Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Mar 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1553206)   #1
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"I'll win or crash, i dont really care" - West

"I'll win or crash, i dont really care" - West

from his latest interview on motogp.com

Can I just say, i love this guy. And good on him! He really does have a lot of talent for riding a motorcycle and deserves to be on a factory bike.

He is surely better then Alex DeAngles, can Alex really stay in the factory team if he doesn't at least win one race this year?? West only rode like 4 races on that questionable KTM and got a 2nd place. ALex only got two 2nds the whole year on a factory bike
Old 20 Mar 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1553224)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
come on guys ...can we have just .. West is good . without the surely better than .. x and x and xx . including an ex World Champion ?? .. you willing to put you're life savings on it ??

and come on nr.2 .. Jaques got a podium for Kawa in the rain in China too .. you can't compare it to Alex's podiums

it may be bad luck that he isn't running factory bikes .. and he is good ..
probably the best one riding private bikes .. and probably better than most factory riders .. .. but it's just a probably .. not surely ..

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1553248)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also i think you will find he had a factory ride last year but had a huge bust up with the team manager which meant he got the sack!

Unlucky or dumb! You tell me!

Alex is an up and comonf rider who would have won Gp's last year were it not for bad luck, I think West has only ever really shone in the wey, though he is quick, he has had plenty of chances on factory bikes over the years, he was a factory Honda rider in teh Shell Advance days and got nowhere near Ukawa on the same bike.
Funny that Danny mentions Jacque aswell, coz it has bearing on the West thing. OJ first rode a kitted RS Honda in 94 I think and got amazing results. sometimes beating his NSR mounted team mate Ruggia. Wests never did that against Ukawa, or not very often even on the same bike!

Then again OJ was total rubbish the other times he rode the Kwak otehr than China, hence why he aint around now!
Old 20 Mar 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1553309)   #4
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
you willing to put you're life savings on it ??
Well considering my life savings is about $260 then well sure!!!

Anyway, my point was that 'how good is that attitude' i love it. I wish more riders were so hungry.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 04:09 (Ref:1553352)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
he has had plenty of chances on factory bikes over the years, he was a factory Honda rider in teh Shell Advance days and got nowhere near Ukawa on the same bike.
Funny that Danny mentions Jacque aswell, coz it has bearing on the West thing. OJ first rode a kitted RS Honda in 94 I think and got amazing results. sometimes beating his NSR mounted team mate Ruggia. Wests never did that against Ukawa, or not very often even on the same bike!

Then again OJ was total rubbish the other times he rode the Kwak otehr than China, hence why he aint around now!
Im pretty sure that Wests bike was fairly standard ( I heard it was virtually a road bike) while Ukawa had more updated machinery in this case , so I dont think that can be brought into any discussion on the matter

West is a Fantastic rider , and I love the quote of "he only rides good in the wet"

Ummm Yeah , thats when REAL talent shines through and equals up the bikes a bit , because Westy has been on private bikes when he shone in the wet

he needs a steady job on a factory bike no doubt , its a bout time this happened properly if nothing else end this debate thats been raging for about 6 years now.

Westy is world champ material in my books if given a decent bike and time to develop into a consistant front runner.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1555097)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sorry guys but he has had his chances more than enough times
He rode a TSR framed RS first year on Shell Advance I admit but the year after was on a proper NSR just like Ukawa's. Adn remember Jacque did the same thing and beat Ruggia on an inferior bike, then going on to win a world championship.
There are also a lot of guys that deserve better bikes, Guintoli was awesome last year and Porto and Rolfo have been givne their chance and taken it

And I definately dont agree that guys that only win in the wet are quicker because it allows real talent to shine through, it just allows a rider with more feel like a Rutter, or a Checa, Gibernau etc to get good results, more often than not you get freak results in the wet, Laconi winning, McWilliams winning.
it allows a team to take a gamble and exploit the weat weather skills of a rider, What would you rather be known as a guy who only wins in the wet or a guy that can get good results whatever the weather!
I agree that West is a talent but he had his biggest chance yet on the KTM and his big mouth blew it for him!! That is a fact
And who is gonna take on someone like that again, just ask Gobert!! Must be something in the water down there!!!
Old 20 Mar 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1555127)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laconi winning is not a freak results .. please

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2006, 22:18 (Ref:1555293)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Westy's outbursts were justified
A) the bike didn't debut untill welll after it should.
B) even then the bike was either seizing (Which bikes havn't done since teh 70s) or just
C) Spitting him off.

It it became apparant that that bike wasn't a safe one to ride, And I be he told them as much. KTM didn't like it, and out goes Westy.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1555354)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
well .. Biaggi complained about Honda too . got "fired" .. .. because of that .. he'll never ride a Honda supported bike again .. but nobody is defending him ..
i belive this sort of things should be resolved internaly .. if the press knows it .. it doesn't solve the problem .

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1555371)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think really if they had their eyes screwed into their heads they would have kept him on, I mean he did most of the work on the bike to start with, why wouldnt you keep the guy that got you a podium foirst time out!

A bike spitting you off is a bad thing, it eitehr means you are riding it too hard or it just spins up and chucks you off, but surely the man twisting the throttle has a hand on that eh!!

I just think its a shame that the guy isnt out there, I dont really think he deserves a factory bike any more than Guintoli, Davies or any of the other guys that got fairly regular points last year, it was a very tough remember and for Guinters to get points as much as he did against all those factory bikes is superb, maybe SCRAB have got factory bikes? Does anyone know?