle herself when it comes to letting people pass her or not.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2256908)   #7
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

All of us know how bad Milka (and Marty) is. All the other drivers know. So who creates a scene? 'Stompin Danica'. Ashley Judd is the only other person to comment publicaly and she didn't create a scene.
I am sure more than a few of the other drivers have had issues with Milka.
But the 'Princess' makes an issue of it and handily there is a film crew there to record it.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 04:52 (Ref:2256952)   #8
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
There's a film crew anywhere at a track where it looks like fisticuffs might break out.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 05:35 (Ref:2256959)   #9
MickAU
Racer

MickAU has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
One thinks its becoming an all too common occurrence huh!!
Interesting looking at the 107% time...I thought most Series' had some sort of minimum qualification time?
Briscoe didn't do too badly when he deputised in the D&R car...
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2257138)   #10
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Rice's performances in the other D&R car suggest that it's not an awful ride, although clearly a long way behind AGR. Duno and Roth are probably the worst guys out there, but are they any worse than half of the 1996-2001 regulars? Any driver can make a mistake - imagine the attacks if Duno had spun under yellow the way Dixon did at Watkins Glen?
Yes, Buddy Rice's performances in the D&R car of late have been impressive. But Buddy Rice is a proven, race winning driver. Milka, on the other hand, has not ever done anything that I can recall. And neither has DP (aside from her suspect win at Motegi). I'm not saying she'd be 5 seconds off the pace. More like 2.5-3.

Also, the reason that Scott Dixon can spin like he did at the Glen and not suffer the ridicule that would surely befall Milka is that Dixon doesn't do that type of thing very often. The last bonehead move that I can recall was him spinning and crashing into pit wall while attempting to enter pit lane at Homestead in 2004. It seems like you can find something to scratch your head about every week with Duno.

And I agree with your comment regarding the back half of the original field. There are certainly other drivers who border on her level of talent. Anyone remember Dr. Jack Miller? It seems like anyone could get a license to drive an IRL car back in those days.

Last edited by mattcat; 24 Jul 2008 at 11:52.