Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Notices

Old 28 Aug 2009, 01:58 (Ref:2529640)   #16
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, it is to 09 spec.
Certainly is.........

Old 28 Aug 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2529834)   #17
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The on line auction of Embassy assets in the liquidation sale was fascinating and it is now clear who paid about 5% of the build cost for those two cars, all the spares, moulds, jigs, wheels etc. Interesting stuff
Old 28 Aug 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2529841)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
You are all missing the most important question:
Will the girls be back too?
I suspect you're going to be disappointed.........the team are taking a 'no frills' approach this time around with resources focused entirely on racing. In truth, I haven't asked Jonathan about 'the girls', but, I can make an educated guess at what his answer would be.

The immediate aim is to transform the car from what it was in 2008 into a strong, reliable, competitive package for 2010. As explained in Malcolm's comprehensive article on DSC, the work being undertaken over these 5 days of testing at Snetterton is the work that would have been carried out over last Winter, a schedule designed to address the weaknesses in the package which thwarted their attack on the 2008 championship.

And, whilst the immediate focus has been to address 2008 issues and to get a baseline set-up with the 2009 aero, there is an ongoing assessment of each and every area of the package. I would anticipate further developments post Silverstone and over the Winter months prior to the team's 2010 campaign.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 12:35 (Ref:2529844)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
The on line auction of Embassy assets in the liquidation sale was fascinating and it is now clear who paid about 5% of the build cost for those two cars, all the spares, moulds, jigs, wheels etc. Interesting stuff
Keep a close eye on Daily Sportscar over the next few days, I believe there's a very interesting tale which will be told............
Old 28 Aug 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2529849)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
This is great news indeed . Im delighted to see them rise from the flames ..... too bad there is another team called Pheonix !!!

I wonder what engine they will have ? Possibily the zytek again , a Judd or perhaps an Acura . Hope they dont go the Mazda route but , Dyson seems to have them working over there .

Brilliant drivers again ..... all my very best to them .

So James ..... how long have you known about this little gem then ?
Old 28 Aug 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2529888)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I wonder what engine they will have ? Possibily the zytek again , a Judd or perhaps an Acura . Hope they dont go the Mazda route but , Dyson seems to have them working over there .

Brilliant drivers again ..... all my very best to them .

So James ..... how long have you known about this little gem then ?
The car is still Zytek (snap, crackle and pop) powered, and that's the unit that will be in the car at Silverstone.

Yep, top notch drivers again, and Jody really excelled in testing considering it's his first experience of a prototype (certainly the man sporting the widest grin at Snett ).

How long have I known? Couldn't possibly say.........
Old 28 Aug 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2529927)   #22
sml202
Rookie

sml202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you have any more photos from the test session?
Old 28 Aug 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2530054)   #23
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The car is still Zytek (snap, crackle and pop) powered, and that's the unit that will be in the car at Silverstone.

ive missed the noise the Embassy makes, it sounds so savage compared to the other Zytek's and Zytek engined car's, plus it was mega loud, wonder if spinal tap are in the engine bay instead of a Zytek V8, the volume is well and truly turned up to 11
Old 28 Aug 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2530068)   #24
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post

ive missed the noise the Embassy makes, it sounds so savage compared to the other Zytek's and Zytek engined car's, plus it was mega loud, wonder if spinal tap are in the engine bay instead of a Zytek V8, the volume is well and truly turned up to 11
Well, that is easy to find out. When it drives past do you hear "Weee're back from the deeeaaadddd!"?

Chris
Old 28 Aug 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2530129)   #25
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Warren Hughes is in...hurrah! The return of the only true Ginger head in prototypes!
Old 28 Aug 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2530135)   #26
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guys can anyone tell me what the deal is on Friday for teh 100k race?

Can you go and watch then? Or is it closed, cant find owt on Silverstone site, but there is a program of events running on the timetable.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2530168)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sml202 View Post
Do you have any more photos from the test session?
I do, but because I already have a lot of photos from previous tests/races, I was concentrating only on the rear of the car (which is new). Sorry!

I'll try to put together a more comprehensive gallery at Silverstone.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2530170)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Guys can anyone tell me what the deal is on Friday for teh 100k race?

Can you go and watch then? Or is it closed, cant find owt on Silverstone site, but there is a program of events running on the timetable.
In previous years, the circuit has always been open to the public on the Friday. I very much doubt it'll be any different this year, and it's FREE to get in!
Old 29 Aug 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2530188)   #29
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
In previous years, the circuit has always been open to the public on the Friday. I very much doubt it'll be any different this year, and it's FREE to get in!
Hence why i always make sure i have the friday free on the second week of september, 2 hours of awesomeness, off topic, but it appears on the LMS website we have a DBR9 on the grid for Silverstone as well with Peter Kox and Phillip Peter aboard, one last hurrah for the Aston it seems.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2530294)   #30
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
but it appears on the LMS website we have a DBR9 on the grid for Silverstone as well with Peter Kox and Phillip Peter aboard, one last hurrah for the Aston it seems.
The LMS site is showing Ryan Sharp and Peter Kox as the DBR9 drivers.

Tom.