Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2595459)   #51
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what version of the track the Classic and the other main events (HSCC, MG Live!) will be using. it seems incredible that the International circuit, including Bridge, seems to be off the menu!
Old 7 Dec 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2595461)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The new GP track with odd Historic bits.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2595470)   #53
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
The new GP track with odd Historic bits.
Is that the existing GP track without the chicane type bits or the even newer MotoGP track that, apparently, they how to get approval (from the FIA) to use in 2010 for the just announced F1 race?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2595519)   #54
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Keep up guys; this was all mentioned from #20; it's like deja vu!

The fact is, however, if anyone is watching/reading who has any influence over this, the inclusion of a modern series race in one of the UK's key historic race meetings is, bluntly, totally silly (which is the politest way I can put it). I still can't take the idea seriously.
Totally agree John- I don't see what purpose is served by putting a round of a modern one-make saloon championship on the programme of what's supposed to be a major historic meeting. I presume Fiat UK are putting up some support for the meeting in return for getting their new series some exposure- though I can't help wondering how many of the Silverstone Classic crowd will just use the Fiat race as an opportunity to go off for a tea break...

Funnily enough, it's not the only curious choice of meeting on their calendar- apart from a couple of more expected support slots at FIA F2, WTCC, and British F3 & GT meetings, they're also apparently scheduled to appear at Snetterton- supporting British Superbike! I can't imagine their presence being particularly welcomed there either....
Old 7 Dec 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2595522)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can imagine the Marshal's being pretty busy straight after the race,picking up the empty beer cans!
Old 7 Dec 2009, 20:36 (Ref:2595674)   #56
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Terry? they won't be empty. Just not filled with beer...
Old 7 Dec 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2595676)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I can imagine the Marshal's being pretty busy straight after the race,picking up the empty beer cans!
Well hopefully all the Marshall's will be picking up full ones at the Delta BBQ. Then emptied them
Old 7 Dec 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2595736)   #58
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope not,you ever opened a can thats been chucked about?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2595742)   #59
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
We normally put our cans straight in the bin Terry After 20+ Arbarths going around the ''GP'' circuit a dozen times, we'd soon be p****d !!!!!