Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old 25 Dec 2020, 01:44 (Ref:4025148)   #1006
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When it comes to advice on medical matters, I'll go with the (medical) doctors - not politicians, present or has-been!

Merry Xmas
Old 25 Dec 2020, 09:28 (Ref:4025169)   #1007
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, you can’t argue with the medical experts, despite what some might think.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:09 (Ref:4025177)   #1008
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, you can’t argue with the medical experts, despite what some might think.

That, I'm afraid, is not true!

Immediately prior to my operation, the anaesthetist insisted that I took some medication that I had stopped taking some weeks previously. I objected, but allowed her to overrule me.

Result was that the medication slowed my heart rate down so much that, firstly, they were unable to prep me for the operation, and then they had to stabilise me during the operation. At that point, the surgeon decided that it would not be a wise move to complete the operation, and as consequence, I will require further surgery next year to finish off a task that could have have been done back in August.

The anaesthetist acknowledged after the operation that she had been wrong.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 10:38 (Ref:4025180)   #1009
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That, I'm afraid, is not true!

Immediately prior to my operation, the anaesthetist insisted that I took some medication that I had stopped taking some weeks previously. I objected, but allowed her to overrule me.

Result was that the medication slowed my heart rate down so much that, firstly, they were unable to prep me for the operation, and then they had to stabilise me during the operation. At that point, the surgeon decided that it would not be a wise move to complete the operation, and as consequence, I will require further surgery next year to finish off a task that could have have been done back in August.

The anaesthetist acknowledged after the operation that she had been wrong.
It's always the anaesthetist - beware of them! My late wife twice had problems caused by them! The second time, the needle had been wrongly placed in her spine; she sat up when she came round & promptly went blind. The anaesthetist was immediately summonsed but it was Friday afternoon & he was about to go home, said he'd deal with it on Monday!!¬

"Oh no won't" said a very stern ward sister & she made him deal with it then & there.
Old 25 Dec 2020, 15:27 (Ref:4025205)   #1010
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's always the anaesthetist - beware of them!
Sure you're right! Last summer, for my birthday, I had to use one. When he told me prior to the injection "think about something nice" I told him laughing "Oh yes, are you aware that the surgeon has sex with your wife?" In good French, vous êtes cocu!
Quand on va mettre les imbéciles en orbite, ça va parler français dans l'espace! Macron voulut être roi, il a l'air fin maintenant! Je ne cherche pas à être populaire. Vouloir être populaire c'est faire voeu de médiocrité. Now, lets go racing!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 22:49 (Ref:4028253)   #1011
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unsurprisingly, CSCC's planned pre-season trackday at Donington on February 16th has been cancelled.......given that the current "stay at home" lockdown is only due to be reviewed the day before, the likellihood and indeed wisdom of people converging from all over the country has been looking unlikely for a while.....

I'm a bit sceptical about whether the season opener at end of March will happen, either.....but I haven't cancelled my Premier Inn booking for the Oulton round on April 10th, yet