Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 2008, 11:29 (Ref:2252579)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drivers and Cars Spa 6hrs 2008

Prompted by a random thought and rather than clutter up the general banter in the main thread I thought it might be good to get a list of cars and their drivers. also if anyone is interested I can provide a 10/10s sticker for around twenty cars.

So to get the ball rolling:

Mallett/Bower - Top Hat Capri - No 36
Mallett - Barry race (if I get the entry forms) Capri - Number unknown.

With the mods permission I'll stick this but please, only drivers and cars listed here. Race discussion in the main thread.

On the subject of stickers we do want pics of the cars. Then you'll get a chance to be on the front page of the site.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 19 Jul 2008 at 04:15.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2252619)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Falce/Falce, Tim and Eric in Barry's race (if I ever get the entry forms ) Jaguar Dtype #81
Old 17 Jul 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2252664)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Moi, No31 U2TC

I believe young Mr Polson and I will be airing a Riley Sprite in a pre war race also

at this point I have no idea what else is on the bill for the weekend other than the 5ish hour and U2TC
Old 17 Jul 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2252738)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bower& Mallett car no 7 or 8[hav'nt made up my mind yet]MGB.6Hour.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2253286)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Will be there in the FF2000 Delta. If anyone needs any help in the pits with 6 hour race let me know."Team Manager, Mechanic, Signeling,Driver ?????????
Old 18 Jul 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2253619)   #6
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gentleman Drivers - Wiseman/Savage - Alfa SZ - No. 69.

Sticker, please? ;-)
Old 21 Jul 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2255210)   #7
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the 6 Hours with Bill Kirkpatrick in an MGB.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2255382)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I should be doing the Barry race in the Anglia if I get an entry form.
Also I would do the 6hr if I could get a drive in a car that I could sit in without the steering wheel on my thighs !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jul 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2255389)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully I'll work out the coding and put up a spreadsheet with cars, drivers, races and numbers, so where you haven't provided it can you advise the number please?

Like you and Tim I'm also looking forward to receiving Barry's entry form.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2255697)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
I should be doing the Barry race in the Anglia if I get an entry form.
Also I would do the 6hr if I could get a drive in a car that I could sit in without the steering wheel on my thighs !
Hang in there squire, we'll do it soon.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2255721)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Hang in there squire, we'll do it soon.

So why not enter the Cortina.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2255726)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
twas a team decision not to do it this year, although the car is/was ready etc, there are a few things I'd like to do to the car, and the whole weekend wouldn't be much fun for Mrs Zef with Arthur still only 2 . . .
Old 22 Jul 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2255732)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Point taken but your only away for an hour and a half each time,admittedly later in the day.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2257727)   #14
JaapSinke
Rookie

JaapSinke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rinus and Jaap Sinke 6hrs.
Yellow Austin Healey (green stripes)

Esper are you coming too?
Old 25 Jul 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2257760)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome to our friwndly forum Jaap.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2258501)   #16
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I might also be doing Barry's race with Malcolm in our TR4.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2258966)   #17
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edit: Please keep this on topic. Stick to pms for other info etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 28 Jul 2008 at 12:54.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2260218)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
OK first attempt. Fill in the blanks folks and let's get some more info.

Driver NameCarNoRace
Mallett/BowerCapri 3.0s36Top Hat
Bower/MallettMGB76Hrs
Peter MallettCapri 3.0s36BSSCC
Falce/FalceJaguar DType81BSSCC
Evans DMG Midget?BSSCC
Allenby-Byrne JCortina GT31U2TC
Allenby-Byrne/PolsonRiley Sprite?Pre War
Wiseman/SavageAlfa SZ69Gentlemen Drivers
Griffiths/KirkpatrickMGB?6Hrs
Griffiths/?TR4?BSSCC
Streeter GFord Anglia?BSSCC
Sinke Rinus and Jaap Healey?6Hrs
Rowley IFF2000 Delta ??

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 30 Jul 2008 at 11:34.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2260421)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Updated:

Driver NameCarNoRace
Bower/MallettMGB76Hrs
Evans DMG Midget?BSSCC
Wiseman/SavageAlfa Romeo SZ69Gentlemen Drivers
Griffiths/?Triumph TR4?BSSCC
Sinke Rinus and Jaap Austin Healey?6Hrs
Rowley IFF2000 Delta ??
Schryver M/Schryver W/Hadfield SLotus 26R?6Hrs
Pearson M/Devine D Triumph TR4?6Hrs
KJALLGREN G/Drabble SFord Mustang?6Hrs

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 30 Jul 2008 at 20:35.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2260485)   #20
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure who posted that but I don't really see the point of posting the 6 Hour entry list as this has been circulated already. If someone wants it to go here PM me and I will email it. But shouldn't this be just about cars/drivers doing other races?
Old 30 Jul 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2260492)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Update

Driver NameCarNoRace
Bower/MallettMGB76Hrs
Evans DMG Midget?BSSCC
Wiseman/SavageAlfa Romeo SZ69Gentlemen Drivers
Griffiths/?Triumph TR4?BSSCC
Sinke Rinus and Jaap Austin Healey?6Hrs
Rowley IFF2000 Delta 14HSCC Single Seaters
Schryver M/Schryver W/Hadfield SLotus 26R?6Hrs
Pearson M/Devine D Triumph TR4?6Hrs
KJALLGREN G/Drabble SFord Mustang?6Hrs
Knight J Jaguar Dtype 53BSSCC

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 31 Jul 2008 at 07:15.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2260512)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Not sure who posted that but I don't really see the point of posting the 6 Hour entry list as this has been circulated already. If someone wants it to go here PM me and I will email it. But shouldn't this be just about cars/drivers doing other races?
No, the idea is for a composite list of 10/10s posters. Not everyone will go to the Roadbook/Redwater site. And what other races are you doing roger? (Its not posted on the site yet).

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 30 Jul 2008 at 20:33.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 05:22 (Ref:2260710)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Peter Racing in HSCC single seaters No 14.Not sure if there is anything else at moment. Thanks Iain.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 07:06 (Ref:2260746)   #24
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
whilst I hope that my inclusion in the 6 Hour comes to fruition it might be a bit premature to include me in the list.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2260752)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No probs it can be changed, althopugh hopefully not.