Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2018, 23:20 (Ref:3869054)   #551
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do we know who was doing the running?
Old 5 Jan 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3874131)   #552
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Oh no, not again!

Honda hit development setbacks for 2019.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...-two-setbacks/
Old 5 Jan 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3874134)   #553
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not what they need at this time
Old 5 Jan 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3874182)   #554
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 6 Jan 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3874293)   #555
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Oh no, not again!

Honda hit development setbacks for 2019.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...-two-setbacks/
So I looked at that article and it is not the initial source. It is based upon an article from Autobild...

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/form...-10924171.html

I think what is going on is a game of Chinese Whispers (aka "Telephone Game" here in the US) with a touch of clickbait drama injected as the story is retold. It is the off season so drama must be hyped up.

My reading is that...

1. Honda is no longer going to be consulting with AVL due to issues with project management within AVL. Autobild goes on to say that Ferrari had the same issue with AVL which led to the end of the Ferrari/AVL partnership. Maybe the problem is with AVL and not Honda? I wonder if they might still be using AVL's commercial equipment and just not consulting directly with them?

2. Honda continues to have vibration issues at full power. The GPFan article talks about Mario Illien's involvement and that the solution has not been found. Given the dire tone of the GPFan article, it implies an unwillingness of Honda to work with a consultant. But if you look at the Autobild article it goes into more depth which says that Mario Illien has not been able to solve it. So it looks like his involvement going forward will be limited. I take that as less about them not willing to work with him, but rather he couldn't solve the problem.

No doubt Honda has issues to work through as they try to move foward. Otherwise they would be at the top of the grid today. But in the end... I believe the GPFan article is 80% clickbait. The Autobild headline is clickbait, but the actual article content is more measured.

It's my understanding that 2019 engine is a development of 2018. So I don't think anything radical has been done over the winter other than ongoing refinement of whatever solution Honda has. That "should" indicate measured progress forward and less of an indication of a McLaren style fiasco. Time will tell however.

Richard
Old 17 May 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3904247)   #556
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 points so far! That’s it! I am kind of surprised when I checked this, it feels like a better year for them than that. The drivers seem to be have mentioned in a positive light a few times in the races. Kvyat has had a couple of Q3 appearances including a P6.
Old 17 May 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3904303)   #557
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kyvat is reminding everyone what a capable driver he is, and is making us forget the accidents he had the last time he was in F1. Albon is doing a brilliant job too, he is the most impressive rookie so far
Old 17 May 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3904304)   #558
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kyvat is reminding everyone what a capable driver he is, and is making us forget the accidents he had the last time he was in F1. Albon is doing a brilliant job too, he is the most impressive rookie so far
...behind Mr Le Clerc
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 May 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3904305)   #559
S griffin
Veteran

Except Leclerc is not a rookie. Forgotten last season with Sauber?
Old 17 May 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3904307)   #560
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Except Leclerc is not a rookie. Forgotten last season with Sauber?
Who are Sauber?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 May 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3906446)   #561
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting and encouraging result for STR and for RBR Honda powered entries at Monaco.
Granted it's not a power circuit but all cars in the top 10 for Honda is a good indication of driveability and reliability.
The STR chasis alaso seems on the improve compared to some of the other mid field runners.
Old 28 May 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3906536)   #562
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i suspect the RB teams are much happier now with Honda than they were with Renault units
Old 28 May 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3906538)   #563
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i suspect the RB teams are much happier now with Honda than they were with Renault units
Maybe - or maybe they can't whine about them as they're getting them for nothing?

Has to be said though that the reliability does seem to have improved this year and getting all 4 Honda powered cars into the top ten was a great result.
Old 28 May 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3906607)   #564
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
STR haven't done as well as this since Max amd Carlos 4 years ago!
Great to see.