Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 30 Jul 2022, 00:30 (Ref:4120903)   #451
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Feliks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Published by Yamaha, this month of the monthly "Powertrain Technology Internacional", a thermoelectric module for generating electricity from the heat of exhaust gases .. maybe knowledge, but not too much .. Very expensive and ineffective product ..
Page 60-61, 1-2.

https://www.ukimediaevents.com/publication/f503b03c/1

Andrew
Old 8 Aug 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4122238)   #452
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
So we have to go back to 1712 and learn the science of warm and cold again ...

Here is my example animation, how such a cold ice engine can work .. And we have 300 years to develop my concept .. I have already traveled a few years ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q66DxZB6plE

Andrew
Old 14 Aug 2022, 01:36 (Ref:4122724)   #453
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
In other Forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenV8S

Maybe you do.

Stirling engines are well known. That drawing shows an extremely crude one. Even very well designed ones have a hopelessly low power density and have no practical application.
But maybe so ...
We are already complicating the drawing. You understand this prowess the old way, and here the new has come.
You close all this business in a box of gas with a pressure of 100 atmospheres, and you take electricity from it, for 100 times better efficiency than you think .. This is also for low-temperature geothermal (50-80 degrees Celsius) and cold water, it is suitable ..
And by the way, it's very similar to my Haf Rotate engine, You can also give up round pistons .. and they can have large dimensions easily .. And then the power density will be rightly high, because everything works on Teflon seals. we deliver ice, ambient heat and we get electricity from this magic box .. of course, no emission of any by-products ..

https://youtu.be/46TI6R4vXCQ

Andrew
Old 17 Aug 2022, 00:56 (Ref:4122995)   #454
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
So outside the box, only the water to be cooled is transmitted to the cooler and back and the resulting electric current. The heat can be supplied outside the box at normal atmospheric pressure. The efficiency of the device increases 10 times (or 100).
The steam does not go anywhere, because it is in a closed circuit, and the water is similar, it does not need to be topped up, but only cooled ..
Such "boxes" can be installed downstairs in mines to produce electricity .. with high efficiency .. But basically any source of heat can be used ..
The second law of thermodynamics, she forgot to say that the efficiency of a heat engine depends not only on the temperature difference, but also largely on the pressure at which the system works.
The Feliks-Newcomen formula.

https://youtu.be/zd5uDlfDwgc?t=369

Andrew
Old 19 Aug 2022, 01:25 (Ref:4123143)   #455
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Well, Feliks -Newcomen can also make electricity from a low-temperature heat source !
Well, for example, from geothermal energy, the cooling heat of internal combustion engines, and other industrial sources that can produce this temperature of 70 degrees Celsius .. But as we pump the air out to 1/3 of the atmosphere, the steam will be formed already at a temperature of 70 degrees Celsius. I am cold water, let's say 10 degrees Celsius, and the piston pushed by the force of the
"Inner Atmosphere" will go down, because there will be almost a vacuum .... As we have such energy in abundance, efficiency is in second place ..
And as you can see, the operation of a heat engine does not depend only on temperature, as suggested by the so far known second law of thermodynamics, but also on pressure too ...

Andrew
Old 21 Aug 2022, 03:09 (Ref:4123324)   #456
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliks View Post
Here is the thermodynamic problem .. We have in a box, in a vacuum is a set of thermal engines with generators ... Will this set be more efficient than it would be normally installed without a box?
it's about how laws of thermodynamics work on the Equator, and how on the Pole.
Different temperatures
on the Equator 40 degrees Celsius and at the Pole - 40 degrees Celsius also for efficiency and the layout of the engine will be important ...?

Andrew
As you can see, I posed such a problem two years ago ..
because I knew there is a solution other than "political correctness" "
Today it is already known that we have energy from the cold too ..
And now for the next thing. my Half Rotate engine .. And its greatest advantage.
This is the BIGGEST piston engine that is technically easy to build. My Half Rotate. Its dimensions are 10 m X 8 m in diameter. The area of one side of the "piston" is 400 X 1000 = 400,000 square cm. That is the pressure of a normal atmosphere, acts on it with a force of 400,000 KG. , that is, at the pressure from the post below, at a pressure of 0.3 atmosphere, it will be a force of 120,000 KG .. So the torque on the shaft will be equal to 120,000 X 2 meters average radius .. = 240,000 Kgm. at its rotational speed of 30 rpm, the power of such half of the engine will be 7400 KW (7.4 MW), i.e. the two halves will be around 15 MW .......
So, taking Geotermia Podhala?ska, which declares 60 MW of thermal power, in the months when there is no need for heating, four such engines could also provide electricity for 24 hours a day in the amount of 60 MW .....

Andrew
Old 23 Aug 2022, 02:41 (Ref:4123469)   #457
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Since in this engine there is no loss of the working medium, we can use various, even more expensive liquids. It can be Methanol with a boiling point of 60 degrees Celsius, or even diethyl ether with a boiling point of 36 degrees Celsius .. these temperatures are for normal pressure, i.e. 1 atmosphere. When the pressure drops, so does its temperature. We can even reach 10 degrees for ether, but we have a problem with cooling the distillate should be at least 0 degrees, which we can only achieve in winter, by cooling it with the temperature of ice or negative air temperature.

Andrew
Old 29 Aug 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4124137)   #458
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Yes, that will explain why I am making fun of this Yamaha and how they apply peltiers. (not only she does the same thing) Well, first of all, the Peltier element, it is a SEMICONDUCTOR .. and it is commonly known that semiconductors, but above the temperature of 150 degrees Celsius, are damaged. But apparently, on a special and very expensive order, such Peltiers were produced, which withstand a temperature of 400 degrees Celsius ... in addition, they measure their 5% weldability, but it is not clear what to what. Well, let it be. These high-temperature Peltiers have been made to have a large temperature difference, then there will be a great feasibility then. Well, pears on the willow, because it is not a heat engine .. I will explain - it thinks that if it heats the cells to 400 degrees Celsius, they will give more electricity .. Obviously not true, because in photovoltaics electricity is created on a different principle, and basically it is independent of the cell temperature. You can spoil them only by heating them up. It is quite the same with the Peltiers. Instead of cooling the exhaust pipe with water and putting a Peltier on the water, such incredible things are made and advertised with their "wisdom". The current on the peltier does not arise only because there is a temperature difference, a phenomenon more similar to photovoltaics .. Of course, the temperature difference is needed but within a reasonable range for Peltier, i.e. 70 degrees Celsius ..

So much for the deserved Yamaha company and other wise ...

Well, since I have so much money, then I schematically drew my Half Rotate for Newcomen, rework two "cylinders" so that atmospheric pressure had free access to "pistons"

Andrew
Old 28 Sep 2022, 05:29 (Ref:4127709)   #459
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Well, don't worry All, I'll post the next steps ...
so that there was no shock therapy, with my inventions, I also started publishing, so that everyone could easily understand what it is because they know Boyle a little and know what pressure P is. then the engine will have 5 times more torque .. increasing the temperature of steam conversion only by 30 degrees Celsius .. And this is understandable, although the proportions are already fundamentally different than in the second law of thermodynamics .. But now, as already is quite understandable, we will not associate this efficiency with pressure,
a weight that can easily replace this pressure .. and perhaps is less technically troublesome ..
Well, now the calculation of one of my Half Rotate cylinders, 400 x 1000 = 400,000 square cm, will give us 2,000,000 KG at 5 atm (2000 tons), i.e. the average torque x 2 meters = 4,000,000 kgm and at a speed of 30 rpm min = 123 MW of electric power from one space ..
And that's it, with a childish temperature of only 130 degrees Celsius, 5 atmospheres of pressure .. and a completely closed medium circulation.
Well, everyone can see that in such an engine, it really does not depend on heat, which has increased by 30 degrees .. the motor torque has increased five TIMES !
for nuclear power plants, such a system of energy production from a reactor can also be used.
Write whether you have easily understood the emergence of energy from ... weight ...

Andrew
Old 28 Sep 2022, 05:30 (Ref:4127710)   #460
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Well, that's how you go beyond your imagination ... that's real new inventions ...
It will have this power for several reasons. Namely, in the figure you can see that the new engine with the same displacement as the 109,000 shp has much smaller dimensions and weight .. its weight is about 70 tons, which is almost 20 times less than this engine produced ..
And as a result of this, many times smaller weight, its masses of inertia are also many times smaller (second power). And since they are smaller, its rotational speed may be higher, well, these 4 times, they were somewhere up to 400 rpm, and if this is the case, the resulting power will be 109,000 X 4 = 436,000 horsepower.
when we take into account that there is no 15% loss, due to the lack of a crosshead we will get the 500,000 SHP .....
The ship will be the same, only it will go ... twice as fast to the port ...
Everything on the shaft itself, only 4 times faster, i.e. 400 rpm.
The engine yen has dimensions of 2 x 2 meters, so in a larger garage I can build it smoothly and on a ship connect it with the grippy connecting rod already on the drive shaft.
I don't know if you noticed that we lack the traditional Engine Block here.
And everything works like the best Swiss clock ..

Andrew
Old 28 Sep 2022, 05:31 (Ref:4127711)   #461
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
On another maritime forum:
Well Merlyn, I see Half Rotate being adapted for marine use. long shafts with propellers at the end must be attached to each wheel with the weight.
This type of engine does not become popular quickly, because no one has shown its good technology .. I show possible technology, because it is possible, because the "cylinder" and the piston are relatively separated by the distance, and in a small sonic it can be 1 mm , but even larger, even 5 millimeters. and such a row may be imperfections of the "cylinder" .. Besides, the "cylinder" will not wear out, so nothing threatens a bolted joint with a double head, similar to classic solutions .. Probably now you will look at it with a more kind eye .. Of course it can They can be steam or diesel versions, as well as Newcomen waste heat recovery, which will also recover all heat from the exhaust gas cooling from the conventional engine.
I think this is the next small step in developing this structure ..

Andrew
Old 28 Sep 2022, 05:31 (Ref:4127712)   #462
Feliks
Racer

Poland
Krakow
Yes, along the way .. I am a member of the Organization of which the Queen's Husband, until his death, was the Patron . :cry:

https://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2r...sgb-patron-sk/

Andrew