Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Mar 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4040199)   #651
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The traction of the car is beastly huge! quite impressive considering it was just first time on track. Can you share us how high the engine revs?
Old 12 Mar 2021, 21:04 (Ref:4040202)   #652
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
The traction of the car is beastly huge! quite impressive considering it was just first time on track. Can you share us how high the engine revs?
Very flat torque curve.
We ran 600 KLM's at Monza without issues.
Old 12 Mar 2021, 21:54 (Ref:4040207)   #653
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Very flat torque curve.
We ran 600 KLM's at Monza without issues.
I'm watching the video again and again and traction and acceleration is really scary! it gives me the vibes of a car with at least of a couple of seasons of development!
I had a trackday experience in vallelunga years ago and I didn't like and still don't like the track because I find it really boring and start/stop twisty in last 2 sectors, the way the car can accelerate so soon and so fast smoothly in campagnano and semaforo/tornantino corners is stunning
Old 12 Mar 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4040218)   #654
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'm watching the video again and again and traction and acceleration is really scary! it gives me the vibes of a car with at least of a couple of seasons of development!
I had a trackday experience in vallelunga years ago and I didn't like and still don't like the track because I find it really boring and start/stop twisty in last 2 sectors, the way the car can accelerate so soon and so fast smoothly in campagnano and semaforo/tornantino corners is stunning
Thanks!
Old 13 Mar 2021, 07:58 (Ref:4040244)   #655
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Vallelunga, a track criticised for being too slow and stop start, has an extension made, to... make it... slower and more stop start. Nothing like doubling down on what they like eh? Teams love to test there though, or they used to.
Old 13 Mar 2021, 08:25 (Ref:4040247)   #656
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Vallelunga, a track criticised for being too slow and stop start, has an extension made, to... make it... slower and more stop start. Nothing like doubling down on what they like eh? Teams love to test there though, or they used to.
Vallelunga is used for trackdays, testing and racing mainly because is only 50km far from Rome, so it can be reached easily from basically everywhere in the world.
Track layout is quite boring, last part is a mess... still recall the driving coach telling me to be as calm as possible on slow corners and to wait like forever before push throttle again that's why I find impressive the traction of the car exiting from those slow corners.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 13:32 (Ref:4040811)   #657
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Little prang in testing https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/stat...532589568?s=20
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4040827)   #658
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only to be expected at some point, I guess....
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4040835)   #659
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Only to be expected at some point, I guess....
Racing car things, sometimes happens.

A bit more damage than I expected though, hopefully the team can sort quickly
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...llelunga-test/

I'm impressed that Jim and the team are so open with this kind of thing, think their competitors are a bit cagier on what they reveal, SCG are a bit more a team of the people imo.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4040838)   #660
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post

I'm impressed that Jim and the team are so open with this kind of thing, think their competitors are a bit cagier on what they reveal, SCG are a bit more a team of the people imo.
Absolutely agree, it's what makes this venture so refreshing.....
Old 16 Mar 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4040843)   #661
canaglia
Veteran

In real world exist racing cars that crashed and other that didn't crash yet.
Anyway, until carbon tub isn't damaged is fine.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4040854)   #662
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post

I can still remember a heavy Peugeot or Audi crash during testing, which took ages to get some knowledge about what happened, even though it was as heavy is it was.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4040888)   #663
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I can still remember a heavy Peugeot or Audi crash during testing, which took ages to get some knowledge about what happened, even though it was as heavy is it was.
no manufacturers will ever be happy to admit they're having or had heavy crashes during tests. I recall in summer/late 2013 and early 2014 porsche PR were claiming how good testing were going and how confident they were while actually they were having all kind of issues... vibrations from the engine so strong that drivers had breathing difficulties, unstable batteries that made the car catching fire etc... it's just motorsport.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4040949)   #664
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
no manufacturers will ever be happy to admit they're having or had heavy crashes during tests. I recall in summer/late 2013 and early 2014 porsche PR were claiming how good testing were going and how confident they were while actually they were having all kind of issues... vibrations from the engine so strong that drivers had breathing difficulties, unstable batteries that made the car catching fire etc... it's just motorsport.
All is fine. Driver cold tire error. Parts broke away as designed. No structural damage at all.
We did a lot of laps. Learned a lot.
Car is fast.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4040967)   #665
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's good. Plenty have lost it on cold tyres before. Just a minor hiccup. As the chassis isn't damaged, you should be fine

Anyway glad you are getting more data, getting more and more excited for Le Mans now based on this
Old 17 Mar 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4040968)   #666
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well good news damage is limited and always good to know how it will stand up in an accident, so hopefully you can get something out of the unfortunate incident.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4041153)   #667
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ACO's ambivalent attitude to privateers continues with the official Le Mans poster.
These are the guys taking the real risks every year.

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus_eu/s...450002432?s=19
Old 18 Mar 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4041157)   #668
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that they've got a fancy new formula and then put the grandfathered old LMP1 on there boggles the mind.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4041158)   #669
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes I don't get it either. Why put on an ancient formula on the poster?
Old 18 Mar 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4041159)   #670
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because it is french
Old 18 Mar 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4041169)   #671
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes indeed. Being French counts for a great deal at Le Mans. It's actually a surprise that the Alpine isn't shown as being in front. The Glick version is definitely better!
Old 18 Mar 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4041185)   #672
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Get your name on the car!

https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus_eu/s...186630657?s=19
Old 18 Mar 2021, 12:18 (Ref:4041187)   #673
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The hoodies are nice but the rest is just a bit pricey for me. A nice t-shirt would be good.....

Edit.... found them now.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Mar 2021 at 16:35.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4041223)   #674
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I bought my t-shirt last year and have been holding out for a team flag to add to the poles trackside at Road Atlanta.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4041226)   #675
S griffin
Veteran

Merchandise is selling fast. How we get to see it at the race track come August