Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3904643)   #3751
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sue and I were enroute to the Swedish round of the world Motocross Championship when this happened. We had a German station on the radio at the time and as my other half is one of these annoying people that can translate between about 5 languages she said "we shouldn't go to Sweden as there is a serious radiation problem" so we spent a weeks holiday in Denmark but probably got a "taste" of it anyway
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 May 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3904650)   #3752
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Chernobyl fall off.
Out. Chernobyl fall OUT

Makes more scientific sense

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 19 May 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3904654)   #3753
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Picky.
Old 19 May 2019, 16:10 (Ref:3904678)   #3754
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Picky.
Surely you of all people appreciate accuracy?

Old 19 May 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3904707)   #3755
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tchernobyl is a really good example of the kind of "truth" said by the politicians!
I remember Poljot watches had a very bad reputation when it was the official choice for the cosmonauts vs the astronots wearing Omega's. The Russian units was said to be better accompanied by a Geiger counter…
Old 26 May 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3905782)   #3756
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dear Ami Robert I can't enough recommend you to have a look to Pau grids. I noticed four 250 F and Lister Monzanapolis. Sorry the bloody Frogs didn't post an acceptable press communiqué so far… Meaning in English!
Old 26 May 2019, 05:46 (Ref:3905786)   #3757
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Dear Ami Robert I can't enough recommend you to have a look to Pau grids. I noticed four 250 F and Lister Monzanapolis. Sorry the bloody Frogs didn't post an acceptable press communiqué so far… Meaning in English!
Gerry me old mate, sounds like a good race, even if too many 250F's look like a scaffolders dream these days. Why must whimps ruin these beautiful cars with ridiculous pipework around the cockpit. Jean Behra would laugh at the idiots.

Send lots of pictures.

Regadez vous.

Robert
Old 26 May 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3905789)   #3758
midgetman
Veteran

Ah Bauble the age old question. But these people aren't professional racing drivers, they have to go to work tomorrow to pay for their expensive hobby.

Old 26 May 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3905795)   #3759
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Jean Behra would laugh at the idiots.
Certainly he would. One Maserati is announced as being ex-JM Fangio and I guess spectators will thoroughly enjoy the show together with other grids. Pau is said "little Monaco" may be because prestige of the principauté is second to none. Happy drivers, happy spectators, happy preparers, healthy organisers, nothing to moan about imo. In two words, Happy Day!
Old 26 May 2019, 09:14 (Ref:3905806)   #3760
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah Bauble the age old question. But these people aren't professional racing drivers, they have to go to work tomorrow to pay for their expensive hobby.

No doubt if one of these chaps bought the Mona Lisa and painted a moustache on her, no one would say a word?

Vandalism? Pure and simple.
Old 26 May 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3905811)   #3761
midgetman
Veteran

There's a minor difference. Painting a 'tache on the Mona Lisa doesn't affect you going to work on Monday.

Old 26 May 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3905815)   #3762
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's a minor difference. Painting a 'tache on the Mona Lisa doesn't affect you going to work on Monday.

It would do it you got caught.
Old 26 May 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3905822)   #3763
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

If you can afford too buy an historic car, even a very rare or famous one, you have the legal right to do what ever you want with it, you can add scaffolding, paint it in rainbow colours, or even set fire to it.

I do not dispute a persons right to dress up in a fire proof suit, with an all enveloping helmet with a coloured visor, and drive around Goodwood looking like a complete pratt if they want to. it is their right, I don't have to like it, so I just hold them in complete contempt. But they will never know or care if they did.

Anyway Midget how can they afford a 250F and still have to go to work?

I suspect you are delusional

Bigotted, biased Bauble.
Old 26 May 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3905833)   #3764
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
It would do it you got caught.

Old 29 May 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3906685)   #3765
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Had a bit of excitement last night, we had just got off the plane at Gatwick after returning from Ireland and decided to go for a meal in "Ye olde Six Bells" in Horley. We had ordered and I had just finished my soup when the fire alarm was set off and we were evacuated. I know I asked for my steak to be "well done" but this was ridiculous !Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	53131
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 May 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3906688)   #3766
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you'd asked for it rare the fire may not have happened.
Old 29 May 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3906689)   #3767
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think using the phrase 'Flame Grilled' may have been a mistake too...
Old 29 May 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3906692)   #3768
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hope you hadn’t paid when ordering.....

Nice little earner- the barber I use is on Elm Hill in Norwich. This street is well known for being used in period films, is cobbled and has no modern ‘street furniture’.

There’s a film making team in location there for next 10 days, so all shops are closed during that time. The money paid for staying shut is more than normal takings would be, and pay for the staff to have a long weekend in Majorca...
Old 29 May 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3906693)   #3769
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's a barber?
Old 29 May 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3906697)   #3770
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bauble I see your point about Maseratis and fancy dresses but as to mona Lisa, what's the problem. You dont need to paint a 'stach, she already got one!
Old 29 May 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3906705)   #3771
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What's a barber?
An expensive luxury.....
Old 29 May 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3906746)   #3772
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
What's a barber?
I go to one every 2 years whether I need a haircut or not ! and my wife hasn't been to a hairdressers for 40 years as I actually trim it when it needs it.
Think of the money we've saved !!
Click image for larger version

Name:	VT (3).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	53132
Old 29 May 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3906769)   #3773
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course some people save it just by doing it at home. But then going to an expert is usually worth it. Unless the Barber charges way too much, as I have heard some do
Old 29 May 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3906786)   #3774
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Insightful stuff there! Thanks for sharing.....
Old 29 May 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3906816)   #3775
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Insightful stuff there! Thanks for sharing.....