Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jul 2016, 03:52 (Ref:3659524)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship Calendar

Coming In September...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Jul 2016, 04:08 (Ref:3660252)   #2
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Aren't they normally released on the Sandown 500 weekend
Old 23 Jul 2016, 04:17 (Ref:3660254)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
Aren't they normally released on the Sandown 500 weekend
which is in September, so yes
Old 8 Sep 2016, 02:24 (Ref:3670882)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dates Coming Soon, After Sandown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article, Mr James Warburton
"Our plans to expand in Asia are taking shape, but as we have said many times it will not be at the expense of local events which are crucial for our fans. In Asia it is about getting it right and making sure our events are enduring and not one-offs. We now have three long-term contracts in place including Kuala Lumpur but the new signings don’t commence before 2018 and the legal situation in KL means that race will be delayed again in 2017. We are also excited to hopefully welcome Tailem Bend in South Australia to the Calendar in 2018."
Old 8 Sep 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3670888)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
that means that winton should be back on for 2017. might have to go
Old 8 Sep 2016, 04:24 (Ref:3670897)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
KL delayed again. Bit of a theme here.

Put your house on 2018 though
Old 25 Sep 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3674902)   #7
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this ?
Old 27 Sep 2016, 01:27 (Ref:3675419)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Newcastle Is Gooooooo!
Old 27 Sep 2016, 01:50 (Ref:3675425)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Layout looks pretty good - I'd certainly rather travel to Newcastle for a race than Sydney!
Old 27 Sep 2016, 02:38 (Ref:3675436)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Layout looks pretty good - I'd certainly rather travel to Newcastle for a race than Sydney!
The 2 hour drive each way means its likely an overnight stay, bringing tourism to the area, and also cost for spectators.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 02:58 (Ref:3675442)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The 2 hour drive each way means its likely an overnight stay, bringing tourism to the area, and also cost for spectators.
I'm a Melbournite so I would be travelling to either, but I'd love to come up for a race, and take in some wine tasting and other things in the region. I do quite like it up there.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 03:56 (Ref:3675458)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
2017 Calendar Confirmed
Old 27 Sep 2016, 04:25 (Ref:3675460)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Dunlop Series Confirmed Too

...and off to Tassie, not Perth...
Old 27 Sep 2016, 07:33 (Ref:3675475)   #14
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
KL delayed again. Bit of a theme here.

Put your house on 2018 though
Just like your posts.......

It will be great for Newcastle, Probably show Sydney how to pull a crowd.

Last edited by Beages; 27 Sep 2016 at 07:41.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3675478)   #15
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beages View Post
I'm sure it will pull a better crowd than Sydney, straight off the bat at least.....

....but we were told Homebush was the holy grail and would draw a crowd, then we were told that Gosford was going to be the saviour.... now it's Newcastle..... Port Macquarie if this doesn't work?
Old 27 Sep 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3675480)   #16
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Dunlop Series Confirmed Too

...and off to Tassie, not Perth...
Unusual move, but I guess the series is very Easy Coast centric, teams wise.
Old 27 Sep 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3675605)   #17
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And the Newcastle YHA is smack in the middle of the track...

V8s, the beach and swedish backpackers.

Mr Warburton you are a genius!!!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 28 Sep 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3675651)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just like your posts.......
Not sure what you mean here? Correct me if I am wrong that multiple overseas races have been announced, then delayed or cancelled?

Quote:
No doubt - below is the yard stick that Newcastle will be compared against.

Quote:
A total of 184,856 fans filtered into Homebush over the three-day Sydney 500, the final round of this season’s V8 Supercar series, exceeding the expectations set by the NSW government – which has committed over $30 million for the next five years – and V8 Supercar officials.

The success of the event prompted V8 supremo Tony Cochrane to predict future crowd figures of around 250,000
Old 28 Sep 2016, 22:56 (Ref:3675804)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
appears Melb GP has been locked in for a week later than previously on March 26. still fits in with the v8 calender
Old 29 Sep 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3675842)   #20
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's play devils advocate here, if the Newcastle event isn't a success at the 3 - 5 year mark (past events say it's a 50/50 chance), where does that leave Supercars, and in particular their standing among not only the NSW government/taxpayers, but future deals with other governments?

Is this deal the last roll of the NSW street circuit dice for V8SC?

If I was V8SC, I would think it would be imperative that general admission tickets have good viewing points, or they may well travel down the Homebush path again.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 02:27 (Ref:3675844)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
If I was V8SC, I would think it would be imperative that general admission tickets have good viewing points, or they may well travel down the Homebush path again.
... until the insurance and OH&S bods ruin the fun...
Old 29 Sep 2016, 02:28 (Ref:3675845)   #22
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
... until the insurance and OH&S bods ruin the fun...
Yep. Maybe some GA grandstands??
Old 29 Sep 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3675905)   #23
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The flyover simulation of the circuit suggests it is a cross between Hamilton and Canberra which isn't positive.
Old 8 Oct 2016, 00:52 (Ref:3678270)   #24
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
According to this Clipsal reverts to a 2x250km format in 2017. Much better IMHO - the 2 short races on Saturday just didn't do it for me.http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...=FoxMotorsport

Here too:http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/08/...-500-adelaide/
Old 17 Oct 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3680887)   #25
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The flyover simulation of the circuit suggests it is a cross between Hamilton and Canberra which isn't positive.
Hi Alan!

Did you ever go to Hamilton? It sure was one amazingly challenging race circuit, but it was fantastic for race fans whether they were corporate guests, grandstand ticket holders, or general admission fans. There were viewing options on the inside of Turn 1 down to Turn 2 for GA holders, and I can tell you the entry and exit of the Turn 2 hairpin were both great, as was the "backwards" roundabout at Turn 3. The chicane was great, and so was the right hander onto Empire Street.

From a driver's perspective, it was fantastic - if you don't ask Jamie Whincup. I was right there for his crash too.

If I rate race circuits in Australasia, Bathurst is my favourite and then Hamilton is my 2nd choice every single time. Julie, the poodle-walking lycra-loving mayor, is now gone. Oh, to go back there