Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2596105)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Take me back there please.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2596113)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Take me back there please.
Im comming as well.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2596133)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boxing Day at Brands was one part of Christmas I looked forward to in those days.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2596136)   #29
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
and even those funny hillclimb cars with passengers jumping up and down.
Don't be rude!! We are still going and SWMBO is still jumping up and and down at the grand old age of 68!!!
Old 8 Dec 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2596157)   #30
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
. I would pay if I didnt have to have that wretched kickball and I am not making a contribution to those prima donna's coffers.
I pay an extra £1 a month for Sky's 'News & Events' pack which includes Motors TV & Eurosport 1 & 2 - and no Premiership handbags. Sorry, football.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2596169)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Really, I will look into that thanks.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2596349)   #32
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Kent Walton/Jackie Pallo/Mick Mcmanus/ Steve Logan. My old mum loved it.

.........and don't forget Billy Two Rivers .....
Old 8 Dec 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2596373)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
.........and don't forget Billy Two Rivers .....
One of the guys I went to school with turned up on a Monday sporting a "Billy Two Rivers" mohican haircut. He was banned until it grew, how things have altered !
Off thread as usual . I got to know Pat Roach in later life when he was in a Robin Hood remake, and used my house as a backdrop. A really nice bloke that unfortunately died of cancer a few years back.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 8 Dec 2009 at 23:12.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Dec 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2596374)   #34
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and "Bad Boy" Bobby Barnes, "Cyanide" Sid Cooper (previously known as Cry Baby Cooper), Les Kellet, and my personal favourite Mark "Rollerball" Rocco

Hello again, grapple fans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwDOyecwcuo

Have a good time, till next time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Ovx-8u_hU

We're gonna have to call on the St Johns Ambulance Boys...

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 8 Dec 2009 at 23:15.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2596379)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I'll tell you a tale about Giant Haystacks aka Big Ron on EastEnders now sadly departed but not on line! If you want to hear that one you will have to come to the 10/10ths Lunch at the Ace Cafe on the 30th!
Old 8 Dec 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2596390)   #36
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just looked that up "big ron" was ron tarr , "giant haystacks" was martin ruanne .sorry if i've gone waaaay off topic .
Old 9 Dec 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2596393)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zan..._of_Robin_Hood
This was the film that was shot on location in my village in the UK.
Pat Roach was also still wrestling as well as being in this film, Morgan Fairchild (Maid Marion) asked me to take her to Tunbridge Wells to see Pat fight Giant Haystacks at the Assembly Hall and was recognised as soon as we walked in.
Sue on one arm and Ms Fairchild on the other I felt like a million dollars.
Anyway Pat got duffed up in a couple of rounds and the film was rubbish.
Now what was this thread about ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Dec 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2596492)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwoody View Post
just looked that up "big ron" was ron tarr , "giant haystacks" was martin ruanne .sorry if i've gone waaaay off topic .
Big Ron was still a wrestler though, I may have got the tie in with Giant Haystacks wrong, tell you what though he was a big bugger in real life!
Old 9 Dec 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2596516)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Why do some people always complain that there is nothing on TV about classic cars and then as soon as an atempt is made to actually do something then those same people rubbish it.

Sure it is not perfect but people must be aware that if they keep rubbishing these things then they will only get reality TV programmes and soaps, better to watch these programmes and if enough people watch it then the TV companies will make more and they will enevitable get better.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2596523)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hear, Hear, a voice of reason and exactly what I was trying to say. Not perfect no but where else would you see footage from an AMOC meeting on TV at the moment and terrestrial TV at that? I will be setting my recorder to make sure I see the next eppisodes.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2596704)   #41
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Yep!Can't please the Brits only happy when they have something to moan about.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2596725)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I can't wait for the next episode of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2596752)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
God now that was bad!
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2596753)   #44
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Why do some people always complain that there is nothing on TV about classic cars and then as soon as an atempt is made to actually do something then those same people rubbish it.

Sure it is not perfect but people must be aware that if they keep rubbishing these things then they will only get reality TV programmes and soaps, better to watch these programmes and if enough people watch it then the TV companies will make more and they will enevitable get better.

Well said.

we must be thankful for small mercies. No programme is perfect but at least they are trying.

Let's keep positive about this.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2596757)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,Very Trying.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2596762)   #46
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Terry you are getting an old cynic and I thought I was bad! You can now pick up the 10/10ths Victor Meldrew trophy.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2596786)   #47
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zan..._of_Robin_Hood
This was the film that was shot on location in my village in the UK.
Pat Roach was also still wrestling as well as being in this film, Morgan Fairchild (Maid Marion) asked me to take her to Tunbridge Wells to see Pat fight Giant Haystacks at the Assembly Hall and was recognised as soon as we walked in.
Sue on one arm and Ms Fairchild on the other I felt like a million dollars.
Anyway Pat got duffed up in a couple of rounds and the film was rubbish.
Now what was this thread about ?
Was Pat Roach also in Auf............. Pet?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2596800)   #48
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Yes that was him. He was in more films than people realised.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Roach
Old 10 Dec 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2597223)   #49
Chris Roden
Racer

Chris Roden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"A race car is born" on Quest (freeview 38) at 18:00 & 18:30 is quite entertaining at the moment.
He has finished building a Westfield, last night he did a track day & an Autotest, tonight IIRC he is soing a hillclimb at Gurston & a race at Donington.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2597653)   #50
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To paraphrase Clarkson - "how bad can it be?"