Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Dec 2017, 21:41 (Ref:3789675)   #176
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see that Max chap in an Aston Martin... Cygnet? :P
Old 30 Dec 2017, 08:08 (Ref:3789764)   #177
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
The biggest crowd of the WTCC season, no?
In Villa Real?

A doubt it.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3790106)   #178
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'm baffled that Audi is willing to race versus Honda, Kia and Hyundai.

VAG's TCR program should be focused on VW and especially Seat.
They can sell the Audi for more, despite it being based on the same platform as the other two and developed by the same people. Fancy brand $$$$.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3790373)   #179
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stepping down to "Group A1" from something close to "Group B5" - it's a good sign only for amateurs. I'll rank BTCC (A2 of nowadays) higher than this WTCR. Look at Gordon Shedden (OK, multiple champion - but he raced against rather famous names in Dubai) - he almost smashed the opposition driving this cup car for the first time at the track he never raced before. As for amateurs - there're tons of different cups and single-make series. It's not an international level.
It's stepping down in every matter - like Le Mans or Sebring where McQueen almost won outright at the wheel of a 917 monster in early 70's comparing with Dempsey waltzing in GTE-Am. I really do not see any reasons to cheer this standard cars less powerful than some pocket-rockets. Just no reason.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 06:39 (Ref:3790406)   #180
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heres a reason: cars on the grid. When you have the options of a full grid, advanced cars and low costs you have to sacrifice one option. Want a full grid at limited budgets? Then your cars will have to be relatively simple. Want state of the art cars at a full grid? Then it won't be cheap.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3790442)   #181
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTCR simply is better for Business and for us

I really do not miss the short TC1 Era. The races are great and that's what touring cars should be. I think this is the perfect formula to see a great Word Touring car competition. Now it's all in the hands of the FIA...
Old 3 Jan 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3790516)   #182
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People shouldnt forget that there is no real touringcar series worldwide without huge spec parts that is faster then TCR. Btcc isnt faster, V8 Superscars are highly spec, so are Tc2000. DTM is officially no touringcar series.

Maybe people should watch Gt's that need to have more power. And WTCC was fine with slower cars for almost a decade.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3790528)   #183
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Peugeot looks good

Old 4 Jan 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3790547)   #184
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna View Post
People shouldnt forget that there is no real touringcar series worldwide without huge spec parts that is faster then TCR. Btcc isnt faster, V8 Superscars are highly spec, so are Tc2000. DTM is officially no touringcar series.

Maybe people should watch Gt's that need to have more power. And WTCC was fine with slower cars for almost a decade.
BTCC cars are faster than TCR.
if TCR UK happens (but it probably wont) on the same tracks at BTCC cars you will see they are slower. BTCC cars weigh a little less than TCR, have a bit more power and have proper racing suspension (not modified production system).
Old 4 Jan 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3790591)   #185
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do like the look of the new Peugeot, looks like they are serious about this championship
Old 4 Jan 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3790651)   #186
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
if TCR UK happens (but it probably wont) on the same tracks at BTCC cars you will see they are slower. BTCC cars weigh a little less than TCR, have a bit more power and have proper racing suspension (not modified production system).
Everything I read so far on the toppic lets me think that BTCC cars actually have a relatively poor suspension. In a side by side comparison between a Seat Cup car and the NGTC Civic a couple of years ago the Honda didnt perform very well. If NGTC is faster then TCR, then not by much.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3790653)   #187
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Everything I read so far on the toppic lets me think that BTCC cars actually have a relatively poor suspension. In a side by side comparison between a Seat Cup car and the NGTC Civic a couple of years ago the Honda didnt perform very well. If NGTC is faster then TCR, then not by much.
that was in 2014 using the old original GPRM suspension and on a honda tourer (estate). since 2016/17 the cars have all been fully updated with all new RML suspension and subframes etc
Old 4 Jan 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3790655)   #188
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NGTC use pushrod suspension with in board horizontal coil over dampers.....similar to open wheel / prototypes, hence the "advanced" comment. Where as TCR uses Mcpherson strut uprights similar to normal road cars.

Last edited by auroan; 4 Jan 2018 at 16:28.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3790688)   #189
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
that was in 2014 using the old original GPRM suspension and on a honda tourer (estate). since 2016/17 the cars have all been fully updated with all new RML suspension and subframes etc
Interesting, how much did the laptimes improve?
Old 4 Jan 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3790692)   #190
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting, how much did the laptimes improve?
hard to tell as the tyres also changed. but all the drivers said the car was much better to set up.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3790722)   #191
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Probably. Using Porsche Carrera Cup as a comparison BTCC is 2% quicker but using other series as comparisons makes this difference up to 0.7% slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do like the look of the new Peugeot, looks like they are serious about this championship
The problem is they're delivering the car for April. WTCR starts on April 8th so it won't make it for round 1 (at least not with any testing). There is the old(er) Peugeot 308 and I thought they would give out a 2018 "Update Package" or something for it but surely the new/updated cars won't be ready for the opening couple of rounds
Old 4 Jan 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3790729)   #192
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why are people so obsessed with laptimes?
Old 5 Jan 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3790760)   #193
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yeah, everyone knows whats important is not the length of the laptime... its rather the girth of the tires, the stamina of the engines and the driving technique.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3790789)   #194
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The faster you go the less time you have for any errors and more professional you are. It's obvious.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3790791)   #195
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The faster the cars go the quicker the boring WTCC race is over!

Sorry, I'm being mean. I am hoping that the TCR regulations will give this series the shot in the arm it needs. More close on track action and overtaking are definitely required.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3790803)   #196
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

Sorry, I'm being mean. I am hoping that the TCR regulations will give this series the shot in the arm it needs. More close on track action and overtaking are definitely required.
AMEN!
Old 5 Jan 2018, 12:47 (Ref:3790805)   #197
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say I'm looking forward to this years season more than I did for the last couple of TC1 seasons combined!
Old 5 Jan 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3790811)   #198
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

So, WTCR stands not only for degradation of constructors', but also for drivers' growth. OK, then. But it's a dead-end.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3790827)   #199
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, the big problem with TC1, was they had too much downforce, for the detriment of the racing. TCR should be more exciting
Old 5 Jan 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3790833)   #200
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
So, how many manufacturers will compete at the WTCR?

Audi, Seat, VW and Honda are a guarantee.

How about Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Opel, Subaru, Hyundai and Kia?