Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 5 Apr 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3813074)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Knowing Sam and his timetable on this one John, almost certainly not.......
Old 22 Apr 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3816936)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Amazon keep updating me with the great efforts they are making to ascertain a delivery date.......

Personally I think I should sue the author....
Old 18 May 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3823308)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still waiting..... And no updates either. I shall inform them soon that I'm not cancelling my order, but when they cancel it, I will be expecting interest to be returned along with my payment.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3826206)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
From Amazon.....

Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Sam Collins "Autodrome 2: The lost race circuits of the world"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.

Bloody authors. Totally unreliable........
Old 2 Jun 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3826209)   #55
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
From Amazon.....

Hello,

We regret to report that the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Sam Collins "Autodrome 2: The lost race circuits of the world"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.

Bloody authors. Totally unreliable........
More like.......... the lost race books of the world................
Old 2 Jun 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3826230)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still prefer to believe in the inexcusable indolence theory.......
Old 2 Jun 2018, 22:07 (Ref:3826319)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I pre-ordered a box set of the Voyager space probe record. It was meant to be coming on a Friday and for weeks on a Thursday I kept getting a notification it had been delayed a week. It did eventually arrive. It caught me by surprise as I’d grown accustomed to it being delayed.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3832412)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll place another order for Autodrome 2 in about 15 years.......
Old 13 Mar 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3890119)   #59
Roadtonowhere
Rookie

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Roadtonowhere should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The wait continues. It's as bad as Brexit.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3890173)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unless Sam wants to suggest otherwise, I'd say if it was going to be published, we'd have seen it long before now.....
Old 14 Mar 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3890354)   #61
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Unless Sam wants to suggest otherwise, I'd say if it was going to be published, we'd have seen it long before now.....
Sam is now a Lib-Dem politician, elected to his local council. Perhaps that is where his focus now lies, though with Sam anything is possible.......
Old 9 Oct 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3932919)   #62
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"with Sam anything is possible......."

Indeed.
Old 9 Oct 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3932976)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But is it Sam?

We didn't see you at the LM meet this year Sam? Elsewhere?
Old 10 Oct 2019, 05:50 (Ref:3933047)   #64
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
But is it Sam?

We didn't see you at the LM meet this year Sam? Elsewhere?
Hope to return in future with Radio Show or similar.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 13:32 (Ref:4014541)   #65
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Seems there is a lot of interest in abandoned circuits. I should probably get on with finishing the third book in the series." Sam's Twitter today ...
Old 2 Nov 2020, 13:33 (Ref:4014542)   #66
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Followed by - "Unlikely as finishing it is not going to be possible with the current travel restrictions. But I am working on another lockdown read..." ...
Old 2 Nov 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4014576)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Considering this thread was started over 10 years ago now, I think Sam must be writing a fairy story........
Old 5 Nov 2020, 11:43 (Ref:4014973)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
"Seems there is a lot of interest in abandoned circuits. I should probably get on with finishing the third book in the series." Sam's Twitter today ...

Third book? Did I miss the second one?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4014975)   #69
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Autodrome and Speedway
Old 5 Nov 2020, 13:15 (Ref:4014986)   #70
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Autodrome and Speedway
Ah - thanks - thought I'd missed Autodrome 2
Old 5 Nov 2020, 14:01 (Ref:4015002)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Ah - thanks - thought I'd missed Autodrome 2
No, that's due out in 2051.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 00:53 (Ref:4023357)   #72
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Hey 2051 is unfair... though its fair to say the book is a bit um, delayed. Can't blame the pandemic either!

What I can tell you is the plan I have in terms of that series of books and they will probably come out in this order.

1- Autodrome: The Lost Circuits of Europe - rewritten and updated
2 - Autodrome: The Lost race tracks of the world. (Aka A2)
3 - Speedway 2: (may not happen)
4 - Autodrome Anthology.

However - I do have three other books on the go so the Autodrome series is waiting for at least one of them to be finished.

When? I'm not sure on dates, but likely you'll hear nothing then it will all happen fast. Just the way I'm working at the moment. The Pandemic is a factor as travel is a key part of putting the books together and right now obviously that is impossible.
Old 17 Dec 2020, 13:24 (Ref:4023425)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Great to hear from you Sam, you make sure you pop back in a few years with some more news!
Old 27 Oct 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4131605)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
2051 is edging that little bit closer........