Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 May 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2462507)   #176
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just received H and H catalogue and see there are a couple of Rochdale cars for sale.If you dont have a copy Joe i will send you mine.
Old 15 May 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2462757)   #177
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd heard about these . . . .but I've already got one
I'd still like a Tornado Talisman though, in fact I'd be tempted to swap for the Rochadale if the right one came up
Old 20 Jul 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2504746)   #178
calex_fr
Rookie

France
France
calex_fr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He Joe,

have you any news about this project?

Best regards

Seventies Classic Club Trophy
Old 5 Aug 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2516431)   #179
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I just tripped over this mob on Flickr, and this thread popped into my head. Dunno why? Does anyone here have one?
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1124222@N20/
Old 6 Aug 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2516514)   #180
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, I have the yellow one at the event.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2516627)   #181
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the chaps on my forum is building a wide body Olympic :

He doesn't update his thread very often, last update was that is was getting a K series with 1.9 block by Scholar Engines and VHPD head, apparently. Mated to the modifiers best friend, the Ford Type9 box.

Hopefully it'll be finished this year
Old 6 Aug 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2516698)   #182
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTWire View Post
One of the chaps on my forum is building a wide body Olympic :

He doesn't update his thread very often, last update was that is was getting a K series with 1.9 block by Scholar Engines and VHPD head, apparently. Mated to the modifiers best friend, the Ford Type9 box.

Hopefully it'll be finished this year
Look forward to seeing it in the 2010 Spa 6 hours
Old 6 Aug 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2516711)   #183
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sometimes you can be very cruel you know?
Old 6 Aug 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2516731)   #184
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
makes my flared arches look positively tame

probably a bit narrow for App K though
Old 6 Aug 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2516752)   #185
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually it does look good though doesn't it?
Old 6 Aug 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2516766)   #186
HoTWire
Racer

.. one of 'our' problems is that we tend to modify cars in such a way that they don't end up with any kind of reasonable regs they can race under. I think it is why Drag racing is so popular. A few guys are running hillclimbs now days, just living with being in Sports Libre and enjoying running their cars rather than being competative.

As you can see from my other recent thread I really want to get people to think about modifying for track,.. or at least spectating more

Forgot to include a link to the build thread : http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...d=48511&page=1
Old 6 Aug 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2516883)   #187
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Stone me that looks serious? My next question has to be...

Why???

It was pretty enough the way it was.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2516893)   #188
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
the car already looks miles better than the engine thats planned!

mine had flared arches in period, and still has, it ran, and will run period FOrd wheels which will work with the weight and power as per eriod spec and should be eligible for lots of stuff . . . hopefully an MoT first!

that probably going to be another 5 years or more at the current rate!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2516894)   #189
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Stone me that looks serious? My next question has to be...

Why???

It was pretty enough the way it was.
Why not though? It's an old car and back when I was a yoof we "modified" Ford Pops, and anything else we could get our hands on, but mostly Ford Pops.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2516897)   #190
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
this exampls seems pretty extreme, as is 'duffy' although I think it looks good, I'm not a huge fan of the original arches and detail but do think mine looks the business.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2516907)   #191
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think a Jag floating rear axle would be the icing on the cake. We did that to ford pops too.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2516930)   #192
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose it could be labled as a Continuation car,nobody would know the difference then.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2516938)   #193
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Well, if it's good enough for THAT sort of behaviour, why not stick a 289 in it? I saw a Europa that had been thus tweaked at the Classic last year. I really wanted that car!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2517025)   #194
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see some more images of the flared arches. I may have to do something similar if less extreme. The rear guards on the yellow car are already flared out 25mm, but I cut the guards up to the top of the guard and then back to the bumper before remoulding...I did not add enough it seems as they rub at high speed.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2517179)   #195
HoTWire
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Why not though? It's an old car and back when I was a yoof we "modified" Ford Pops, and anything else we could get our hands on, but mostly Ford Pops.
yeah same kinds of people different decade V8 Minors, Cosworth Capris, Nissan Turbo powered Spitfires,.. all that kind of thing (not so many Jag axles now days ).

Sorry Zef I didn't mean to derail your thread, got a lot of love for Olympics

I'm not sure how much filler is in those arches and what that'll do to the body weight, but I guess the advantage of Fibreglass bodies is that modifying profiles and radius' is relatively easy. ... relatively.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2517246)   #196
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
HoTWire . . .it wasn't my thread! and I haven't had any time to do anything for months anyway so bring it on
Old 8 Aug 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2518178)   #197
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
So, there I am, taking pictures today, out at Becketts...
The post Observer comes across, and asks.

"What's that orange car over the other side? I thought E type, or maybe Porsche..."

So who was in that orange Rochdale today at Silverstone? Plus I found a Tornado!!!! Never seen one before.
Old 9 Aug 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2518241)   #198
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
So, there I am, taking pictures today, out at Becketts...
The post Observer comes across, and asks.

"What's that orange car over the other side? I thought E type, or maybe Porsche..."

So who was in that orange Rochdale today at Silverstone? Plus I found a Tornado!!!! Never seen one before.
Don't know who owned it but it was parked up next to me for most of the morning.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2587227)   #199
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
The Orange Rochdale belongs to a confirmed nut case! . . .he has 2 Tornado Talismans as well,

heres mine . . .back in the summer of 69 ( but with a decent sound track )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKVmLHGkoSw