Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Aug 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1058251)   #26
Padre
Rookie

Padre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe

Living in Florida also, I have seen communities strive to establish 'artistic' areas, and then been bothered by the apperance of the artists, their work, their patrons, etc.

I don't know, is there a place that the silly nuts people can be sent to, where they would all be happy? I am willing to chip in towards tickets for that.
Isn't that what Florida is for? To send all of the grayhairs and cooks and crazies to get them out of the rest of our hair??

Padre
Old 6 Aug 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1058314)   #27
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To answer Paul and Tim, yes, Mosport did have Bog-like qualities in the late '60s and early '70s, to the point where my father no longer brought the family to the track for pro events. I remember improvements to the camping areas and increased security aimed at bringing order to the chaos as being introduced in the mid to late '70s (I was there for the Can Am II event in July of '76). The rowdiness remained for some years after that but I bet that in its heyday Mosport did indeed have prostitutes and all other kinds of fun to add to the racing.

Luckily at that time it was still so far out in the country that only a few cows probably noticed. Haven't been there in ten years (since I moved west) but I hear the city is coming up to meet the track. It was starting to happen when I left.

keke
Old 6 Aug 2004, 14:48 (Ref:1058334)   #28
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Tim, I think you have a virus.

To paul-collins:

I have had my Info Systems guy run diagnostics (Norton) and my hard drive is clean....

We also have an automatic system that scans everything that comes into our network and quarrantines viruses....

However, my Microsoft Windows did pick up something that causes tons of pop-ups...and over the past few weeks, I've had to go into SpyBot to "fix the problems" before running Outlook or anything else....ever since that began to occur, my posts have sometime shown some key words underlined in green...or when they are "quoted" here, they show up like they did in the post that prompted you to reply with the quote above...

Does that indicate that a virus may be hidden in my system??

If there is something "hidden" in my system that the Virus detector software is not picking up, PLEASE let me know via e-mail or PM, and let me info or areas that my IS guys should be looking at to find it....

If you are somehow getting e-mails from me that have "Netsky" or any other virus attached, PLEASE let me know that as well....

I sure don't want to be the Forum's equivalent of "Typhoid Mary" when it comes to viruses....they suck

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 18:20 (Ref:1058572)   #29
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Padre
Isn't that what Florida is for? To send all of the grayhairs and cooks and crazies to get them out of the rest of our hair??

Padre
HEY!!!! Not much of my hair is actually grey--it falls out before it turns grey

I am proud to be called a kook and crazy......

Burning cars are also a Daytona 24 Hour tradition. Nothing maliscious, just building campfire too close to vehicle (or parking on top of someone else's campfire.....)
Old 11 Aug 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1063234)   #30
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Wow...this hurts me (track proposal hearing notes)

Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
On the drugs and prostitution quote, I have to say "bring it on!" We don't get any of that at Mosport... Ah, well, I'll just stick to beer and wine this weekend.

Didn't you come to Corner 2??
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 11 Aug 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1063245)   #31
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speaking of Conter 2:

In the "ALMS Qualifying Thread," Liz said she was going to do a "survey of sober beings" there to see what they thought of the new Qualifying Format from the "Fan" perspective...

I haven't looked at RFM this week (too busy at work)...

any "preliminary results??"

Old 11 Aug 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1063249)   #32
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We couldn't find anyone sober

I still say it sucked - but Petersen's did very well by it and so did the Lizards. I'll ask Liz to post her findings.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1063294)   #33
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Qualifying was icky.

Tim, I think you have a smart tag plugin (from Kazaa?).

http://www.smithfam.com/news/aug01aa.html
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 Aug 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1063300)   #34
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I don't visit that site...I think they are pirates who cheat talented people (performers) out of $$$ they should be getting...

I have no idea how it got into my system...but thanks for letting me know...