Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 May 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3820253)   #76
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cal dropping very big hints that he wants the factory Honda ride now.
Old 6 May 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3820343)   #77
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Cal dropping very big hints that he wants the factory Honda ride now.
Dropping very big bikes on the floor too often though.
Old 19 May 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3823466)   #78
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so the question after Qualy .
will he?
and i'm talking about Zarco .. of course

Ciao Marco
Old 20 May 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3823473)   #79
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly a good chance. All the conjecture about Zarco's Tech 3 squad not suffering the same difficulties as the factory team in unravelling the mysteries of the Magneti Marelli ecm is overlooking the skills and knowledge of Guy Coulon the Tech 3 head wrench, with a long history of turning out extremely well-sorted bikes on race day.
To win at Le mans, Zarco will still have to deal with MM93, which seems to be getting ever more difficult....
Old 20 May 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3823512)   #80
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Zarco on pole, should make for an interesting race
Old 20 May 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3823558)   #81
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It was "sods law" that Zarco fell off in his home GP, at least he wasn't "assisted" !
Marquez seems to be unstoppable and love him or hate him he is brilliant once he gets in the lead, Rossi did well but I don't know what to say about Lorenzo as it seems once he gets overtaken he almost "gives up"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 May 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3823695)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I don't know what to say about Lorenzo as it seems once he gets overtaken he almost "gives up"
Well, Jorge being beaten soundly by both the satellite Ducatis must make his position at Ducati at best dubious, especially will Miller seemingly in favour at the moment. (Lorenzo currently 30 points behind the next Ducati)
Old 24 May 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3824357)   #83
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Marquez seems to be unstoppable and love him or hate him he is brilliant once he gets in the lead
Some of those slow motion shots of MM93 elbowing the bike upright are just amazing, I remember Colin Edwards rescuing the machine(can't the track/race) but for Marquez it seems it's just a natural reflex action.
Old 24 May 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3824385)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not helped that the others are making it easier for him tbh
Old 24 May 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3824427)   #85
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just watch the rest, thats what I do, cant stand the little sod.

And to be honest as soon as he gets in front and pulls away I just turn off.

The support classes are usually far better to watch anyway.
Old 24 May 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3824447)   #86
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Just watch the rest, thats what I do, cant stand the little sod.

And to be honest as soon as he gets in front and pulls away I just turn off.
Did you think the same when Lorenzo did the same for a few seasons when he was on the Yamaha ?
That's a rather blinkered view of probably one of the few "really" talented riders out there at the moment, also have you ever been to a MotoGP or only watched it on the box ?
Everybody to there own but it not unusual for people to knock the top guys in any sport because they keep winning.
I live in Spain 5/6 months of the year and don't particularly "love" Marquez but you can't ignore him
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 May 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3824461)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

Marquez’s attitude irritates me at times, but you can’t deny you are watching a superhuman in action
Old 24 May 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3824469)   #88
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Marquez’s attitude irritates me at times, but you can’t deny you are watching a superhuman in action
Totally agree especially his stupid attitude the other week, why didn't he get some sort of a penalty in the next race ?
Old 25 May 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3824576)   #89
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest I watch MotoGP to see great, close racing, and yes I felt exactly the same when Lorenzo was winning, more so in fact. Regularly turned off races.

if you want to watch the best guy on the best bike win routinely fair enough.

I have better things to do with my time. Had enough of that with F1 for 15 years
Old 25 May 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3824641)   #90
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Lulu in F1 is incredibly irritating in a number of ways outside of the cockpit but there's no denying the skill is there.
Old 27 May 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3824894)   #91
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
if you want to watch the best guy on the best bike win routinely fair enough.
I would doubt that is "the best bike"
Old 27 May 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3825109)   #92
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh I beg to differ this year, even last year.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3826038)   #93
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FP2 at Mugello stopped due to a horrific looking crash to Michele Pirro who came off at 350kph.

Fortunately although he was knocked unconscious no bones broken according to latest updates although he has gone to hospital for scans on his shoulder.

On account of no serious injuries reported here is a clip of the crash. A lucky man. Hopefully the reports of condition are accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li796eHsqcQ

Quote:
Speaking to Spanish TV channel Movistar, Ducati sporting director Paolo Ciabatti revealed that Pirro was awake and alert, but could not recall the crash.

“I spoke a few minutes ago with [Ducati team manager] Davide Tardozzi, who is in the medical centre,” Ciabatti said. “Apparently the situation is less serious than it looked before.

“Michele recognises people and can talk. He doesn’t remember anything.

“He can move his legs and arms, but he could have a problem with the shoulder, so they are going to check it in a hospital in Florence with an MRI to make sure nothing is broken.”

Last edited by E.B; 1 Jun 2018 at 14:49.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3826159)   #94
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Horrible crash .. even knowing that he's relatively ok .. still cringe when i see it

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jun 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3826179)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

Seems he got off lightly there, which is a relief
Old 2 Jun 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3826255)   #96
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Lets face it, those of us that have been watching bike racing for over 50 years must be amazed at modern safety wear !!!!

And who's that old boy on pole in the Moto GP ?
Old 4 Jun 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3826697)   #97
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well that was a turn up for the books ! two Ducati's 1st & 2nd !! Loenzo back to his old self, I wonder what will happen with his contract now ? As for the works Honda team disaster ! I don't understand why they didn't call Marquez in to avoid the embarrassment of running round at the back after his "moment" ?
Credit to Vali for hanging in there.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3826708)   #98
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Odd race, all sadly to do with tyres and track temp and the fact Michelin have so many variable of what they call a certain compound, that you never really know what everyone is running.

A soft soft, could easily be twice as soft as a hard soft!

Bit silly really, surely it would be better to bring a various compounds that are the same? With variables for odd tracks or layouts.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3826920)   #99
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I was hoping that Marquez was going to hang on to the Honda!
Give him 10/10 for effort, and he damn near picked it up.

Ana Carrasco is doing an amazing job in the Supersport 300s, now leading the world championship!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Carrasco

Go girl!
Old 6 Jun 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3827050)   #100
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wow, what a 24 hour period in the MotoGP rider market. Pedrosa out at Repsol Honda, replaced by Lorenzo, Petrucci to replace JLo at Ducati. Oh and Mir to Suzuki.