Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 14 Dec 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3786978)   #1
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GX160 Honda Cadet & Pro-kart engine tuning

If you have a GX160 or GX200 for a cadet of pro-kart, give me a shout, I have upgraded 40 engines this year to the latest V12 MSA regs, and V13a for next year, I have an advanced 50hp dyno in my man-cave, can measure power, torque, mean/average-power and acceleration duration via lap-top control, and compensates for changing atmospheric conditions.

My son has won 15 trophies in the past year at Buckmore and Bayford MSA honda-cadet-clubman races, won a championship and 3 wins. Other customer wins at Fulbeck, Wildtarcks and Stretton. I help out a lot of cadet dads and Pro-kart teams, with either MSA engines or highly tuned open style motors, and helped people get their first podiums.

Can skim blocks & heads, hone blocks, new style coils, 3-angle valve seat cutting, blueprint parts, select parts. Can spin-up an engine on the dyno just for a health check, compression check, engine service, re-build and upgrade an existing engine to the latest MSA regs, or complete new engine build, take your pick.

www.KnighTorque.co.uk

Am based in Billericay, Essex if that helps.

Can also give a lot of help with chassis set-up, weight distribution, oil type, clutch and gear ratio choice, as have been racing cadets with my son for 6 years.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3809865)   #2
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm now up-dating MSA GX160 motors to the latest V13a regs for 2018 via cutting the valve seats with upper and lower cuts to the existing 45 degree cut. These will only become legal after 31st March.

I have put a lot of research into which angles work best and I am now consistently achieving fantastic gains on my dyno in the region of + 0.2-0.3 mean HP gains, with another 0.2-0.3 seconds of quicker acceleration.

Some may label this as BS, but I have now upgraded enough engines with the consistency, hard facts and before & after dyno data to know this is the absolute situation. My dyno is deadly accurate, hence I am confident in what I am saying.

Kindest regards

Knighty BEng (Hons) CEng FIMechE

PS - My phone number is changing to 0787 9427945 on 29th March 2018
Old 10 Jun 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3828174)   #3
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Check out the latest KnighTorque news and testimonials via this link, lots of wins and podiums for many happy Honda-cadet customers. Pole and several heat wins today at Lydd.

http://www.knightorque.co.uk/blog

Sorry for the bum-steer on my last thread, my number has changed to 07565 108575.

Have just purchased a SuperFlow SF120 air-flow bench for air-flow testing cylinder heads, intake and exhaust systems........as they say: "a lot of little ones makes one big one".....
Old 5 Mar 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3888426)   #4
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Check out the latest KnighTorque news on

http://www.knightorque.co.uk/blog

Lots of races and championships recently won in Honda cadets, also now helping the Navy and RAF ProKart teams in the RAFMSA ProKart championship.

Dyno and air-flow bench now achieving great results on the club and national scene.

Glad to help prokart teams and "dads-n-lads" get on the cadet podium for the first time.
Old 19 Apr 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4152163)   #5
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
KnighTorque still tuning GX160 & GX200 from 7 to 20hp
Old 3 Nov 2023, 20:24 (Ref:4184227)   #6
waynedru78
Rookie

waynedru78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FUEL FILTER

HI THERE can you please tell me what te best fuel filters too run on the GX160S what happens if i get too big a inline filter or too small ?