Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Jul 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4117898)   #676
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
SC #3 for #3

--

how can Kruetten still be in front after missing the chicane? Shouldn't he give up the position?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4117899)   #677
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
ELMS not on RLM this year I understand

Wasn't sure.

Sad state of affairs.

Thx
Old 3 Jul 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4117900)   #678
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Sad state of affairs.
Thx
What's wrong with the commentators on YouTube / ELMS official?

I rather enjoy it
Old 3 Jul 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4117901)   #679
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

I rather enjoy it
Both thoroughly lovely people!
Old 3 Jul 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4117903)   #680
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I rather enjoy it

Nothing, just great to have an audio feed when you can't watch it.

Was always great to have the option.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4117904)   #681
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:

OK, I get it know.
I didn't think of the "when you can't watch" part.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 11:13 (Ref:4117906)   #682
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Cameron & Fassbender touch first, then Fassbender spins and collects a chunk of the cars behind.
Just watching on a bit of a delay. Loads of talk about him dropping it on the kerb but he's turned across the front of Cameron and got contacted into a spin.

Got to feel for Robichon - really not getting the best crack at these European races.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4117908)   #683
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

There is an audio only option btw

Open the ELMS website on live timing - there's a radio icon at top of timing screen

Same as WEC
Old 3 Jul 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4117909)   #684
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
@ELMS commentators
#9 Prema DID stop during FCY, Colombo is on his 5th lap just as Lapierre
Old 3 Jul 2022, 11:37 (Ref:4117911)   #685
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Thx - we have a strategy set-up but internet failed!
Old 3 Jul 2022, 11:49 (Ref:4117913)   #686
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
#9 potentially being pinged for a pit violation.

Where have I heard that before...
Old 3 Jul 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4117915)   #687
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
#9 potentially being pinged for a pit violation.

Where have I heard that before...
All of the previous races?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4117916)   #688
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Delétraz is just slow ... that's odd...
Old 3 Jul 2022, 12:35 (Ref:4117918)   #689
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Is there a car left that won't have had a penalty for pit stop violations?

Edit - All cars that have stopped now won't make it to the end without a caution.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4117921)   #690
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
#83 pushing #60 into pit lane. Somehow that seems like a fitting end to this race.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4118161)   #691
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watched it in 4 or 5 instalments but what a race!

Where on earth did that Idec pace come from? Absolutely smashed the rest of the field once the Pros got in.

Some really impressive performances and awesome hard racing. Loved it.

On a side note: the ELMS live streaming on YT makes it so much easier to watch the race back - whether it's on a slight delay whilst live, or catching up later. I wish IMSA had something like this - their IMSA TV offering just isn't good enough as a live proposition. If you miss the start you're screwed, can't rewind anything you're watching and if you can't watch live you need to wait 5 or so days for them to upload to YouTube. IMSA rant over.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:20 (Ref:4118169)   #692
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
#83 pushing #60 into pit lane. Somehow that seems like a fitting end to this race.
And got DQ'd, losing the class win because of it!

It's a daft one really. I assume it was due to no fuel left. If Rigon had just parked it after the line like a few other did he'd have been fine (as long as there was enough for a sample in the tank)?

If I was Prema I'd be feeling a bit hard done by getting that post-race 10sec penalty. It was a pit entry violation during Habsburg's time in the car (the starting driver). I'm sure we heard that was being investigated just after he got out of the car. Before even half distance I think. Did the stewards just forget? That 10secs could easily have been swallowed during the late safety car and would have been largely a non-factor. Unless I've completely misinterpreted all that.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4118173)   #693
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well there's a bizarre DQ, wonder where that is in the rule book? But yes it seems a weird thing to do. Surely Rigon should have just parked it like you said?

And yes that penalty for Prema seems harsh. They should have investigated it sooner, not waited till the end. There was plenty of time to. Bad mistake by the stewards. Seems they bottled it there, unless they know something we don't
Old 4 Jul 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4118228)   #694
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if they leave something till after the race it’s so they can investigate properly with all the information and footage/data. it’s better to do that than risk making the wrong decision during the race and irrepairably damage someone’s race.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4124150)   #695
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
There was a race at Barcelona yesterday.
Nobody seems to have watched it? I did.

Prema didn't make any errors this time around and they won (again)
Old 29 Aug 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4124152)   #696
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:

I watched it!
Old 29 Aug 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4124166)   #697
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself.

As usual, the racing was great, although the driving was rather eager overall.
Old 29 Aug 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4124198)   #698
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am still watching it...
Old 29 Aug 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4124211)   #699
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Quote:
I watched it!
Ah yes. You did!

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself.
When they're at it, there's no stopping Prema.
And surely not when the others (Panis and Cool/CLX) start making mistakes.

A bit disappointing that Kruetten/Lapierre/Ye only sit 5th in the standings. I would have expected them to be much higher up.

Last edited by gert; 29 Aug 2022 at 19:40.
Old 30 Aug 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4124280)   #700
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Enjoyable race again. Watched the first 90mins live and then watched the rest instead of IMSA in the evening.

I guess under the new driver rating rules next year someone like a Colombo (or the incoming Correa) would just be gold ranked from the outset so wouldn't be able to join the lineups. Ditto Viscaal, Van der Helm and probably drivers like Floersch too.

Will be interesting to see what they do. My big fear across the grid is that it just skews too AM'y. Like, I fully recognise and value amateur drivers and their importance. But I also want to see high-quality grids with exciting young talent. I kind of feel like we're in that sweetspot at the moment, especially if Pro-Am P2s get their own podiums. A classic case of, if it aint broke...

It's going to be an interesting off-season I think.