Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3855118)   #1901
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An internet search shows one as being sold for £45,000 so you had better snap it up John.

Gerard, your enigmatic posts keep me puzzled!

Bikes? Velocipedes?

How about Claud Butler, Farrell, Hetchings,?

Or perhaps you refer to Norton, Triumph, Velocette.

Le bauble.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3855119)   #1902
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry John, I was mentioning a funny thing from the poster, not you of course.
I dont know if its the same in England but here you can find easily false ads - which is illegal afaik - whose purpose is only to keep the market prices high. We discovered that years ago by trying to reach every poster in a well known news paper specialized in classics…
At the end of the day the market price is the amount of money you have in hand for a sold good.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3855125)   #1903
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Gerard, your enigmatic posts keep me puzzled! Bikes? Velocipedes?
Or perhaps you refer to Norton, Triumph, Velocette. Le bauble.
Hi, Ami Robert! I was referring to the big brands you named, including AJS, Vincent and so on. We use to say that a strange "malédiction" is on our motorbikes industry because we had really "bad luck" with big displacement engines! Even when trying to fit a Citroën GS engine in a BFG custom frame or more recently with the Voxan brand. Nothing to do with voodoo!
Old 7 Oct 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3855170)   #1904
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bob, if its almost freezing, windy and rainy too where you are standing, you can have a look here: capripowermeetingpics.weebly.com/collect...chlumpf-25-juni.html
Copyright on every doc.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3855360)   #1905
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Is there anyone young enough on here to know why cars are being retro-fitted with incredibly bright LED number plate lights? Usually the sort of car driven by someone wearing a back to front baseball cap......

They not only shine a white light to the rear, which is surely illegal, but are so bright the number plate is not able to be read. Ah, maybe that’s the reason.....
Old 8 Oct 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3855393)   #1906
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Is there anyone young enough on here to know why cars are being retro-fitted with incredibly bright LED number plate lights? Usually the sort of car driven by someone wearing a back to front baseball cap......

They not only shine a white light to the rear, which is surely illegal, but are so bright the number plate is not able to be read. Ah, maybe that’s the reason.....
I'm certainly not young enough to explain why Mike, but suspect that it's because they can. The bulbs are freely available (along with those also illegal coloured sidelamp bulb these annoying people also appear to love so much).
I can answer the question you didn't ask: Why do they wear their baseball caps back to front? It's because they don't know if they're coming or going!
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3855420)   #1907
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm certainly not young enough to explain why Mike, but suspect that it's because they can. The bulbs are freely available (along with those also illegal coloured sidelamp bulb these annoying people also appear to love so much).
I can answer the question you didn't ask: Why do they wear their baseball caps back to front? It's because they don't know if they're coming or going!
They probably don't even know when they are going to come!
Old 8 Oct 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3855426)   #1908
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Young man ! I wear my baseball cap back to front in the sun as the peak gets in the way when I am using my various video cameras
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Oct 2018, 14:23 (Ref:3855442)   #1909
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Young man ! I wear my baseball cap back to front in the sun as the peak gets in the way when I am using my various video cameras

Yeah, that.

That said the nearest thing I have to a baseball cap also has built in neck protection so, when that is in use, turning the peak around does not help with using cameras in any way ...
Old 8 Oct 2018, 15:32 (Ref:3855457)   #1910
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
You've got a baseball cap???????????????????
Old 8 Oct 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3855463)   #1911
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You've got a baseball cap???????????????????
With all the race meetings you've been to Bob, you must have obtained a freebie one somewhere along the line!
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3855472)   #1912
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
With all the race meetings you've been to Bob, you must have obtained a freebie one somewhere along the line!
I have several John, but you never see me wearing one.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3855479)   #1913
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure I did once, or was it a Bob the Builder hat?
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3855490)   #1914
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
That said the nearest thing I have to a baseball cap also has built in neck protection so, when that is in use, turning the peak around does not help with using cameras in any way ...
Indeed…
Old 9 Oct 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3855657)   #1915
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Surely Burberry or someone must make one in a tasteful tweed? Or, you could always commission a bespoke one in the Family Tartan...
Old 9 Oct 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3855663)   #1916
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Surely Burberry or someone must make one in a tasteful tweed? Or, you could always commission a bespoke one in the Family Tartan...
From the land of sheep and bothered llamas..... https://www.hillshats.co.nz/collecti...-leather-peak/

Some reversible ones available.... I presume that means they can be worn backwards too

Last edited by E.B; 9 Oct 2018 at 12:41.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3855672)   #1917
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
From the land of sheep and bothered llamas..... https://www.hillshats.co.nz/collecti...-leather-peak/

Some reversible ones available.... I presume that means they can be worn backwards too
When I was a little by (which is/was a very long time ago) my my mum bought me some reversible shorts. One way around they were white with red stripes but if you turned them inside out they were white with blue stripes.
For some reason, she actually bought me two identical pairs which somewhat defeated the object!
(Thinking back, I think this was probably when my 'problems' started...)
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3855675)   #1918
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
I thought back-to-front baseball caps, usually in beige, were obligatory for Corsa drivers... It's to protect you whilst drifting in Tesco's car park.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:43 (Ref:3855678)   #1919
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought back-to-front baseball caps, usually in beige, were obligatory for Corsa drivers... It's to protect you whilst drifting in Tesco's car park.
... with the obligatory arm out of the driver's window pointing to the sky
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3855680)   #1920
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
When I was a little by (which is/was a very long time ago) my my mum bought me some reversible shorts. One way around they were white with red stripes but if you turned them inside out they were white with blue stripes.
For some reason, she actually bought me two identical pairs which somewhat defeated the object!
(Thinking back, I think this was probably when my 'problems' started...)
Maybe it was because you wore them back to front seeing they were reversible?
Old 9 Oct 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3855684)   #1921
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Amongst my souvenirs I have a photograph of Felipe Massa that I took, and he signed for me, he also gave me a Ferrari cap (I will not use the term 'baseball) autographed by himself and Fernando Alonso. Far too precious too actually wear, not even the cap!

Mind you I would wear a baseball cap if only I knew which way it went on.

Reversible shorts, Viv? A bit awkward in the gents if taken short, when the zip was at the rear. Quite difficult I would imagine.

By the way surely over this side of the Atlantic we should be discussing Rounders Caps.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3855695)   #1922
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

By the way surely over this side of the Atlantic we should be discussing Rounders Caps.
I wonder what the Dutch give to occupants of their podiums.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3855703)   #1923
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Maybe it was because you wore them back to front seeing they were reversible?
I've never been backwards in coming forwards...
Old 9 Oct 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3855711)   #1924
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
I wonder what the Dutch give to occupants of their podiums.
So that is what Verstappen has on his …… head?
Old 9 Oct 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3855724)   #1925
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As the words "cap" has come up, as it were, I assume those of us of a certain age will remember the strips of caps that children used to be able to buy for toy guns back in the day.

Oh for the days of innocence when children were children and Mr. Plod wore a smart uniform that was readily identifiable and mostly "proceeded" on his beat on foot.

Toy guns, caps, the pen knife ...
Closed Thread