Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Aug 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1375137)   #1
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Britcar) Production S1 in '06

I've just learnt that the Production S1 engine size limit in 2006 is to be increased to 3.2 from 3.0. This is surely going to mean that all the Britcar BM's will then be eligible which to my mind sort of dilutes the main reasoning behind having a separate less high flying championship which is supposedly cheaper. I've been preparing my M3 3.0 for the last 3 months specifically to enter the last few rounds & this news means that at best i'm looking at an engine swap & as far as I can see to now be competitive is also going to mean a shedload of money. I think this might be a backward move. Any thoughts?
Old 8 Aug 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1375398)   #2
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

My personal opinion is that before James (or the EERC team) goes ahead and changes things for next year they (EERC) should have a drivers/team meeting in perhaps December where eveyone who has something to say on the way things are run should voice their thoughts. James and his team have done superbly and have made the Britcar race days something to be proud of and next year will be excellent-BUT, EERC should not go too far and push for too much. A series has been made which at present seems to fit the bill in most peoples minds, give or take a few tweaks regarding cars which seem to be able to run in some classes though should actually be in another ect, etc. It happened to Eurocar where a brilliant series was completely ruined by another sister series joining it for bigger more powerful cars...it died because the new cars cost too much money and it also watered down the entries in the original series-greed took over. It now seems the Radical series is now heading the same way, superb grids, close and fast racing-great stuff. but then a more powerful version came up and a new series for them was born. It then depleted the original series and was also much more expensive to run...it is now seeing very small grids for both series and now a new bigger, faster car is around!...greed is all it is and it never works. EERC should listen to the entrants before making any wrong decisions and leaving what is, and will be the best saloon series in Britain as being just one of those saloon series that died a death due to wrong doings. An AGM is the correct route for James and the team to thrash out any possible problems before it gets out of hand...phew, thats my thoughts at least!
Old 9 Aug 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1378427)   #3
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did you here that news Dom?

and a good point from Baz.

It would be good to find out about Production S1 as soon as possible, perhaps after the 24Hr so that one can find the resouces and plan correctly in time to make the new season (Does that make sense?)
Old 9 Aug 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1378450)   #4
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to agree also with Barry... Eurocar was absolutely brilliant but was ruined. Radical was also good, but is beginning to go the same way. Take at look at, for example, FPA.... That`s not been messed with too much and it`s still going strong. I expect people will now string me up for a very bad example, but who cares!
Old 10 Aug 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1379122)   #5
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree an agm would be a good idea. It will have to be a lot earlier than December though as due to the length of the Britcar/Production S1 season, you need to be re-building your car(s) by then.

No problem with a move from 3.0 to 3.2 (we are 3.0 in the BM I drive), but it has to be capped to a "production" type car, if the carbon bodied/sequential gearboxed Group A M3's come across then it is just going to drive the costs onwards and upwards again with Production S1 following Britcar.

A set of regulations have to be agreed and the cars need to be scrutineered to that standard, particularly in S1, if Britcar wants to chase bigger and faster GT cars that is fine, but production S1 must not go the same way. Quite happy to build a car to set of regulations if everyone is playing by them.

Archibold
Old 10 Aug 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1379407)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly, I'm sure James is shrewd enough to know that drivers viewpoints are vital to his series and that changes for changes sake are not the way to do things. The M7RC (Mini Seven Racing Club) has an AGM at Silverstone each year (Feb' sort of time I think) and is run very proffesionally and most drivers, team members, mechanics etc turn-up. Everything is talked about and voted on in a proper manner. Everyone who has something to say gets a chance and it is put to the board. Nothing is changed in the regs unless the majority feel its right to go ahead with said changes-this seems to be the way to do things. Who knows what James's maybe thinking at the moment anyway?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1379692)   #7
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snapper Baz

It would have to be a lot earlier than Feb, e.g. Oct if cars are going to be built to a set of regs...

Archibold
Old 15 Aug 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1382418)   #8
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
James Tucker confirmed it in an email to me last week, if the monster 3.2's come into Prod S1 with their sequential boxes come then I for one will not, an engine change is fine & easily affordable but to fit to be competitive you need similar kit & that means big upgrades & money just to get out on the grid.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1383011)   #9
markw63
Rookie

United Kingdom
milton keynes
markw63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ouch, that will make the car were building look a bit sick...thats a bit of a blow.
markw
racing developments
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1383111)   #10
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
What would the advantages be of allowing in this bigger engine size-and why not add them, or even add a class to Britcar? All those with a problem or any thoughts on the subject should post to the EERC website forum and also contact James about their concerns-after all its your money that might not be heading its way to the EERC-if 2, 3 or more cars opt out of racing with the EERC next year for whatever reason it would be a fairly high chunk of income that would be lost to the club.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1384043)   #11
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely these 3.2 Carbon panelled M3's are as Production as my beast.

Perhaps he'll let them in with restrictors, weight penalties, and other factors making it hardly worth spending the mega-zillions on buying one.

Rob.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1385019)   #12
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
We have cars in the Kumho's that are carrying somewhere in the region of 200kgs as they are simply overly dcveloped, can't see the point in allowing 3.2's in if they have to be restricted to that extent. A detuned weighted up 3.2 will still have quite alot of torque advantage over any 3.0 & this is the main problem
Old 19 Aug 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1386553)   #13
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Del you devil-I see youv'e planted yourself in that Aussie Falcon...should be a real monster for you to tame!
Old 20 Aug 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1386943)   #14
Ali Rushforth
Racer

England
Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Ali Rushforth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibold
Snapper Baz

It would have to be a lot earlier than Feb, e.g. Oct if cars are going to be built to a set of regs...

Archibold
The M7 Club AGM that will be held in Feb 06 will be discussing rule changes that will come into force in 07. Therefore giving all members an oportunity to vote things in/out, then have 12 months notice in which to make changes.